• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tan

I have a confession: I liked Sonic Adventure 2. I played very little of the actual game and just spent a lot of time in the chao garden.

If you're referring to liking it when you played it as a child then don't play it again. No part of that game holds up, not even chao garden, sadly.

If you're referring to liking it when you played it as a child then don't play it again. No part of that game holds up, not even chao garden, sadly.

i have returned to it many times

its fun whatever i dont get the hate

its not like ultra mega pure sonic

but its shitty cheese rock and sliding down hills on a metal board combined with space lizards

harmless fun

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dan is more of a Sycho Sid.
JlaYh32.gif

Arthur Gies is more like Shawn Michaels.

Drive Club is a legitimately great game, really wished they'd delayed it and launched it in the state it is now. Reception would have been very different. Jeff just hated the handling which led to the very negative review. If you liked how PGR played you'll probably love Drive Club.

I was actually enjoying the Order but the last hour or two really brings the experience crashing down. Really does feel like the last act is missing and it just feels oddly condensed with 5 chapters smashed into 40 minutes. I would actually say the end of the game is worse than Rage in terms of very suddenly ending, especially given it's such a story driven game. Would be interesting to hear what happened with the development.

And honestly I feel at this point people are just piling on the game. You are playing most of the time, none of the cutscenes are actually that long. The beginning of the game has the slow introduction and then towards the end there are two chapters that are mostly cutscenes but in-between that you are playing with very few interruptions. Of course you might find that gameplay boring, but that's another story.

The actual gunplay is pretty great though, and the game's cover system works really well. The way you can lean in multiple directions feels natural and the animations for getting in and out are probably the most fluid I've seen in a game. And while the forced walking is frustrating, it lightens up towards the end of the game which is weird in its own way due to the inconsistency. I am someone who actually enjoys just looking at textures in games though, lol.

Jothel

So I've been wanting to buy something new for my Vita and I've noticed that games such as the Jak and Daxter Trilogy, God of War Collection and Ratchet and Clank Trilogy are all on sale at the moment but they've all had middling reviews. What is actually a good collection on the Vita and if any of you have played the ones mentioned above, how are they? Are the problems easy to look past?

GBeast Quick Looks are great, but I want some longer form content from Vinny :(

They need to get that east coast podcast going ASAP.

We are closing in on a year since Vinny left! Its going to be a heck of a "What ya been playing?"

I want to hear Vinny be angry at Bloodborne becausing hearing him talk about the other Souls games was always a joy.

So I've been wanting to buy something new for my Vita and I've noticed that games such as the Jak and Daxter Trilogy, God of War Collection and Ratchet and Clank Trilogy are all on sale at the moment but they've all had middling reviews. What is actually a good collection on the Vita and if any of you have played the ones mentioned above, how are they? Are the problems easy to look past?
They're all very disappointing. Sub-res so they're incredibly blurry and Jak 1 has major framerate issues. God of War 1/2 are pretty playable but the cutscenes are windowboxed and as mentioned before they look pretty poor. I wouldn't unless you find them them for cheap.

Aerocrane

The Vita version of Jak and Daxter Trilogy has pretty bad performance issues in all of the games, wouldn't recommend unless you can play it on a PS3. I've only played the first game from the Ratchet and Clank Trilogy on the Vita, but the performance was fine and it plays pretty well with the Vita's analog nubs.

Jothel

The Vita version of Jak and Daxter Trilogy has pretty bad performance issues in all of the games, wouldn't recommend unless you can play it on a PS3. I've only played the first game from the Ratchet and Clank Trilogy on the Vita, but the performance was fine and it plays pretty well with the Vita's analog nubs.

They're all very disappointing. Sub-res so they're incredibly blurry and Jak 1 has major framerate issues. God of War 1/2 are pretty playable but the cutscenes are windowboxed and as mentioned before they look pretty poor. I wouldn't unless you find them them for cheap.

that's a real shame to hear, shall I just not bother with them then?

Aerocrane

that's a real shame to hear, shall I just not bother with them then?

If you don't have a PS3 and have no intention of getting one, maybe not? I thought that the Vita version of Ratchet and Clank Trilogy was fine, but I don't care about a game's graphics all that much especially on a handheld. It does run at 30fps on the Vita, and there are (were?) a couple glitches where regular music will play instead of boss battle music. I think 13€ for the Ratchet and Clank Trilogy is a good price.

Jothel

If you don't have a PS3 and have no intention of getting one, maybe not? I thought that the Vita version of Ratchet and Clank Trilogy was fine, but I don't care about a game's graphics all that much especially on a handheld. It does run at 30fps on the Vita, and there are (were?) a couple glitches where regular music will play instead of boss battle music. I think 13€ for the Ratchet and Clank Trilogy is a good price.

I have one back home in England but I'm living in Japan and getting it over here isn't really an option right now. I may get the Ratchet and Clank Trilogy then because I never played any of those games on the PS2. Cheers for the info!

I want to hear Vinny be angry at Bloodborne becausing hearing him talk about the other Souls games was always a joy.

I'm hoping Bloodborne is similar to Persona 4 in that Vinny won't have time to play it at home so plays it at work in a hot new premium feature that's definitely not an Endurance Run.

Luke_Wal

i have returned to it many times

its fun whatever i dont get the hate

its not like ultra mega pure sonic

but its shitty cheese rock and sliding down hills on a metal board combined with space lizards

harmless fun

I still believe deep down in my heart and soul that City Escape is one of the best intro levels to any game ever.

danm999

So am I misremembering or did they say on UPF a new Demo Derby would be up on the site on Monday?

Because I really need to see how all those audition videos go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom