• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

Not sure if you should read anything into it, Danny has been really negative since he last played it, and I doubt he's played the release version since he's not a reviewer.

Ah it's more that along with how Jeff mentioned it in one of the recent bombcasts and Brad's reaction just now. Though, yes, I'll likely wait until more in depth impressions come in before deciding on a purchase. It releases one week from now, anyhow.

Myggen

Ah it's more that along with how Jeff mentioned it in one of the recent bombcasts and Brad's reaction just now. Though, yes, I'll likely wait until more in depth impressions come in before deciding on a purchase. It releases one week from now, anyhow.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Alex is reviewing that one. But make no mistake, it really doesn't sound like a game anyone on the staff would really love. I can't wait for the review thread next week, a lot of people have hyped themselves up a LOT for this game, and it doesn't really sound like something that would review with fantastic scores. There's been some really positive "impressions" by posters here on GAF, but it's always impossible to know if those are actually authentic.

Zaph

4Jgtc9T.png

For reference
http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/prepare-to-joust/2300-4883/ Part 1
http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/prepare-to-joust-part-02/2300-4990/ Part 2

def sim

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Alex is reviewing that one. But make no mistake, it really doesn't sound like a game anyone on the staff would really love. I can't wait for the review thread next week, a lot of people have hyped themselves up a LOT for this game, and it doesn't really sound like something that would review with fantastic scores. There's been some really positive "impressions" by posters here on GAF, but it's always impossible to know if those are actually authentic.

Hm it can be tough trusting impressions from some of the people here that received it early. Hopefully more details come early next week when mom and pops receive their shipments. I rely on word of mouth from posters I generally trust than reviews or a metacritic score for the most part.

Haunted

Monster Hunter 4 looks incredibly ugly.

edit: HOLY SHIT THOSE TEXTURES

2015 (2014) release of one of Japan's biggest franchises

makes me want to punch a wall

Haunted

So I know we all hate patrick now(Jk) but he's streaming Demons Souls
http://www.twitch.tv/patrickklepek

He assumed that the archstones on the first level of the stairs are the easiest

He's made a huge mistake
"Now chasing that pewdiepie money" is actually part of his Twitch description. I was going to chalk it up as a cheeky side-comment, but then I saw him wearing silly hats in the archived videos I've skimmed through.

what happened patrick

still bookmarked his YT channel, gotta have my boy's back

If they can scale up these improvements with more powerful hardware, I guess there's still hope left for a future big-screen version. I've played the second and third generation games for a combined 1000+ hours on PSP, Wii and WiiU, but even my tolerance for PS2 level assets and graphics might be running out for (what I consider to be) an AAA title in 2015 and beyond.

edit: I closed the videos 10 minutes in because it made me sad, but from what I've seen, the core gameplay loop is still completely intact and familiar with new monsters and weapons. I'm still looking forward to a competent big-screen version of it.

TraBuch

Banned
It's no surprise to me that Jeff wouldn't like The Order. Didn't he recently say he hasn't liked Sony's first party stuff for years now?

MonHon 4 is very ugly in a very weird way.

The characters look ok in a random NPC from a PS2 Final Fantasy game sort of way but then the environments look like they fell out of the N64.

Capcom must have been trilled when they signed the exclusivity deal with Nintendo for MH. Its graphical level has been holding steady for closing on 10 years.

It's no surprise to me that Jeff wouldn't like The Order. Didn't he recently say he hasn't liked Sony's first party stuff for years now?

Sony needs to make a game where when you shoot someone damage numbers or XP pops out. its the only way to appeal to Jeff.

Myggen

I dont think that means he just automatically hates anything from Sony? He seemed to enjoy Infamous.

He did. Jeff not liking a lot of the first party Sony games shouldn't have any relevance to how he likes The Order, it's not like he has decided to hate Sony or anything.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

The Order doesn't really look anything like Sony's normal first party releases. Almost all of Sony's first party releases look interesting, for example.

The Order will probably be fine for what it is, but cinematic third person shooters with tons of QTEs aren't for everybody. I could see Brad liking it since he somehow liked Ryse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom