• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volotaire

My favorite thing is people consistently bringing up DriveClub in completely unrelated contexts. "I can get why people reviewed The Order poorly, but why was DriveClub panned?!" it's the gift that keeps on giving. I think these people lie awake at night thinking about DriveClub's metacritic score.

Well things have taken another turn. In the oddest and most diverse directions yet.

uJeZkxm.jpg

People can sue other people for defamation of character i.e spreading lies. If a review company is defaming a good game based on lies that aren't true, I don't see why Sony couldn't sue them.

Sound logic.

Is this where I can come for all the hot commentary on The Order review thread? Because it's been a hell of a ride.

And to echo a statement made by someone else in the thread, Jason is a cool dude. He does need to be on camera more. We need a replacement, replacement, camera man so we can get Jason on camera full time. Then a replacement, replacement, replacement to get his replacement on camera full time too. Because they will likely be cool as well.

that was me, no one else has shown support yet. this thread is full of jason-haters.

Ominym

Banned
Is this where I can come for all the hot commentary on The Order review thread? Because it's been a hell of a ride.

And to echo a statement made by someone else in the thread, Jason is a cool dude. He does need to be on camera more. We need a replacement, replacement, camera man so we can get Jason on camera full time. Then a replacement, replacement, replacement to get his replacement on camera full time too. Because they will likely be cool as well.

Seventy70

I agree. I never understood why they need someone in the control room. The times they have just brought the Tricaster out onto the couch, everything was just fine.

I think some of their live streams have become a bit too overproduced and formal. I was watching an old TNT a day or two ago and everything was just so loose. There were people coming and going. There wasn't really a schedule. I would like more of that.

Haunted

Jason is the secret best Giantbomber.

Giantbomb has a knack for hiring people that are amazing in front of the camera even if they're supposed to be behind it. :D

personally I think it's the funniest thing in the world but different strokes
Invading someone in Souls and destroying his equipment. Flooding a kid's Minecraft server with lava.

Not even once.

Lelcar

that was me, no one else has shown support yet. this thread is full of jason-haters.

Nah, man. I actively want Jason to be permanent and consistent personality at Giant Bomb, especially on Bombcast. Outside of MGS, I think Drew is the weakest personality on staff and I'd like it if they at least swapped Drew out for Jason from time to time.

I am all for Jason. He's passionate of games, he's a natural on camera/mic and he has a lot of charisma. I need Jason's voice and opinions on the regular, man. It would be awesome to have everyone at the forefront at all times, but if a sacrifice had to be made, I'd pick Jason over Drew. idk.

Jintor

I want to hang out with him and play fightin games and drink beers or just hotseat bayonetta angel slayer or something

well to be fair I want to do that for pretty much everyone on the bombcrew, but not those games i guess?

/weekend

Jintor

Yeah, it's starting to be. It should have been an annual event, so we have more time to forget about the last one.

But then again, this is basically like the WWE having a PPV every month. lol

all ultimate parody must eventually become the thing it is parodying

Seventy70

Another one...
What's to feel bad for, they could still end up selling copies, not everyone agrees with 'jeff'
The man has yet to utter a word or opinion I have ever agreed with.

Him giving the game a 2 just cemented the fact I was picking it up.

The quotation marks are killing me.

finally watching the Order QL. you know what's not cinematic? watching the same scene 4 times in a row because you flub a button prompt.

Frith

If Bloodborne gets bad reviews I will be one of those disbelieving crazys.
I really enjoyed ds2 after everyone said it was much worse than 1. They are both 5 star bangers afaik I just can't get too granular with stuff I like.

God I hope they don't fuck it up.

Jintor

i'm just glad i've finally found something again that people are really mad about that doesn't really matter that much really

Seventy70

I would LOVE a Load Our Last Save: Bloodborne from Vinny. Fuck Quick Looks. That's what they should do for the next couple of months.

Aerobatics

Neo Member
Some brave individual needs to make the order review thread best of

People are bringing up ISIS and slavery, like, what mental hoops do you have to jump through to get anywhere near that

i just got back online and saw that Arthur Gies thought of my posts was serious, and another one became reality

i don't know how to feel about this

review thread update: i'm still trying to catch up but I think it's gone full console wars now. I look forward to seeing this evolve further as i catch up.

No game in history can be as gut-bustingly hilarious as that game's review butthurt thread.

Jason is the secret best Giantbomber.

Giantbomb has a knack for hiring people that are amazing in front of the camera even if they're supposed to be behind it. :D

Invading someone in Souls and destroying his equipment. Flooding a kid's Minecraft server with lava.

Not even once.

His recognizing the name was hilarious. "Oh, is this the guy Brad mentioned?" I should fire off an emal about suiciding or summoning in that situation.

I'm missing out on a huge shitstorm, eh? I've been playing my copy of Monster Hunter 4U all week 😊

I don't get why people are so invested in this one particular cinematic shooter. None of the footage of this game leading up to its release made it look particularly amazing.

Haunted

Oh mark my words, if Bloodbourne gets bad reviews Evilore may have to shut Gaf down for a few days to curb riots in the streets.
I wanted to say something about Demon's and Dark Souls getting a mixed critical reception, with grassroots word of mouth eventually carrying them to cult status and very belated critical attention and appreciation.

But looking at Metacritic, apparently that narrative only exists in my head. Every Souls game hovers around an aggregate score of ~90.

Huh.

Oh man. If Bloodborne is a dud that would be hilarious but it would bum me out because I actually want to play it.

Are they hiding anything about that game because it seems like Sony is going full ubisoft and pushing out 3 trailers a week for it and thats not what you normally do with a bad game. (unless you are Ubisoft)

With the way next gen games are falling on their faces I am half expecting Bloodborne to only be 8 hours long or the entire game is in that old city level from the beta or something.

I wanted to say something about Demon's and Dark Souls getting a mixed critical reception, with grassroots word of mouth eventually carrying them to cult status and very belated critical attention and appreciation.

But looking at Metacritic, apparently that narrative only exists in my head. Every Souls game hovers around an aggregate score of ~90.

Huh.

I do remember that Demon's Souls was actually not that well received in Japan at first; the Famitsu review was pretty shit for Famitsu, with three reviewers giving it 7/7/6 and one guy who totally got what From was going for giving it a 9. But it was considered this weird low budget oddity from From, renowned makers of janky ass old school games, so who cares?

Then Demon's Souls really took off in America due to word of mouth from Japan and importers.

Dark Souls was suddenly considered a big deal in Famitsu, and it got 9/9/9/10.

Man that behind the scenes video is great. As someone who's into video production, the pan across the insane mess of cables from the sets is INSANE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom