• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Ugh! I hate that the close the chat down when a stream is done. I had the stream paused so that when my dinner was finally done, i could sit down and watch it, but now that I'm ready, the chat's closed and the paused stream is gone once the page refreshed :(

Use that link instead http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/embed/8635/?allow_gb=yes

Nowadays I just use that link all the time I know I will have to pause or rewind the stream at any point.

Oh man, missed the initial quote and though that giantbomb posted a quick look senran kagura bon appetit.

Oh god I wish. They have really not made use out of the PSTV since it came out, when Jeff constantly made it seem like a problem that they couldn't capture Vita game footage, and when they finally can...they do nothing with it.

In the Bombcast description I see they talk about the ending of RDR.

I've never played the thing, never had a PS3 - do they go into specifics or is it just "the endings were great"?

In the Bombcast description I see they talk about the ending of RDR.

I've never played the thing, never had a PS3 - do they go into specifics or is it just "the endings were great"?

They are EXTREMELY Specific. They lay out the entire last 2 hours in great detail. It's pretty much the last thing on the podcast, and the last e-mail, so you can listen and then stop listening at the first mention of it.

I'm a bit confused.
The Dan/Brad bit was really the only interesting thing that happened.
Do people actually think this would be better if they played it straight?

The infighting was absolutely the most entertaining thing about it, until that quite literally devolved into "waaaa I'm gonna take my ball and go home waaaaa" on Dan's part.

danm999

Brad clearly hates Dan in real life.

Dan_in_real_life.jpg

W1SSY

rollplay.itmejp.com

Specifically the ones with Adam Koebel GMing the game. If you want something serious, watch the Swan Song series, if you want something a little less serious and not want to watch a lot of backlog, try Mirrorshades.

Or if you want to watch something completely bonkers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQJJx1C9U9Y

I started watching some of those that other day except I picked The Wast Marches.
I like The West Marches because it is easy to get into because they are just for the most part one shot adventures with different people coming in each week. It is obviously important to start from the beginning because it is cool seeing some of the characters from previous weeks change something for the following groups.

I have also watched a couple of the other playlists and found Adam to be amazing at DM where as I was not a real fan of Neal Erickson but only watched one segment of Solum. So Tier list for me is Adam = Steven > Neal.

So I guess on topic for this thread if you want some good rollplay take a look at itmejp's youtube page or the website. They have a ton of series so you can probably find something that you like if you are interested in rollplaying pen and paper games.

Xeteh

After all this talk about RDR I put it in my PS3 to mess around a bit. I don't know if I'll play through it again but I feel like giving it a revisit.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
RDR was the same to me as every GTA. Fun to mess around for awhile but I just get so bored by the mission design and gameplay that I never play it past the first few hours.

Bacon

I would buy red dead so fast if they released it on PC. I forgot how much i loved that game until I heard them talking about it on this bombcast.

Haven't seen the current D&D series yet, but I feel like Vinny was the saviour of the Pathfinder series. He was the only one that really got into character and tried weird shit. Playing your character rather than trying to 'win' leads to a way better campaign.

TraBuch

Banned
I recently tried playing RDR again and really didn't like the controls. Had no problem with them when the game came out, but now they just feel clunky to me.

Megasoum

Banned
There's something about the horse riding that gets me everytime I play that game... Like seriously, fuck cars... There's nothing more badass than riding around on a horse. They nailed it in that game.. The sounds, the animations.. I love to just strut around the map.

RDR was the same to me as every GTA. Fun to mess around for awhile but I just get so bored by the mission design and gameplay that I never play it past the first few hours.

RDR is one of Rockstar's best games because you don't have to deal with their shitty car gameplay. And the game has magic slow-mo aim, so you don't have to deal with their shitty gun gameplay, either.

God, they make such bad games that everyone else loves.

Mr. F

Banned
I recently tried playing RDR again and really didn't like the controls. Had no problem with them when the game came out, but now they just feel clunky to me.

Was it the physics/weightiness of the movement? Haven't played it in years, but RDR has the standard Rockstar control scheme, no?

Wunder

Haven't seen the current D&D series yet, but I feel like Vinny was the saviour of the Pathfinder series. He was the only one that really got into character and tried weird shit. Playing your character rather than trying to 'win' leads to a way better campaign.

Yeah... V-Bomb was a fuckin' star. You really do need a wild card kinda guy to bring it all together, and it would help immensely if the DM was very well versed with the rules, especially since they are dealing with new players who may or may not be comfortable with roleplaying and are unfamiliar with how D&D works in general.

FStop7

Banned
That D&D stream was a trainwreck... not the good kind. Rorie needs to assert himself before it's too late, if it isn't already.

Rorie needs to get his shit together with these D&D streams. The amount of downtime due to page flipping and "I don't know, maybe" makes for a tedious watch. He needs to know the campaign and the answers to these questions. It's grating to watch even as someone who only sorta knows about d&d.

All in all I feel like the prep for these has been almost non-existant. I don't pretend to know what the average day at giantbomb is like for these guys but it's hard to believe that they put any effort into prep when I see stuff like that.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh god I wish. They have really not made use out of the PSTV since it came out, when Jeff constantly made it seem like a problem that they couldn't capture Vita game footage, and when they finally can...they do nothing with it.
The Vita is basically Japanese nerd games now, which no one in the office other than Jason is even interested in playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom