• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearPawB

Banned
Potato Marshal is amazing. I love trying to figure him out. Who is this guy who has nothing better to do than to schedule his entire life around Brad's (and now apparently Patrick) streaming schedule, meticulously keep his character's level perfectly synced, and tirelessly invade time after time? Dedicating hours of your waking life to those goals is so pathetic that it becomes almost sublime.

How strict are Demon Souls level requirements for PVP?

LiK

Potato Marshal is amazing. I love trying to figure him out. Who is this guy who has nothing better to do than to schedule his entire life around Brad's (and now apparently Patrick) streaming schedule, meticulously keep his character's level perfectly synced, and tirelessly invade time after time? Dedicating hours of your waking life to those goals is so pathetic that it becomes almost sublime.

I forget his GB username but I was in the chat when he was trolling Brad and Vinny. Some people wanted him banned in chat for continually messing with the LP. Not gonna lie, it bummed Vinny out and the GB community didn't like it either, lol

Altho it was great when Brad finally stomped him.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
How strict are Demon Souls level requirements for PVP?

https://mpql.net/tools/demons-souls/

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/online-matchmaking
Blue Eye Stone & Red Eye Stone

These items use the standard co-op range. Players can be paired with others who are relatively near their level, using what is commonly referred to as the "10 + 10%" calculation.

x +/- (10 + 0.1x)

Level 50 can summon: 35 - 65
Level 100 can summon: 80 - 120

Potato Marshall uses the Scraping Spear, which is an utterly bullshit PVP weapon whose sole purpose is to fuck with people.

Scizzy

https://mpql.net/tools/demons-souls/

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/online-matchmaking

Potato Marshall uses the Scraping Spear, which is an utterly bullshit PVP weapon whose sole purpose is to fuck with people.

I think invading someone is a different, though similar calculation. And yeah, that early episode where he broke all of Brad's gear was bullshit and so was the time he tried to trick Brad into attacking a vendor. When Brad started summoning Bros to help him, though, it was pretty cool. Anything to see Brad laugh with glee.

The Scraping Spear is such an unfun weapon. But then again that's what makes using it so much goddamn fun.

I remember when I played DeS back in the day I ran a strength/miracle build. Using the Miracle spell that caused a HUGE explosion behind walls was so fucked up but so hilarious. In that build I also used a giant 2h axe, forgot which one. Good stuff.

I hadn't heard of YikYak before the podcast, so I had a look to see what the south side of Glasgow was saying...

0BQ0lPV.png

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

I think it's just his frustration at the overreaction, if anything. It's just what happens with a pastime with so many rabid followers.

I'm a bit bummed at the reviews, but it's not the end of the world. If Sony had allowed pre-orders with that 10% discount code, I might have been tempted to go for it along with Bloodborne. Thanks for saving me money, Sony!

Patryn

What point is he trying to make here? Some games are good and some are bad? Is this really something that makes his head hurt?

I suspect he's being sarcastic about everyone talking about The Order being a bad game. I'm not quite sure what's he's trying to be sarcastic about, and I don't know if he's making fun of the fans or the press, but I think he's trying to say that bad games happen, and devs don't set out to make bad games?

What point is he trying to make here? Some games are good and some are bad? Is this really something that makes his head hurt?

Isn't it really weird though? Like one game's this amazing revolutionary experience and another one isn't. What's up with that.

Seriously, I was thinking that exact same thing yesterday. Like, how are some games really good and some game really bad. It's so weird. Like, take The Order and then compare it to like, another bad game. That's two bad games right there.

But then there's good games too sometimes.

Fascinating.

Alex's brand of snark doesn't come across very well on twitter, for me.

or for a lot of people, apparently.

on the other hand, I feel the same way he does. how people are completely losing their shit over the possibility that a video game might not be very good is kind of painful. some things are good, others aren't. crazy notion, right?

LiK

What's considered "good" and "bad" is purely subjective so I hope Alex was just being snarky. No one tries to make a bad game. They sometimes just end up being that way.

Patryn

Frankly, I feel like the tweets come off with a "too cool for the room" vibe that I occasionally get from Alex. It's kind of off-putting.

Are you guy actually confused whether or not Alex's tweets were "serious", or am I missing some meta-level of snark inception?

I'm just confused as to who he's directing his snark.

What's considered "good" and "bad" is purely subjective so I hope Alex was just being snarky. No one tries to make a bad game. They sometimes just end up being that way.

I think they were pretty laser focused on making The Order the way it ended up coming out at the end of it all. So maybe they did want to make a bad game that looks fantastic?

Maybe it's actually some sort of commentary on the state of the video games industry. An experiment, you might say.

Next year they'll release a different version of the game that plays great but looks like complete shit.

No one tries to make a bad game. They sometimes just end up being that way.

There have been stories from developers about projects aiming for a low Metacritic score from the onset (talking below 50 here). Basically everyone knows they're making shovelware but the publisher figures it'll sell well enough to cover the minimal development costs.

Patryn

There have been stories from developers about projects aiming for a low Metacritic score from the onset (talking below 50 here). Basically everyone knows they're making shovelware but the publisher figures it'll sell well enough to cover the minimal development costs.

I don't think even those guys are AIMING (i.e. actually going out of their way to make a bad game) so much as they're EXPECTING because they know they don't have the time/resources/ability to make something good.

not gonna lie, that Order quick look actually made me pretty interested in it. Then again, at the right price i'll play just about any game that isn't complete garbage. I paid $2 for that Ghostbusters game that came out a few years ago and i had a decent time with it. This seems like the type of game that, given the right price and that expectations are in check, could actually be a good game for a couple of sittings.

Then again, i finished watch dogs so maybe my tolerance for meh games is a lot higher than most.

fuzzyset

not gonna lie, that Order quick look actually made me pretty interested in it. Then again, at the right price i'll play just about any game that isn't complete garbage. I paid $2 for that Ghostbusters game that came out a few years ago and i had a decent time with it. This seems like the type of game that, given the right price and that expectations are in check, could actually be a good game for a couple of sittings.

Then again, i finished watch dogs so maybe my tolerance for meh games is a lot lower than most.

If I had a PS4, I would totally pay the 3$ to rent it from Redbox for the night.

I don't think even those guys are AIMING (i.e. actually going out of their way to make a bad game) so much as they're EXPECTING because they know they don't have the time/resources/ability to make something good.

I can see a project like that being very bad for the developers' motivation, making them at least knowingly not improve something that they otherwise would.

And then there's Meme Run. I refuse to believe that was made to be a good game. I refuse. Lalalala I can't hear you lalala
Vinny pls
European ships > American ships

Megasoum

Banned

Then again, i finished watch dogs so maybe my tolerance for meh games is a lot higher than most.

The third person Ghostbuster game or that XBLA crap? The TPS was actually not bad at all, I quite liked it.

Haunted

Excellent QL for an excellent game. Vinny did a fairly good job of explaining the mechanics for how early he is in the game.

Patrick stream has me thinking.....

Should I jump back into Dark Souls and finally finish it or finally play Demons and dust off the PS3?
Are you saying you'll only play one? Because in that case I'd recommend Dark Souls over Demon's.

If you plan on playing both, play Demon's first so it isn't too disappointing after Dark.

SummitAve

Banned

Quality games worth playing are being released constantly. I just don't see the point spending time with meh games just because they're cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom