• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb are bringing back the Endurance Run... and it's Shenmue.

big_z

Im not surprised. As soon as dan mentioned his girlfriends family is in new york and he was staying a month I figured it was a test move. All they need now is Jeffy B and Gbeast is a dream team.

The hole dan leaves in the west will be felt and its a shame danny isn't joining them because he fits perfect....

Brinbe

Nice, I think there's enough in there for a fun run. Sets things up for doing Shenmue II down the road too.

Lol at people hating on members of the GB crew. Get real, they're all stand up guys in what they do. No need to hate. Read vice if you want to see what Austin is up to.

Also, you think Austin would appreciate/approve the disparaging comments towards his friends? No need to white knight someone who made a career switch.

Blablurn

giantbomb east just got very interesting. i always loved their podcast but didnt enjoy video coverage. that will change with dan.

I've never played this and never watched a let's play of it.

First episode was entertaining, looking forward to seeing more.

(Dan will be missed in GBWest content, always brings the unstable/unpredictable element. GBEast should do mailbag vids!)

Lindsaymv

(Dan will be missed in GBWest content, always brings the unstable/unpredictable element. GBEast should do mailbag vids!)

Yeah that's what it is. I love both GB teams and I'm not here to hate but I think Dan brought that certain wild energy to West, an energy that was already there in East. I'm really happy that East is doubling down on that but I just hope West manages to replicate that feeling because I love Jeff and all the guys, but Dan sparked so well with them imo.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yeah that's what it is. I love both GB teams and I'm not here to hate but I think Dan brought that certain wild energy to West, an energy that was already there in East. I'm really happy that East is doubling down on that but I just hope West manages to replicate that feeling because I love Jeff and all the guys, but Dan sparked so well with them imo.

Agreed. Dan and Jeff really worked well together especially. That will be a difficult hole to fill

Natiko

Banned
Agreed. Dan and Jeff really worked well together especially. That will be a difficult hole to fill

On the flip side though Dan and Vinny is the best combo the site has had since Vinny switched coasts. It'll definitely be a damper on the west coast for awhile until they get things running smoothly again out there, but the east coast office is going to be killing it.

Isomac

Nice return of the endurance run!

Hmm Dan leaving to join GBE. That is very exciting! Although I do wonder what happens to Mario Party. Maybe they can get one done before Dan leaves the SF office. I hope they keep the Mario Party going with Dan, Vinny, Alex and guest star Jeff Bakalar.

Ledsen

Dan is leaving the Bombcast? Nooooooo I'm genuinely sad about this news :(:(:( first Vinny, now this........ I want Jeff, Vinny, Drew and Dan on the same podcast :( :( :(

oti

Banned
I like that Dan is moving (East needs Dan more than West) but what about Mario Party Party? It's the best most awful thing on the site?

Dan on the East team is a good move. I've never warmed to the East crew, but this might be the ticket.

Also I've never played Shenmue so this will ve fun.

Hoo-doo

Banned
YES, I can't fucking wait! It's going to be amazing.

Dan meshes amazingly with Vinny and Alex, so I am not worried for a second. I wonder who could be the new hire for GBWest though.

you know how jeff was talking about buying a vocaloid?
i think i know who the new member is

~Hey everyone it's tuesssssday~
hatsune-miku-92.jpeg

Damn I wish they had learned to zoom in on objects, missed the cassette tape on the desk and all the garbage in the cupboards.

Great first episode though.

It's Vinny Caravella, Alex Navarro and Dan Ryckert at the helm. No premium membership required.

Do these three actually like Shenmue then? 'Cos I know that the main guy at GB hates Shenmue with a passion.

mcrommert

Banned
On the flip side though Dan and Vinny is the best combo the site has had since Vinny switched coasts. It'll definitely be a damper on the west coast for awhile until they get things running smoothly again out there, but the east coast office is going to be killing it.

True by Jeff could do it by himself...I would seriously listen to him comment on the phone book

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Do these three actually like Shenmue then? 'Cos I know that the main guy at GB hates Shenmue with a passion.

Vinny has never played it, Dan played through it when it came out and liked it, and Alex got bored pretty quick when he played it back then. They mention it on the first episode.

Only one to have ever beaten it is Dan, who in the video states he played it so long ago he's forgotten basically everything.

Jeff rants about Shenmue, but I don't think he is foaming at the mouth about it in reality, I'd say that's just part of the act when he's recording the podcast or on camera. He probably just doesn't like the type of game it is, which honestly, I can't blame him cause I have ZERO interest myself, and that extends to the Yakuza series as well.

Vinny: Everything is awesome but I am being sarcastic.
Alex: I hate everything, but I am being sarcastic.
Dan: I secretly am an otaku, I just don't know it yet.

Awesome that he joined GBeast though, Podcast were mediocre after Walker left, but have been a blast with Dan.

One has to ask though. What had a bigger budget, FFX or Shenmue 1 and 2?

Honestly kinda relieved Jeff isn't on this.

Eh, in name maybe but they've played through a bunch of stuff since then.

With Until Dawn, Contradiction, Life is Strange and VinnyVania, I'm surprised they went back to the name ER.

Still awesome, though.

Top Bottom