• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that won't happen.

What a wasted opportunity.

post-30744-not-like-this-not-like-this-gi-DBvb.gif

Jintor

Due to the nature of text I can't tell who is being sarcastic, but they were totally joking when they said that on Demo Derby.

we may be in the giant bomb thread but i am stuck permanently watching endurance run videos instead of new content

Dan and Drew have actually completed Metal Gear Scanlon 3 and they're holding it in a vault until they can maximize profit for it, along with the Yakuza 4 Endurance Run and a completed The Winds of Winter manuscript.

DAT Demo Derby! LOL

best one by far complete with Jeff's jokes, Drew breaking down and Dan appreciating the stupid video of another fellow "maker". That Jeff continuous clapping and Drew's meltdown after seeing the auditions and beyond were great and i laughed so hard that i started crying.

On one hand i feel bad for the guy since the vid has been unintentionally dug up again but damn was that a gem worth to be uncovered. Hopefully he takes it in stride

Never understood the Rorie hate. He seems like a genuine guy and his laugh can potentially cure cancer.

Indeed.

And if its the "does he play games?" then they are dead wrong too. Wish he was in more content tbh.

How rough was Giant Bomb pre Dan Ryckert?

It wasn't so much rough as they just lacked manpower. Ryan passed away and Vinny and Patrick moved away. Jeff most likely had to take on Ryan's responsibilities with planning. It was pretty much just a skeleton crew at that point and having so few people in every location hamstrung how much content they could put out. Dan and Jason being hired alleviated that issue and then some since Dan has a ton of ideas, and Drew was no longer stuck in the control room. Patrick leaving also means another person at GBeast which will allow them to put out even more content.

Xater

It wasn't so much rough as they just lacked manpower. Ryan passed away and Vinny and Patrick moved away. It was pretty much just a skeleton crew at that point and having so few people in every location hamstrung how much content they could put out. Dan and Jason being hired alleviated that issue and then some since Dan has a ton of ideas, and Drew was no longer stuck in the control room. Patrick leaving also means another person at GBeast which will allow them to put out even more content.

I am very excited for the GB East expansion. Can't wait to get more content from those guys.

Lelcar

I am very excited for the GB East expansion. Can't wait to get more content from those guys.

I really want that Vinny/Alex podcast to happen. Any day now. I don't even care if it's the typical whatcha-playin-news-emails format, I just want their perspective.

Zaph

Okay, Demo Derby was incredible.

I remember thoroughly enjoying both Psi-ops (barring the bullshit ending) and Second Sight - they had a real Volcano/Dante's Peak thing going on around release.

They exercised some serious self-restraint during the last segment, but the show-stopper was the entire lead QA 'interview'. Someone actually thought "yes, lets zoom in on her feet, that's not creepy".

Dan's kansas upbringing shone its brightest when he couldn't see the obvious stereotype that one could pull from the gentleman with the very large earring on his one ear. I sensed Jeff's hesitation at breaking down what type of look that was, haha.

daydream

Banned
The Demo Derby was a real eye-opener in a lot of ways. I used to be part of the plebs who thought the '90s ended when the millennium did. Boy, was I wrong.

Dan's kansas upbringing shone its brightest when he couldn't see the obvious stereotype that one could pull from the gentleman with the very large earring on his one ear. I sensed Jeff's hesitation at breaking down what type of look that was, haha.

...enlighten me, my new jersey upbringing is shining through.

Patryn

There's a sick part of me that almost wishes Metal Gear Scanlon doesn't show up until Summer just so I can watch this thread descend into madness.

...enlighten me, my new jersey upbringing is shining through.

i've have lived in miami for the entirety of my life and have seen many a gentleman during my time with a similar look, especially during the 90s. It's a pretty obvious stereotype and it's totally understandable why Jeff has seen people with that style given where he grew up. I just think it's funny that Dan didn't have a clue at all, hah.

i've have lived in miami for the entirety of my life and have seen many a gentleman during my time with a similar look, especially during the 90s. It's a pretty obvious stereotype and it's totally understandable why Jeff has seen people with that style given where he grew up. I just think it's funny that Dan didn't have a clue at all, hah.

I thought you were implying it was some sort of black spade tattoo situation.

Dizzy-4U

Is there a collection of best TNT moments somewhere? Or if there is not, which TNTs were the best ones? I'm in the mood to rewatch some of those, I remember the Quake one being pretty funny.

I had a terrible nightmare.

Jeff and the crew were getting ready to do some premium feature, and they were in the cubicle area trying to plan things out. Dan's not there. Drew asks Jeff: "Is Dan coming?"

Jeff sighs and says "No." Drew asks what happened, Jeff angrily mumbles things about Dan, implying that he did some stupid shit, there was a falling out, and he wasn't showing up. Then Dan DOES show up, with a pizza and tries to apologize to everyone, but Jeff tells him to pack his shit and leave. He's done.

It was the WORST.

tchocky

I had no idea Dan was in a movie. He appeared in Bulletface (2010) as Alejandro Pineda.

Dan talks about it in an interview on GI.

Asylumrunner: So Dan, the reason I called you for this interview was that I was watching my favorite action movie, Bulletface...

Dan Ryckert: Oh no (laughs).

Asylumrunner: Anyway, I was watching Bulletface, when I noticed one of the minor characters looked a lot like you. Any explainations?

DR: Yeah, well, you see, I needed some startup money to kick off the alpha build of Air Force Gator, so I took a vacation from my job and went down to Hollywood. I got a bit part in Bulletface as a character called Alejandro Pineda, an illegal immigrant with good intentions that got into the drug trade to feed his family back home. Sadly, most of my parts got cut out. Around 43 minutes into the movie, you can see me.

hamchan

Unlike most games GBeast look at, Sunless Sea is actually a great game! It might show off badly though since it's so text heavy.

Finally getting around to finishing last week's podcast. I feel like Dan's defense of Majora's Mask has pushed Jeff (and maybe Brad too) to extremes in his hatred. I understand the game rubs some people the wrong way, but I think he's being deliberately obtuse about it.

Jams775

I had no idea Dan was in a movie. He appeared in Bulletface (2010) as Alejandro Pineda.

Dan talks about it in an interview on GI.

Are you really surprised at this point? At first I was then I instantly went, "Yup Paul Rykert was right". At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we found out at some point Dan was secretly used by the government to greet aliens to our planet. Or he had a secret giant mech hidden in the waters near San Francisco ready to be called if an invasion happens.

Is there a collection of best TNT moments somewhere? Or if there is not, which TNTs were the best ones? I'm in the mood to rewatch some of those, I remember the Quake one being pretty funny.

Dead Island

Xcom

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Fortune Street

3DO TNT AKA THE BEST ONE EVER

Starcraft 2

Lelcar

DR: Yeah, well, you see, I needed some startup money to kick off the alpha build of Air Force Gator, so I took a vacation from my job and went down to Hollywood. I got a bit part in Bulletface as a character called Alejandro Pineda, an illegal immigrant with good intentions that got into the drug trade to feed his family back home. Sadly, most of my parts got cut out. Around 43 minutes into the movie, you can see me.

I just started watching this movie from the 40 minute mark and now I'm at minute 51 and I haven't seen Dan Ryckert yet. I'm not sure how much more I can watch for a print screen.

Also, within that time frame there is a full frontal threeway lesbian scene.

Zaph

I just started watching this movie from the 40 minute mark and now I'm at minute 51 and I haven't seen Dan Ryckert yet. I'm not sure how much more I can watch for a print screen.

Also, within that time frame there is a full frontal threeway lesbian scene.

Scrubbing through it now, and yup, lots of faux vampire shit and lesbian threeways, but no Dan.

This is one skeezy movie. Sponsored by gamergirlslive.com? wtf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom