• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Majora's Mask looks so much better when it's not running at 8 fps.

I don't remember how Majora's Mask ran, but yeah, N64 games in general are hard to go back to because of how fucking awful they run. I don't think Rare made a single game on that console that ran at anything close to a steady 30 fps. More so than with most other consoles, I'm all for remasters/remakes of the good games from that console because of that.

demidar

I don't remember how Majora's Mask ran, but yeah, N64 games in general are hard to go back to because of how fucking awful they run. I don't think Rare made a single game on that console that ran at anything close to a steady 30 fps. More so than with most other consoles, I'm all for remasters/remakes of the good games from that console because of that.

It's so easy to forget how bad framerates used to be. They only got good and stable-ish during the PS2/Xbox/GC era.

Xater

Yep all those Superbowl games look terrible and they are barely games. They are just ways to fill up bars and you can do that quicker if you pay money.

Haunted

This is probably going to be dumb and depressive.
I had to stop the video after a couple minutes, I couldn't take it.

It's depressing to imagine that these pieces of shit might be what comes to mind when you mention "videogames" to a group of young people.

At least there's Minecraft.

Yep all those Superbowl games look terrible and they are barely games. They are just ways to fill up bars and you can do that quicker if you pay money.
Soulless skinner boxes solely designed to manipulate and exploit. Fucking disgusting.

Myggen

It's so easy to forget how bad framerates used to be. They only got stable-ish during the PS2/Xbox/GC era.

Yep. For some reason I always felt that PS1 games on average ran better than N64 games, but that might just be nostalgia talking. Even at the time I remember being extremely frustrated by Rare's platformers on the N64 for generally running like absolute shit.

Xater

Yep. For some reason I always felt that PS1 games on average ran better than N64 games, but that might just be nostalgia talking. Even at the time I remember being extremely frustrated by Rare's platformers on the N64 for generally running like absolute shit.

The N64 always seemed to have a bunch of effects it's competition didn't have but the hardware was underpowered to do it at a decent frame rate.

f0rk

Wow Heroes Charge is blatantly ripping off DOTA2 heroes. Drew's team was female Kunka, Zeus, QoP, Lina and Enchantress

Brashnir

Wow Heroes Charge is blatantly ripping off DOTA2 heroes. Drew's team was female Kunka, Zeus, QoP, Lina and Enchantress

Yeah, I noticed that too, but then I remembered that Dota 2's heroes are all ripoffs of Warcraft characters, which is a series that got its start by ripping off Warhammer.

Sounds like a 5 stars game if the frame rate isn#t shit like in Hyrule Warriors.

So I think this might be omega forces best polished game.

The ps3 version runs at 720 & 30 fps but the PS4 version runs at 1080 & 60fps

We will need to see if it is locked though but it looks like they put in a lot of effort due to this being a big game for sony & square.

Did the font change on the site?

0c5125bedfdc573edf0f7bf311b8de1c.png

Kinda surprised me at first.

Xater

So I think this might be omega forces best polished game.

The ps3 version runs at 720 & 30 fps but the PS4 version runs at 1080 & 60fps

We will need to see if it is locked though but it looks like they put in a lot of effort due to this being a big game for sony & square.

I think Samurai Warriors 4 is also 1080p/60 on PS4. It looked great in videos as will. Have not bought it yet. I think I'll wait for Samurai Warriors 4-II.

Aaron

All three games are blatant rip offs. The War game is Caesar, and Clash of Clans is a shameless Settlers clone.

Drew (and Jeff) sacrificed so we don't need to.

e: Wow yeah, the Heroes Charge characters have the exact same skills as their equivalents in Dota. Pretty funny.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Well at least these ads are effective. Thirty seconds after seeing one, and immediately after saying he constantly sees ads for the game on other mobile games, Jeff forgets the name "Game of War" completely.

Megasoum

Banned
Game of Wars looks fucking attrocious.

Clash of clan looks all right for that kind of game... At least it's not attacking you like the other one.

The third game doesn't look too bad.

f0rk

I think Game of War is built on the same theory as all email scams being from Nigeria, you make the intention so obvious you will get less people wasting bandwidth not spending anything and a higher proportion of whales.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I think Game of War is built on the same theory as all email scams being from Nigeria, you make the intention so obvious you will get less people wasting bandwidth not spending anything and a higher proportion of whales.

This is actually brilliant. Can anybody here do art? I've got an idea for a game called Bullshit Skinnerbox. That's all I've got so far but I can pretty much guarantee we'll be millionaires if this theory holds.

Myggen

I'm pretty sure every single icon in that video is a copy of an icon from Warcraft 3!

staff-dota9ful4.png

latest

It's ridiculous enough when Blizzard keeps using icons from 2002 in World of Warcraft.

China don't care.

Odd remark. Do you think Zynga is a Chinese company?

While there's a lot of copycats on the Western market, it's no secret that Chinese devs can at least be a lot more shameless about their copying (especially if the game just stays in China) due to the law not really caring about that sort of stuff in China. That video game related park Alex posted pictures from in China is a pretty good example.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Oh that's great if the icons are lifted from WC3. I was going to give them some credit for at least redoing the Zeus concept completely, but as it turns out he was a dwarf with two hammers in the original mod too and Valve changed him into a little old Mario god.

AngryMoth

Wonder how the artists/programmers working on those games feel about working on glorified slot machines. Would be soul crushing for me no matter how good the pay

Xater

While there's a lot of copycats on the Western market, it's no secret that Chinese devs can at least be a lot more shameless about their copying (especially if the game just stays in China) due to copyright law being...let's say "flawed" in China. That video game related park Alex posted pictures from in China is a pretty good example.

Yeah China ripping stuff off or even shamelessly using assets or even IP from western stuff is no secret.

A nice example would be 300 Heroes. It's a MOBA which has character from Naruto, DOTA2, Wall-E, Angry Birds and all kinds of other IPs they don't own the rights to.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/07/300...-birds-wall-e-seems-to-break-many-copyrights/

Rapstah

Oh, it's not just the Chinese version. Looking at the beginning of the part of the QL where they look at the menus of Heroes' Charge, every single icon is heavily inspired by, if not literally traced over an icon from, Warcraft 3. Even the "plus" and "armour" icons are blatantly copied. How hard is it to draw a 32x32 yellow plus sign on a black background?

Myggen

Oh, it's not just the Chinese version. Looking at the beginning of the part of the QL where they look at the menus of Heroes' Charge, every single icon is heavily inspired by, if not literally traced over an icon from, Warcraft 3. Even the "plus" and "armour" icons are blatantly copied. How hard is it to draw a 32x32 yellow plus sign on a black background?

Yup, I'm surprised a thing like that can exist in the West, and that Blizzard and/or Valve hasn't sued because that thing obviously makes a ton of money.

Xater

Yeah, I kept thinking of Caesar during the Game of War part and it made me sad. That could look so good with today's technology!

Look at this beautiful 1998 fucker:

Looks like we are getting a new good "Sim City" from Paradox with Cities Skylines, but I would also really love someone to take on Caesar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom