• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon

I downloaded Yik Yak on my campus and all I got was people complaining about Tinder and the weather. I was promised drunkards and coke-hounds :(

Wait for the weekend

There should be space in the video game business to make products which are targeted to excel in the visual presentation so they can be judged on those merits alone. Why should such visual masterpieces be tied down by expectation of people who do not understand the true goals of the product. I read many fans wanting to pick this game up based on how it looks so is there no rating system that protects the desires of said fans to be able to take pride in their purchases and know they're receiving a top-rated visual experience without it being dirtied by the expectation of people who don't appreciate the goes of presentation the product has set for itself? I don't know man... I just feel for people who are getting bummed out by these reviews and treated like what they want from the product is a mediocre gaming experience when what they want is in fact an excellent visual experience. If a game says its a platformer then we shouldn't attack it for not being a RTS and in the same right, if a game says its visually stunning then we shouldn't attack it for gameplay. People are even recommending not to purchase this game hence victimizing people who pre-ordered it. Its rather insensitive to come out and tell people not to buy something they've put money towards... AFTER THE FACT. No one likes to be judged for their purchasing decisions so this judgmental atmosphere at the very least seems rather anti-consumer. Aren't media supposed to be on the consumer's side? Finally on the idea that the product is too short... a good product should leave you wanting more. Like when people say you've overeaten when you feel bloated and you should stop eating when you feel you are about to get full.. in essence, you should be wanting more before you stop eating; this is the proper way. Overeating will make you obese and there's nothing good about that so why are we trying to promote over-gaming like its something healthy. The Order should be commended for not piling on the fat with unnecessary content, variety, game length and extra modes and collectable. It cares about the consumer's gaming health. Judged based on its visual fidelity and respect for consumer health, I'd give the order a 9.7 out of 10 but Metacritic won't carry my review on the "reviewer" section so I'll leave it here and I ask journalist to be kinder with their review. We need more products like the order. Dare I say it... I'd like to The Order another one of these!

I can't get enough

komplanen

Man this Kirby game looks gorgeus but I can't believe ever buying a game that you play 100% looking at the gamepad. I kinda wish Nintendo does a more traditional game with these aesthetics.

Also can you even kiss anyone in Canvas Curse? Fuck it if you can't!

Man this Kirby game looks gorgeus but I can't believe ever buying a game that you play 100% looking at the gamepad. I kinda wish Nintendo does a more traditional game with these aesthetics.

You could force a child to play the game while you watch.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

I was watching the Quick Look yesterday and thought it would be real nice to have a Kirby-ass-Kirby game where you run around and suck up enemies and use their powers, but looked as great as this one.

Then about thirty seconds later Dan mentioned that you never inhale a single enemy in this game.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So, just out of curiosity who are the guys you are fighting in The Order? They never explained that in the QL. Are they also "Half-breeds"?

Brashnir

First Nintendo forces people to buy screwdrivers for new 3DS and now I have to procure little kids to enjoy Kirby. One day they will go too far with these requirements.

Those hidden costs are starting to get ridiculous.

I mean, making the actual kid is free, but keeping it alive long enough that it will be able to play the game for you is gonna be expensive. Like way worse than launch PS3 + Neo Geo + 3D0 expensive.

hamchan

I forget his GB username but I was in the chat when he was trolling Brad and Vinny. Some people wanted him banned in chat for continually messing with the LP. Not gonna lie, it bummed Vinny out and the GB community didn't like it either, lol

Altho it was great when Brad finally stomped him.

When you hurt Mr Vinny it's like kicking a happy puppy. With Brad and Patrick though it's hilarious.

we don't condone child abuse in this thread. I sent a PM to a mod and shot an email to the local authorities, you've been warned

My parents forced me to play Kirby and I turned out all right. If kids these days had more rigidly enforced amusement periods, then the country wouldn't be in such poor shape.

Those hidden costs are starting to get ridiculous.

I mean, making the actual kid is free, but keeping it alive long enough that it will be able to play the game for you is gonna be expensive. Like way worse than launch PS3 + Neo Geo + 3D0 expensive.

Just take a free range one from a local park and release it when you don't need it anymore. All of the benefit, none of the burden.

Dizzy-4U

Remember back when sony would only let sites do like 3 minute clips of killzone 2? Man, those were the days.
Indeed.

blatblatblat6fuz8.gif

tchocky

It's kinda funny watching him scamper about trying to set up homes for his stuff. Can't believe Kotaku has zero support for anything other than text and small clips.

Kotaku has done live streams and podcasts before so he could do most of this stuff on Kotaku if he wanted to but like his Lost rewatch podcast he wants to own the rights to his work and not lose everything when he switches jobs. He talked about it on Mondays q and a.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kotaku has done live streams and podcasts before so he could do most of this stuff on Kotaku if he wanted to but like his Lost rewatch podcast he wants to own the rights to his work and not lose everything when he switches jobs. He talked about it on Mondays q and a.
Is he still working from home? How does he decide what is considered "work" and what is considered his own?

Zaph

That's interesting, Gawker must have really loose ownership policies. I can understand non-endemic content like the Lost podcast remaining his, but stuff like dev interviews? Surely that's being done on Kotaku's dime?

tchocky

Is he still working from home? How does he decide what is considered "work" and what is considered his own?

Kotaku hired him to write news and features so they get all of the text based work and he gets to own all his video work which he seems to be doing after work hours and weekends.

Tucah

you speak so well
Time to catch up with 2 weeks of quicklooks!

I just got a Vita and I've been so obsessed with various games on it that I have a couple weeks backlog of QLs, with a few exceptions. Gonna try to dive into it tonight, feels good to have a big list of GB content to go through.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
what should i update the op with

some more love, but not just regular love, something higher maybe?

Bring me a higher love
Bring me a higher love, woh oh

I mean bring the op a higher love

I'm really being sold on this game, Hand of Fate. I'm surprised there's no talk over it, it looks really well done. Loving the presentation from the QL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom