• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithnCo

I hate Heavy Rain but at least that had the choose-your-own-adventure aspect

Until Dawn looks like it could be okay though because it looks dumb in a fun way

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
stahp just stahp

0098_rursa.gif

seriously though if the entirety of heavy rain was the chapter where you ignore your kid until he eats potato chips for dinner and then keep turning off the tv that he's watching, it would be GOAT

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
The Order would be significantly better if you had to do semicircles with the analog stick to groom your mustache, that much is for sure.

kingocfs

because PS4 has objectively the worst exclusives (by exclusive I mean also not on PC), and people get real defensive about that shit for some reason.

The games have just been middling on both consoles, IMO. I'm waiting for that first blockbuster title to make me even consider going in on either of these systems but the exclusives have had little substance.

The playthrough on youtube is 5 hours and 20 minutes long, of which about 2 hours are cutscenes.

GTFO with that shit.

Luke_Wal

Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed the Supreme Quick Look. I would give it a hot recommendation. "Fuch Yoo and Your Mother 2" is the best Asian-inspired pizza delivery business in town.

sjack

Banned
The games have just been middling on both consoles, IMO. I'm waiting for that first blockbuster title to make me even consider going in on either of these systems but the exclusives have had little substance.

I feel the same. I don't really get people who claim the Xbone is the one in the lead with exclusives when both of them look pretty meh to me.

Liamc723

The games have just been middling on both consoles, IMO. I'm waiting for that first blockbuster title to make me even consider going in on either of these systems but the exclusives have had little substance..

Bloodborne is shaping up to be something pretty incredible, but I don't think we'll really see an amazing Xbox exclusive until the end of the year with Halo 5 and Quantum Break.

jaina

Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed the Supreme Quick Look. I would give it a hot recommendation. "Fuch Yoo and Your Mother 2" is the best Asian-inspired pizza delivery business in town.

reading the thread, I first thought the "Fuch Yoo and Your Mother 2" quote came from the Lisa QL. Would've fit well in that game.

Bloodborne is shaping up to be something pretty incredible, but I don't think we'll really see an amazing Xbox exclusive until the end of the year with Halo 5 and Quantum Break.

I'm not sure either of those games are going to blow anyone's mind. It'd be nice if they did - and I know people really like Alan Wake - but... hmmmm.

Liamc723

I'm not sure either of those games are going to blow anyone's mind. It'd be nice if they did - and I know people really like Alan Wake - but... hmmmm.

I think Halo 5 will attract mixed reactions, it'll probably be an excellent game but too many people will disregard it because of its departure from Halo's core gameplay.

Quantum Break blew me away with the last gameplay video I saw of it, I think it could be something really quite great.

Myggen

I think Halo 5 will attract mixed reactions, it'll probably be an excellent game but too many people will disregard it because of its departure from Halo's core gameplay.

Quantum Break blew me away with the last gameplay video I saw of it, I think it could be something really quite great.

Yeah, I'm all aboard the QB train. I loved Alan Wake, and QB just looks really great.

Yeah, a really great QL. Everything involving Ron was hilarious.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I just watched the Tetris video, that was great. Particularly because I didn't realize that King Tuff introduced Tetris Battle Gaiden to Brad and Patrick.

It was also reassuring to find out Ninja Kid isn't as broken as he seems, he's just the one who can most obviously screw over your opponent without knowing what everything does.

Xater

The playthrough on youtube is 5 hours and 20 minutes long, of which about 2 hours are cutscenes.

Wouldn't surprise me by what I have played and given that all the "gameplay" videos are mostly cut-scenes, transitional scenes or QTEs.

From the The Order impressions thread:

Every notion of what some of you may consider to be proper game design has to be suspended. The game will hold your hand. It will walk you through areas. It will funnel you. It will bombard you with simple context sensitive button prompts and loads of sharply directed and acted cutscenes.

So my impression was right. I am staying away from this as far as possible. Bloodborne can't come soon enough. Well I guess Helldivers will hold me over and maybe Revelations 2. Oh god please let Revelations 2 not suck...

Pizza should never be dipped on anything. You order it with the toppings, crust, and cheese you want and you eat it the exact way it came off the oven.

I'm watching this Tetris video and this Paul guy is killing it. I never seen Brad have this childlike joy outside of Destiny and Dota talk.

Also, I never knew Brad and Patrick were tight back when they were punk-ass kids.

Myggen

I'm watching this Tetris video and this Paul guy is killing it. I never seen Brad have this childlike joy outside of Destiny and Dota talk.

Also, I never knew Brad and Patrick were tight back when they were punk-ass kids.

I'm not sure how tight they were, but Brad has talked about them being in the same game industry IRC group back then a few times before. But yeah, I didn't realize that it went back to when Patrick was only 13 years old.

edit: From Brad's Tumblr:

davidmerrick05 asked: Watching the Battle Gaiden Bombastica right now. Have you really known Patrick since the mid-late 90s?

Answer: Yep. He was chaperoned by his dad and he had a squeaky voice, but there he was, reporting on E3. The kid had moxie.

I forgot to mention the huge crush Paul’s Russian sister had on Patrick at the time…

edit2: Also from Brad's Tumblr:

kratier asked: thats so cute, all the game journalist pros members are trying to witchhunt peter - its almost like something was just recently on national tv about gamergate and you need to draw attention from yourselves and that narrative you painted for everyone

Answer: Holy shit.

lol

That supreme quick look reminded me why I love giant bomb. Man the content suffers for lack of vinny.
Giant Beast gets all of the easy Quick Looks. You know, obscure and oft-seen games that Giant Bwest never has time for... because they're covering Youtuber-calibre adventure-horror games and AAAA-faire in some misguided attempt at eclipsing pootiepie.

Vinny set off at a good time.
/s... OR IS IT?!

Bacon

Giant Beast gets all of the easy Quick Looks. You know, obscure and oft-seen games that Giant Bwest never has time for... because they're covering Youtuber-calibre adventure-horror games and AAAA-faire in some misguided attempt at eclipsing pootiepie.

Vinny set off at a good time.
/s... OR IS IT?!

No

I wonder when that Doter thing is going to be on the sight. I like Crispy and the gang plus Brad in EXCITED mode.

I just watched the Tetris video, that was great. Particularly because I didn't realize that King Tuff introduced Tetris Battle Gaiden to Brad and Patrick.

It was also reassuring to find out Ninja Kid isn't as broken as he seems, he's just the one who can most obviously screw over your opponent without knowing what everything does.

Yeah, the sheer level of bullshit in that game is broader than anyone could realize.

Living in NC I know many people who cover their pizza in ranch

EVERYTHING those people eat is for the Ranch. Yick.

At least when I went up to bat for Evolve the game had had a couple of betas and was out at retail for a few days. You guys can't be serious ripping/defending something that isn't even out yet. That's some gamefaqs levels of terribad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom