• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manbig

Not surprised at the negative vibe that The Order is getting. Everything about that game has just screamed generic Third Person Shooter with pretty graphics. I don't see why anyone can get hype for it outside of the visuals and maybe the setting.

Not surprised at the negative vibe that The Order is getting. Everything about that game has just screamed generic Third Person Shooter with pretty graphics. I don't see why anyone can get hype for it outside of the visuals and maybe the setting.

Don't post that in one of the 3 dozen Order threads in gaming side or you will get shit on, I tried to state my opinion on it, which was similar to what you said and just had every fanboy in the thread jumping down my throat about how wrong my opinion was.

I hope the games good, it sure looks nice, but I don't think it's going to be as great as the hype suggests.

Maybe if the Order was pretty enough I would be more interested but all the tech in the world isnt going to make all that brown and grey look appealing to me.

Zaph

Graphical fidelity aside, it looks like the type of game that would get people hyped if it were a launch title for last gen.

danm999

Exclusives on any system tend to generate a bit more fervor than I think they otherwise would as multiplats.

I'd be more interested in The Order if Ready at Dawn had any history of telling compelling stories. Cinematic games like this lean heavily on their writing and there's no reason to believe that this game is going have Naughty Dog level storytelling.

Myggen

I'd be more interested in The Order if Ready at Dawn had any history of telling compelling stories. Cinematic games like this lean heavily on their writing and there's no reason to believe that this game is going have Naughty Dog level storytelling.

I'm really impressed that a studio like that, which has pretty much just worked on PSP games and the GoW collection on PS3, was able to create such a beautiful game. Are they using their own engine?

Don't post that in one of the 3 dozen Order threads in gaming side or you will get shit on, I tried to state my opinion on it, which was similar to what you said and just had every fanboy in the thread jumping down my throat about how wrong my opinion was.

No, actually you would fit right in posting that. Every Order thread is bombarded with shit posts from the start.

def sim

Exclusives on any system tend to generate a bit more fervor than I think they otherwise would as multiplats.

That's what I gather from it. I'm just a sucker for physically based rendering and that's what piqued my interest in the first place.

(this is apparently a major spoiler?)
the vampire vs werewolf thing sounds like it might be fun if the gameplay holds up

def sim

I prefer emotionally-based rendering.

smuggest.gif

Manbig

A gym obsessed dude is making a game that appears to be all about the looks over the substance? You don't say!

I kid. The game might turn out great for all I know.

A gym obsessed dude is making a game that appears to be all about the looks over the substance? You don't say!

I kid. The game might turn out great for all I know.

The setting and story seem interesting as well.

It's the gameplay that's the weak link. That kind of Gears like slow TPS is just so 2009.

meh, I am looking forward to the order

So am I. People who have gotten their hands on it have given positive feedback. I don't get all the negative feedback, especially from those who haven't played it yet. That's not to say the GB guys or Danny haven't. Maybe they have. It just seems their minds are made up already which is a shame, especially if they haven't gone hands on.

Order looks good but not enough to interest me. It's like...to me it strikes me as being very gears of warry. I saw the animation fo the main guy running to a cutscene and I couldn't stop thinking about how much like GoW it looked like but with a victorian era.

shwimpy

Watching Dan's Tyson run on Gameinformer and these guys grilling him are hilarious. Just waiting for Dan to snap and beat the shit out of them.

Him doing it solo is definitely not going to as entertaining than if Brad was heckling him.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Just ate a big burrito, smoked some bud, got in my pj's and now it's time to relax with some UPF.

Uh oh, someone's sick. The sickness!

Brashnir

I hope the games good, it sure looks nice, but I don't think it's going to be as great as the hype suggests.

Overzealous Sony fans are worse than Nintendo fans around here.

Xeteh

Overzealous Sony fans are worse than Nintendo fans around here.

Key word. Doesn't matter what flag they fly, irrational people are irrational.

I am looking forward to The Order, though. I doubt I'll snag it at full price but once it goes down a bit, sure. It reminds me of Ryse, yeah its a super straight forward game but sometimes I want a mindless game with pretty window dressings. I play tons of games that require more from me to finish them, every now and then I don't mind playing something mindless...

Edit: Ugh, apparently when I drink I get redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom