• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

shwimpy

Does Jared joining Nintendo mean he has to retire from the powerbombcast? Add A-Striker, he watches wrestling! The Mizdow of Giantbomb... let him speak!

DoA 5 looks like a totally decent game with a lot of content at a pretty reasonable price

...until you look at the store or even contemplate the free version...

Myggen

Does Jared joining Nintendo mean he has to retire from the powerbombcast? Add A-Striker, he watches wrestling! The Mizdow of Giantbomb... let him speak!

Nintendo is supposed to be strict about its employees talking about Nintendo outside of work, not non-video game related stuff. So no real reason why it should, he's probably just very busy with his new job right now.

edit: he retweeted Dan's tweet about this episode, so doubt he's off it :)

Nintendo is supposed to be strict about its employees talking about Nintendo outside of work, not non-video game related stuff. So no real reason why it should, he's probably just very busy with his new job right now.

edit: he retweeted Dan's tweet about this episode, so doubt he's off it :)

I am surprised they let him use twitter. The ex indie guy at Nintendo was barred from twitter but he did speak bad about region locking

tchocky

I am surprised they let him use twitter. The ex indie guy at Nintendo was barred from twitter but he did speak bad about region locking

Yeah criticising Nintendo policies is not smart. I think as long as you talk positively about Nintendo they are fine with it and they don't care about non-Nintendo talk even if it is subjects Nintendo would never touch such as Alison Rapp talking about feminism and polygamy.

Myggen

Yeah criticising Nintendo policies is not smart. I think as long as you talk positively about Nintendo they are fine with it and they don't care about non-Nintendo talk even if it is subjects Nintendo would never touch such as Alison Rapp talking about feminism and polygamy.

Yeah, that's the impression I have too. Alison Rapp's Twitter hasn't changed since she joined Nintendo.

Myggen

dan's lighting the order the fuck up on twitter right now

From the QL he actually seemed to somewhat enjoy what he had played up to that point, guess the game didn't get any better from there!

It's a great-looking guided tour of a boring, short story. You would get 90% of the game's experience by watching a YouTube playthrough.

In terms of freedom to play how you want, it makes Call of Duty's campaigns seem like Skyrim by comparison.

hamchan

From the QL he actually seemed to somewhat enjoy what he had played up to that point, guess the game didn't get any better from there!

He's mr positivity before he plays a game or when he's just starting but when he dislikes a game, I've noticed he gets vicious on it like in that Metro Last Light QL.

danm999

In terms of freedom to play how you want, it makes Call of Duty's campaigns seem like Skyrim by comparison.

Damn. Dan laying down the heat.

I played about eleven chapters of the Order yesterday at a friends (who has some immense buyers remorse) and yeah, it's a beautiful and totally vacuous game.

Jeff was probably kinder to it in his review than I would have been and that's not a sentence I expected to ever utter. Maybe it gets better towards the end but most reviews I've read say no and they seem pretty spot on so far.

Myggen

Yeah, him and one of the most prominent Gators up until she was doxed by 8chan and decided to not speak about GG again a couple of weeks ago (@lizzyf620). I would say that it's misleading to say that The Escapist "hired" them since it seems like they both are gonna write stuff as freelancers, but still, The Escapist is going full Gamergate. With the stories about them not paying contributors coming out, I wouldn't be surprised if this is a last desperate attempt to stay afloat.

Largo

The Pre-PAX Rumble shit-talk between Alex and Dan makes me happy.

But mostly I hope people start cutting promos again this year.

Largo

You & me one on one.
From one end of the universe to the other.
I will prove once again why I am the undisputed GB GAF Heavyweight Champion of the world.

This is not ballet Largo.

Do not underestimate me.

Harpuia

Damn were the guys entertaining to listen to this podcast. They were all so much more animated. They must be pretty tired often. I always find their after-break podcasts to be very refreshing. Their president day's bit at the beginning was hilarious.

hamchan

I hope they book Dan to win against Alex this time. Dan is a heel but he's a hard working heel and he deserves a title run.

Largo

Largo

You & me one on one.
From one end of the universe to the other.
I will prove once again why I am the undisputed GB GAF Heavyweight Champion of the world.

This is not ballet Largo.

Do not underestimate me.

Jimmy.

I have SEEN you, and you are WEAK.

Your 'senior' poster status will not save you, your OPs will not save you.
When PAX East 2015 comes around and the livestreams come, you will go DOWN, like Gerstmann and Yoshi, like <wrestling reference>.

I will see you in March, and blood will run red.

(I got Navarro, what do you think?)

Jimmy.

I have SEEN you, and you are WEAK.

Your 'senior' poster status will not save you, your OPs will not save you.
When PAX East 2015 comes around and the livestreams come, you will go DOWN, like Gerstmann and Yoshi, like <wrestling reference>.

I will see you in March, and blood will run red.

(I got Navarro, what do you think?)

Dan Ryckert is this generations Shawn Michaels.

People think he is too small for the big time. Mike Tyson learned the hard way and so will Navarro.

Dan will prove his haters wrong at the biggest stage of them all.

Paxmania!

Haunted

DoA has always been the worst.
I really liked Dead or Alive 2 when it came out. (I was 15)

People always talk about "outgrowing" a certain type of games and then cite kid's games and Nintendo's output, but in reality it's the games with gross pandering and excessive fanservice that you eventually grow bored of.

Largo

Dan Ryckert is this generations Shawn Michaels.

People think he is too small for the big time. Mike Tyson learned the hard way and so will Navarro.

Dan will prove his haters wrong at the biggest stage of them all.

Paxmania!

But Samantha Kalman though

Damn. Dan laying down the heat.

I played about eleven chapters of the Order yesterday at a friends (who has some immense buyers remorse) and yeah, it's a beautiful and totally vacuous game.

Jeff was probably kinder to it in his review than I would have been and that's not a sentence I expected to ever utter. Maybe it gets better towards the end but most reviews I've read say no and they seem pretty spot on so far.

It makes sacrifices in the areas of shooters I care about in favor of aspects that I don't particularly find well done in most shooters (Spec Ops: The Line is one of the few exceptions I can think of, but that's more the Apocalypse Now fan in me talking than anything), but then it doesn't even get the non-graphical parts it focuses on right. It looks nice and has an interesting concept, but that's really it.

So it's basically Bioshock Infinite with even weaker combat.

I have a confession: I liked Sonic Adventure 2. I played very little of the actual game and just spent a lot of time in the chao garden.

Megasoum

Banned
Welp... I'm starting a new Red Dead playthrough...

God Dammit Brad and Dan... It's all your fault.

I gotta say, for a 360 game, RDR still looks reallllly good.

Edit: Sigh.. My old white Xbox 360 is so loud that I still hear it even if I have headphones on...

Edit #2: As much as I hate Polygon in general, I gotta say that this piece is great http://www.polygon.com/features/2013/6/19/4406600/small-town-man-John-Marston . Hearing the dude's voice in the video gives me goosebumps every time lol.

Largo

Samantha's time will come at paxmania 14 but if Dan refuses to job to Samantha and drop the belt I am sure Navarro will make things right.

Wait no, I've got it. Ultimately, I want Dr. Tracksuit to win, but the best outcome?

Rudds wins the Rumble. And is immediately murdered by the Underdraker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom