• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids react to giantbomb video

5RcAIcO.jpg

Bloodborne might score lower than the other Souls games simply because of the dire exclusives situation. It might get reviewed by people just based on "This is the next PS4 exclusive" instead of "I'm interested in this type of game".
It's a pretty unique type of game that you either get and are into or likely go "This is absolute Trash!!"

This is just preemptive damage control for me when I'm going to call for Sony to sue people in the Bloodborne Review Thread.

Xater

Couldn't fall asleep and had a night filled with nightmares. I think I'm going to blame the Order review thread. Thanks for ruining my night of sleep!

Anyway, who else is as excited as I am for Unplugged?

The Order review thread shook me so much that I didn't go to work and had to sleep all day
I actually had a migraine and fever

And I'm excited for Unplugged but I'm worried it's just going to become a mess of people having no idea what they're doing.

someone in the order review thread called kirk hamilton an "abysmal reviewer," a "petty ignorant child," and a "douche"

my first thought was "I wonder if Kirk liked the Order or not"

but seriously, ever notice how all of the "bad" critics are the ones that give games low scores

someone in the order review thread called kirk hamilton an "abysmal reviewer," a "petty ignorant child," and a "douche"

but seriously, ever notice how all of the "bad" critics are the ones that give games low scores
Plenty of people were calling out gamepur.

Are there any weird system failures that the crew haven't checked out yet? Asking because I recently watched the Halycron UPF which was really interesting.

Myggen

People in the thread were hung up on this:

B-Ouey8IMAAhuTA.png

So it wasn't "just" the review. Still, that post was laughable.

edit: I see that Hamilton wasn't even involved in the "shitposting" in that conversation, so maybe it just was the review then...

edit2: Speaking of review threads on GAF, this is always relevant.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
One thing that puzzles me is how did so many people get so invested in the order anyway?

Seems like the opposite of the kind of game most of GAF would be invested in.

I feel the need to reiterate, yet again: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 is a 10/10 video game. Bringing it up is counterproductive when you're trying to say Jeff's opinions are bad.

Xater

I feel the need to reiterate, yet again: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 is a 10/10 video game. Bringing it up is counterproductive when you're trying to say Jeff's opinions are bad.

True and now I want to play it again...

It's the same phenomenn as with Deus Ex or Burnout Paradise.

jediyoshi

One thing that puzzles me is how did so many people get so invested in the order anyway?

Big, console exclusive graphical show pieces of a third person shooter? What are these games GAF gets invested in?

Console fanboys plus lackluster exclusives results in a lot of expectations being pinned on the next exclusive.

True and now I want to play it again...

It's the same phenomenn as with Deus Ex or Burnout Paradise.

You know, I don't think I've ever heard the crew's opinions Deus Ex. I'd be interested to hear that, considering it's my favourite game ever. Maybe they talked this stuff around Human Revolution's release?

edit: There seems to be a QL Throwback for Deus Ex. I'll check that out at some point.

So hands of fate is basically kinda like D&D?

Looks really neat.

It's pretty damn awesome. And it seems who you fight is randomized as well. Vinny fought the Jack of Skulls I think, for the first tier in the games chest/card collection, I ended up fight Queen of Dust which turned out to be a bit more difficult. Alot more difficult.

Definitely an interesting game I'm going to have to sink my teeth into.

demidar

Maybe they've been misquoted -- maybe what they wanted to deliver was a true cinematographic experience? You know, several takes and all that.

They're providing replay value. You get to replay parts that you fail. I don't understand why so many reviews say there's no replay value.

/s

repeater

The news that the Mario Party franchise has sold over 39.6 million copies worldwide made me check the entry for the series in the GB wiki. It has this to say about MP4:
The first Mario Party game to be released for the Nintendo GameCube, Mario Party 4 came out on October 21, 2002 (in North America). The game removed duel minigames in multiplayer, but during the single player story all minigames are "duel minigames." It also introduced Bowser minigames, which are usually more difficult and have outrageous requirements for the loser (e.g. forfeiting all of their coins).
Mario Party Party 4 will be the final Giant Bomb update. :(

I don't see why dan is getting hated on for his ipad comment

I would never want to play a touch game like kirby on my console

But

Oh wait I can't because Nintendo don't give a shit about Europe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom