• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least when I went up to bat for Evolve the game had had a couple of betas and was out at retail for a few days. You guys can't be serious ripping/defending something that isn't even out yet. That's some gamefaqs levels of terribad.

Yeah but the whole game is up on youtube. Theres no extra movies or any reason to replay it aside from trophies, yo.

Bacon

Guys chicken bacon ranch pizza is pretty good if you're in the right mood. It's not really traditional "pizza" but its pretty good as long as you know that going in.

also I'm drunk disregard my opinion.

Dany

Banned
Guys chicken bacon ranch pizza is pretty good if you're in the right mood. It's not really traditional "pizza" but its pretty good as long as you know that going in.

You are also Bacon so no. I won't.

Bacon

you guys exposed my edit

chicken/bacon/ranch anything is good, so I'll allow it

fmoOSOR.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
Supreme looks terrible for $15.

Monster Hunter 4 still looks way too boring. 30 minute regular boss fights aren't appealing to me.

Nope this is the exact truth. It's not totally pizza but it is delicious

Volotaire

Dan tweeting about the purchasing the Jackbox Party Pack. I did this yesterday on sale and played for a few hours with some friends. Great fun. I enjoyed Drawful more than Fibbage, and You Don't Know Jack is great fun too. The other two are junk. But I love writing commentary on word spud and how it appears on the bottom of the screen. It makes for some stupid moments. It's still absolutely fantastic how accessible it is. I was tempted to see if it would work on the Wi U internet browser and play on the Wii U Gamepad.

PBalfredo

I just watched the Lisa quick look and immediately bought the game. This is a game that's clearly influenced by the Mother series. It's there in the art style, but more importantly the way it seems to know how to balance the "whimsy-dark" makes me think that maybe this game "gets it".

danm999

I was disappointed that we didn't get to see more of Vinny interacting with the mob and corrupt politicians in that Supreme QL.

And putting a ton of ranch on pizza is the most horrendous culinary crime I've heard of since this guy I knew who used to have his cereal with hot water and tomato sauce.

Myggen

And putting a ton of ranch on pizza is the most horrendous culinary crime I've heard of since this guy I knew who used to have his cereal with hot water and tomato sauce.

whaaa.gif

Here's a link to the original Ryckert/Punch Out gif =D
http://fobwashed.tumblr.com/post/111125441631/looking-forward-to-watching-dan-ryckert-repeatedly

Or (if I'm doing this right) just the image =D

Sweet!

Your image doesn't show up on GAF for me, so let me try:

tumblr_nju8j9H6fO1rsbbt3o1_1280.gif

I was disappointed that we didn't get to see more of Vinny interacting with the mob and corrupt politicians in that Supreme QL.

Yeah, that dude was probably schizophrenic.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I once made the shocking discovery that there are a large number of "people" who mix cocoa powder with hot water instead of milk and call it hot chocolate. I threw up immediately.

Also, somewhat OT: I'm so looking forward to Drew loosing his mind in Darkness Assault. This game seems...special. It'll make them regret shitting on Loch Ness Island.

Myggen

Thanks! I'm old and don't know how anything works anymore >,<

You're probably younger than me! ;)

You tried to link to this page instead of linking the gif directly.

I once made the shocking discovery that there are a large number of "people" who mix cocoa powder with hot water instead of milk and call it hot chocolate. I threw up immediately.

Also, somewhat OT: I'm so looking forward to Drew loosing his mind in Darkness Assault. This game seems...special. It'll make them regret shitting on Loch Ness Island.

Steam review:

A top down action/adventure game obviously inspired by Silent Hill. Unfortunately it has a ton of issues:

The translation is pretty bad. The developers are Russian and there's a ton of spoken and written Engrish. The main character repeats the same lines over and over whenever you pick up an item. They should've kept the original Russian voices and gotten someone else to translate the text.

The level design is awful, the first three levels are nothing but mazes with almost identical rooms. There's a radar on the screen but it only shows you and enemies as dots and nothing more. There should've been a map system that slowly uncovers the level as you move through it since they involve searching for items and, as it stands, you'll spend a lot of time running in circles searching for the last Document you need because everything looks the same.

The game tells you to conserve ammo, yet the levels are so narrow that if you try to run past enemies you will get hurt. The only way through is to shoot them.

Unless this changes later on in the game the only enemy types are identical zombies that attack you once they get close.

Unlike most cheap Steam games these days playing it shows that the developers tried to make a good game, but it's way too flawed for me to recommend it.

Another quality product. I liked the "Unlike most cheap Steam games these days playing it shows that the developers tried to make a good game" quote.

sixghost

Supreme looks terrible for $15.

Monster Hunter 4 still looks way too boring. 30 minute regular boss fights aren't appealing to me.

I never got very far past the first two areas in Monster Hunter Tri so I'm not exactly an expert, but do the monsters ever have more tells to show they are hurt than the super obvious limping animation? The most frustrating part of that game is having no idea how much HP the big monsters have. I never had any idea how much damage I was doing, so I didn't know where the attack them. I just kind of hit them for 15 or so minutes and all of a sudden they'd die.

Dan got me wanting to get Jackbox Party to play with some friends every once in a while. I just can't decide to get it on PS4 or Steam. I'd rather have it on Steam, but it's $8.74 more than on PSN... I rarely use my PS4 too. Anyone want to steer me in one direction or the other? Do you think the Steam version will get a better deal anytime soon?

danm999

Drew and Dan seem to be in some sort of horrible race to the bottom with Vinny and Alex to see who can find the biggest pile of shit of 2015. I'm excited to see who breaks first.

Myggen

Oh please no, I don't think the world needs more people playing crappy horror games.

I don't really watch any Youtubers, so didn't know it was a trend. Those videos are entertaining to me, so that's enough to make me want more of them! But yeah, MGScanlon 3 ASAP, I need it. This thread is going to explode when the first episode is put on the schedule.

There is already this indie guy that does that kind of stuff on his youtube channel. I think his name is Podick Klupok.

Podrick Klopper? Last I heard he was running through this 10 year old game or something and wearing hats.

Ive given up hope on MGScanlon. The dream is dead.

Oh please no, I don't think the world needs more people playing crappy horror games.

I don't really watch any Youtubers, so didn't know it was a trend. Those videos are entertaining to me, so that's enough to make me want more of them! But yeah, MGScanlon 3 ASAP, I need it. This thread is going to explode when the first episode is put on the schedule.

I'm using reverse psychology. I'm pretty sure Dan doesn't know how to work out spoiler tags, so he can't read this, but the second he sees my post saying I don't hope for MGScanlon 3 he'll rush it to production.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

I also don't really watch any Youtubers but the amount of horrible looking "scary" Steam games really only leads to the conclusion that Dan is 100% right about what he said in the Lex Something QL.
Make a bad game, hope somebody popular screams a lot while playing it and further hope that people are going to buy the game because of that. Or because they also want to make videos where they scream a lot, I dunno.

Myggen

I also don't really watch any Youtubers but the amount of horrible looking "scary" Steam games really only leads to the conclusion that Dan is 100% right about what he said in the Lex Something QL.
Make a bad game, hope somebody popular screams a lot while playing it and further hope that people are going to buy the game because of that. Or because they also want to make videos where they scream a lot, I dunno.

Yup, I think Jim Sterling coined the term "Youtuber fodder" for those kind of games.

Zaph

I like the gap in MGS games - makes each play-through its own unique thing rather than blurring into one long series.

if the destruction is as fucking dope as the tech demos make it look, I think it'll be fine

oh, and if the soundtrack is more like the first game's and less like the laughable remixes of the second game

Holy. I didn't even know there was going to be destruction physics! I just watched the tech demo and yes please. Red Faction Guerrilla is an amazing game because of the destruction system, having an even crazier game like Crackdown implement it would be heavenly.

Jintor

God I love Red Faction Guerilla's destruction physics

that game is fucking great if you just want to feel powerful. Ploughing through buildings in a giant mech. Smashing through a shantytown as you outrun the corpocops. Fuck. If only the gunplay wasn't rubbish and the story was worth a damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom