• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
A modern day one would be polygonal and look worse.
Well, that's why I didn't chose an image from Ceasar IV, but I think we are at the point where it can look as good with polygons.

Anon 1701 is probably your best bet.

So sad that city builders/management sims are pretty much only developed as mobile fodder now. We're getting a bit of a resurgence but they're too influenced by survival/DF themes for my tastes.
Oh yeah, I love Anno. But they went the future way with Anno 2070 and I didn't like that at all. And the latest Anno is also free-to-play, which sucks.

Zaph

Yeah, I kept thinking of Caesar during the Game of War part and it made me sad. That could look so good with today's technology!

Look at this beautiful 1998 fucker:

Anon 1701 is probably your best bet.

So sad that city builders/management sims are pretty much only developed as mobile fodder now. We're getting a bit of a resurgence but they're too influenced by survival/DF themes for my tastes.

tumblr_nk1gmvtIIw1rsxqqio1_400.gif

Yep all those Superbowl games look terrible and they are barely games. They are just ways to fill up bars and you can do that quicker if you pay money.

The commercials are the worst part; they remind me of toy and kid's cereal commercials played during cartoons: everything is exaggerated and narrative/adventure elements are pulled out of asses that are nowhere in the final product.

AND IT'S FOR ADULTS. LEGAL ADULTS FALL FOR THIS.

Yeah, I noticed that too, but then I remembered that Dota 2's heroes are all ripoffs of Warcraft characters, which is a series that got its start by ripping off Warhammer.

ART ASSET INCEPTION.

So, who do we have to spam for a There Came an Echo QL?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=997097

Well...okay, if you're cool with it. How do I get a Steam key?
If you'd like a key for the game, make a post in this thread *****WITH A TITLE*****. I don't care what the title is, just use one. Don't claim more than one copy! You may, of course, give or gift the key to a friend. We have EviLore and Cheesemeister assisting with an automated distribution system, so don't worry about that.

We'll be giving away keys in two waves...one wave after 24 hours, and one wave after 48. No keys will be given out beyond that point.

fuzzyset

Man, I've seen GB play some bad games, but I've never heard such disdain from Jeff as in this mobile game QL. It's understandable, but the hate is real.
These games do look pretty awful.

Yeah, I know, what I meant was it'd be cool to see GB do a QL of the game. Maybe Vinny could try to overcome his trauma from that terrible voice controlled A.I. game.

Edit: I see they've given the game some coverage, so maybe there are good odds they're planning on doing one.

Maybe someone will see the thread and get a key

smug.gif

Everything in Game of War looks like a banner ad. Clash of Clans at least has some art direction. I can't tell if the mobile gaming bubble has burst or will burst or if this is just a stark illustration of the frivolousness of all video games.

The commercials are the worst part; they remind me of toy and kid's cereal commercials played during cartoons: everything is exaggerated and narrative/adventure elements are pulled out of asses that are nowhere in the final product.

AND IT'S FOR ADULTS. LEGAL ADULTS FALL FOR THIS.

To be honest, they mostly remind me of other video game ads.

Somewhere near Irvine, CA there are Blizzard artists grinding their teeth.

It's not the art, it's the heroes themselves - the skill combinations are carbon copies of Dota heroes.

But as was posted earlier, in China the game is actually called Legend of Dota so at least they're doing it (somewhat) openly..

Mr. F

Banned
Whoa, was not expecting Game of War to look that ugly. Reminds me of an early days iOS game that just had more bullshit tacked on as it got more popular.

Myggen

NOOOOOO

That is the same rugby game which came out on PSN last month in europe it is only 2gb and costs £55

That game looked like some quality stuff last time I checked. I think even the devs admitted that they hoped next year's version would be better or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom