• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asura's Wrath taught me that even QTE games can be incredible, so I'll give The Order the benefit of the doubt for now. If it turns out good, I might pick it up alongside the ps4 I'm getting for Bloodborne.

danm999

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500414

Why is there so much salt for one Zelda review???

Since OoT there were insane expectations attached to any 3D Zelda, especially on generation jumps. There was a subset of extremely volatile, extremely loud and extremely immature Zelda fans around, the same who trashed the Wind Waker aesthetic.

Add to that many people were excited Zelda was returning to a darker aesthetic, which to many people signified a return to OoT greatness and perfection.

Add to that the N64 and GameCube eras where dark times for Nintendo fans and their highly rated exclusives were a source of immense pride. Fanboys basically needed their talking points, and since Nintendo systems at the time sold terribly and had sparser third party offerings than say, the PS2, the immaculate nature of franchises like Mario and Zelda were held up as the triumph of these systems. That would change in the Wii era in terms of sales when the console became a phenomenon but now the system lived or died by its first party AAA games.

Add to that the expectations of a launch title on a new system that was clearly trying something new lots of people loved.

Add to that the review culture at the time generally being anything less than 9.0 signifying a "bad" game, even though Jeff actually rating it great instead of superb. That attitude has not totally gone away today, but I don't feel it's as severe.

So when Jeff gives that score, one which honestly appears totally accurate, he touched on a whole bunch of nerves that had nothing to do with the game's quality (how could it; most people hadn't played it yet).

totowhoa

Banned
Haha my fiance has stated on multiple occasions that she'd totally bone down with Brad and/or Jeff. She likes slightly chubby guys + loves both their voices.

Unfortunately I'm fairly fit, so I could probably never truly please her the way the Giant Bomb crew could.

Myggen

my pants are off anyway

MXhdvFj.gif

Well Nintendo are saying Zelda WiiU is coming out this year and if that game ain't perfect the thread will be a bloodbath.

What will actually happen: the game is a bloated, aimless disaster with shitty dungeons and is praised as a return to form by jaded critics who hate Zelda and misguided fans who unconditional love everything Nintendo makes. I bite my tongue off and descend into madness.

Myggen

What will actually happen: the game is a bloated, aimless disaster with shitty dungeons and is praised as a return to form by jaded critics who hate Zelda and misguided fans who unconditional love everything Nintendo makes. I bite my tongue off and descend into madness.

A Link Between Worlds is a great game.

A GREAT GAME!

Haha my fiance has stated on multiple occasions that she'd totally bone down with Brad and/or Jeff. She likes slightly chubby guys + loves both their voices.

Unfortunately I'm fairly fit, so I could probably never truly please her the way the Giant Bomb crew could.

I don't know.

tumblr_n7pen7OU0x1rvo0tro1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom