• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb are bringing back the Endurance Run... and it's Shenmue.

Gigarator

It all seemed like a good idea at the time... I just wanted to play Shenmue... I didn't know anybody was going to get hurt. We were just kids.

Also, A was pushed but other buttons may have been held down. I vote for a mistrial and that we all try to enjoy what is a very special game... with some patience and a light heart.

I think you've doubled your entire post count by coming into this thread, A-buttongate will forever be remembered. Love and respect.

TheGrue

Will be a challenge finding that

Vinny has actually played some if you think about it. He's played Dark Souls, Castlevania, and Persona. Those right there are going to be full of people constantly criticizing (with Dark Souls being the one with the worst fans).

I played Shenmue as an adult (was 27) back when it came out on Dreamcast and I bounced off of it pretty quick. Having watched them play it, I've gone from not liking the game to actually being pretty interested in it on Disc 2. Kind of makes me wish I had stuck with it a little more. It's got tons of issues, but I think the more I've watched, the more I see some redeeming qualities.

I grew up on text adventures (pretty much played every Infocom game out there) and then point and click adventures and this does have the feel of those, while having a world you can live in and interact.

I don't get the mentality I see in here and other threads of people who just get angry or can't watch someone stumble. If it's a game I know well, it's just funny watching people make mistakes and often times I find I have moments where I had a similar issue as the person playing and it's great to commiserate. Some of you folks need to loosen up.

It all seemed like a good idea at the time... I just wanted to play Shenmue... I didn't know anybody was going to get hurt. We were just kids.

Also, A was pushed but other buttons may have been held down. I vote for a mistrial and that we all try to enjoy what is a very special game... with some patience and a light heart.

I hope drawergate doesn't scare you away from checking out Shenmue II!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJrS5J3a_7U

Mario Grianni
Age 48
Height 6' 0"
Weight 265lbs
Blood Type O
D.O.B. 5th September 1938
Family Wife: Momoko Grianni
Appears in Shenmue I

Mario Grianni is an Italian living in Japan and the owner of Bob's Pizzeria on Dobuita Street, Yokosuka. Originally from Milan, he used to work alongside his brother as a chef in a famous pizzeria. Five years ago he and his wife, who originally came from Japan, decided to move back to Japan and open his restaurant in Dobuita. He seems to want to fix Ryo up with Nozomi by offering to make him pizzas to share with her

pizzacat

Banned
I have my dreamcast still but ya know I hope my kids never find it, they can start obsessing over this or sonic or something.

Bless

I end up listening to the ER while working. Feels like the conversations my dad and brother in law and I have when trying to assemble the kids toys the night before Christmas.

openrob

I just love/hate when they said "Have I been missing collectibles this whole time" hahaha
And then look at and skip several collectibles

Spaghetti

At this point I regret starting the thread.
I regret posting in it. Night after night after night after night.

But life is full of regrets. This is just another one to go on the tyre fire.

So pretty much any game?
I dunno. The intensity of Shenmue fans is probably why we're getting a crowdfunded Shenmue III that broke triple funding records, but yeah, Metal Gear Scanlon made people crazy too.

Zafir

So pretty much any game?

Pretty much.

I mean I think this only happened because it was pre-recorded. So people just got frustrated seeing the same mistakes over and over and no one could even correct them.

Compare that to Persona 4 which also has a passionate fanbase. I've been watching through it recently since I never got round to it when it was first put up. People could just post tips in the comments, they'd read them and improve by the next episode.

You know good and goddamn well that a Persona 5 Endurance Run will never happen and if it did it would never meet expectations

Yeah, unless either Jeff or Vinny has a month vacation planned on the opposite coast starting mid-February, I don't think there's any chance of that happening. I only hope that they both play and enjoy it :D

Curufinwe

You know good and goddamn well that a Persona 5 Endurance Run will never happen and if it did it would never meet expectations

I think Vinny will play P5 at work, otherwise he'll never play it.

Whether it's called an ER, and whether Chie=Waifu is involved doesn't matter to me. Alex and Dan are more than acceptable substitutes for Jeff.

BOTEC

Interestingly enough, when I played through the game last week I also didn't get the letter to trigger an event, and I was convinced it would. I'm not willing to go back and replay that part, but I bet it has something to do with the angle you point the camera at. A few degrees off and the camera snaps to the desk drawer and ignores the letter since it's not in the right space. That seems like a very Shenmue thing for it to do.

A Dan&Alex Persona 5 endurance run full of 100 hours of Dan asking questions about Japan.

Now I'm imagining Dan being present for Persona 4 and and the final episode still talking about Yosako, Chia-ee, and Can-jee.

edit: At least two episodes asking about honorifics in which it gets explained differently each time

Zafir

Interestingly enough, when I played through the game last week I also didn't get the letter to trigger an event, and I was convinced it would. I'm not willing to go back and replay that part, but I bet it has something to do with the angle you point the camera at. A few degrees off and the camera snaps to the desk drawer and ignores the letter since it's not in the right space. That seems like a very Shenmue thing for it to do.

I remember the camera being a bit finicky when trying to swap between different objects. Like a good example for me was when you're trying to pick up the cassette from Ryo's desk and it would often keep trying to snap to the lamp.

Top Bottom