• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
potentially worse than Geese's need to point out that the red-named person is a mod, I worry that he somehow didn't detect the most obvious sarcasm possible

tchocky

potentially worse than Geese's need to point out that the red-named person is a mod, I worry that he somehow didn't detect the most obvious sarcasm possible

That does seem to be the reason he pointed it out, in his latest attempt to prove neogaf is evil.

Arthur Boop Gies ‏@aegies 1m1 minute ago
@GolazoDan @RyougaSaotome @DrPizza i didn't realize it was a joke! entirely too plausible as an actual post on gaf.

That does seem to be the reason he pointed it out, in his latest attempt to prove neogaf is evil.

Arthur Boop Gies ‏@aegies 1m1 minute ago
@GolazoDan @RyougaSaotome @DrPizza i didn't realize it was a joke! entirely too plausible as an actual post on gaf.

Jesus, The Order is the gift that keeps on giving all Thursday long

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
good thing you did, he was probably worried that he might have to implement GamePro Face into Polygon's scoring system

Polygon isn't one to follow.

They'd have preliminary GamePro face ratings so you could have your GamePro Face score before resting on your final face. It's to help consumers. Everybody knows if you keep your GamePro Face Rating like that too long, it'll stay that way.

tchocky

Dan vs Alex for the title at Paxamania

Dan Ryckert ‏@DanRyckert 3m3 minutes ago
At PAXAMANIA, I'm where I'm supposed to be. In the main event, beating @alex_navarro's ass and adding 30 pounds of gold to my luggage home.

The Dreaded Alex ‏@alex_navarro
WORD ON THE STREET IS THAT THE WOLF WILL BE DEFENDING HIS TITLE AT PAXAMANIA AGAINST @DANRYCKERT. WHY? WHAT DID THAT JACKASS EVER DO?

The Dreaded Alex ‏@alex_navarro 31s31 seconds ago
I LOOK FORWARD TO BEATING DIRTY DAN AND POLISHING MY BELT WITH HIS BLOOD. HIS VIDEO GAME BLOOD, I MEAN. BECAUSE WE’RE PLAYING A VIDEO GAME.

newjeruse

Dan vs Alex for the title at Paxamania

Dan Ryckert ‏@DanRyckert 3m3 minutes ago
At PAXAMANIA, I'm where I'm supposed to be. In the main event, beating @alex_navarro's ass and adding 30 pounds of gold to my luggage home.

The Dreaded Alex ‏@alex_navarro
WORD ON THE STREET IS THAT THE WOLF WILL BE DEFENDING HIS TITLE AT PAXAMANIA AGAINST @DANRYCKERT. WHY? WHAT DID THAT JACKASS EVER DO?

The Dreaded Alex ‏@alex_navarro 31s31 seconds ago
I LOOK FORWARD TO BEATING DIRTY DAN AND POLISHING MY BELT WITH HIS BLOOD. HIS VIDEO GAME BLOOD, I MEAN. BECAUSE WE’RE PLAYING A VIDEO GAME.
Oh, this again.

Haunted

I'm really being sold on this game, Hand of Fate. I'm surprised there's no talk over it, it looks really well done. Loving the presentation from the QL.
I've been singing its praises for a while now in the Steam thread, it's been in Early Access over the last couple months so impressions from GAFers (almost always positive) trickled in periodically over a longer period of time. And with the size and pace of Steam threads, they've been easy to miss.

I thought the 3rd person stuff looked janky and low-grade. The idea seems interesting though.
The real time battles certainly aren't on the same level as the high class polished experience you might be used to from Batman or Mordor. But they do work well enough as a counterpoint to the real meat of the game, which is the deck building (don't let the game do it for you!) and the roguelike/dungeon crawling exploration.

What I really like about the game is how "in-world" everything is. The cards, for a lack of a better word, actually "exist" as 3D models within the game, Vinny showed that off excellently when he actually tracked the card he wanted through the shuffling. They're not UI elements or menus popping up, it's the 3D model of the card being pulled up close to the camera so you can read them. Same with the shops - they're not loading up a UI, it's the camera actually swooping into the shop into an extreme close-up of the cards on display.

It's not the most elegant way to handle it, but it gives the world a sense of cohesion and place. It makes it feel tangible. The feeling is similar to the Doom 3 terminals. You get a sense that the screens actually exist in the world.

Haunted

So, we know Scoops is doing Demon's Souls before Bloodborne comes out right?

Apparently he meet's Brad's old friend Potato Marshall...

God this is making me wanna play DeS again before BB myself...
Hated that he got invaded by some overpowered douchebag that used the scraping spear and equipment-breaking items. Should probably just play offline in the future. Never understood what's funny about griefing other people.

Much respect to Patrick for his patient response and being such a good sport about it.

Perhaps I should post in the Order thread, since it might reach legendary status.

My favorite thing is people consistently bringing up DriveClub in completely unrelated contexts. "I can get why people reviewed The Order poorly, but why was DriveClub panned?!" it's the gift that keeps on giving. I think these people lie awake at night thinking about DriveClub's metacritic score.

Seventy70

My favorite thing is people consistently bringing up DriveClub in completely unrelated contexts. "I can get why people reviewed The Order poorly, but why was DriveClub panned?!" it's the gift that keeps on giving. I think these people lie awake at night thinking about DriveClub's metacritic score.

I think it's hilarious how people brainwash themselves into thinking Driveclub is some universally loved gem or something. It's a mediocre racing game that people like because they have nothing else to play.

I had to...

RnmIPiw.png

Aerobatics

Neo Member
Hated that he got invaded by some overpowered douchebag that used the scraping spear and equipment-breaking items. Should probably just play offline in the future. Never understood what's funny about griefing other people.

Much respect to Patrick for his patient response and being such a good sport about it.

personally I think it's the funniest thing in the world but different strokes

Seventy70

Online being broken sure, but then again that doesn't matter to me because I got it at launch and have still never touched multiplayer and have had a grand old time with it. I do think any site cautioning readers against buying it would be wrong. And then you got Giant Bomb giving it 2 stars saying it has no soul, and straight up lying about not being able to change your car colour (although it appears they have since updated the review to include being able to do that). What a joke.

'jeff' is one of the reasons why I don't like giant bomb, his opinions, I never.. Ever agree with

So when he gave it a 2, it did nothing to stop my anticipation of the game.

4;00 pm tomorrow can't come soon enough

lmao

I love it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom