• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching a older UPF and Brad mentions, 'did you see the GTA5 video where the guy left the room to go get food while streaming and a bunch of crazy shit happened in the game'

I'm trying to find what he was talking about with no luck. Does that ring a bell for anyone?

Haunted

Undeniable proof for what I've been saying for years. The player isn't the source of all the mayhem, the interacting systems and their sensitive triggers and cascading nature are creating that shit all on their own and the player is just along for the ride most of the time.

Beautiful examples of independent mechanical systems interacting with each other, though. Great material for game design school.

BearPawB

Banned
Finally getting around to their Rocky IV commentary.

Really enjoy this.
I am glad they aren't trying to RiffTrax it. Let the comedians do the comedy. I just like the experience of two people i enjoy hearing talk talking about a movie.

"Dudes Exist"- Dan Ryckert

"I'm not a gay man...but i admire that body...yeah i can appreciate this" -Drew Scanlon

Myggen

You should sometimes give the Red Letter Media commentary tracks a try. They're highly informative as well.

http://redlettermedia.bandcamp.com

oneofmypersonalfavori9rs7s.gif

Myggen

I should get around to watching Samurai Cop with their commentary one of these days. it's one of my favorite movies.

I need to do that myself. The Halloween commentary is great, and I'm betting the Samurai Cop commentary is even better.

Also, we need a The Substitute commentary from Jeff and Rorie ASAP.

LiK

kinda bums me out that Jeff and Vinny actively hate Yukiko. Vinny is still skipping through parts of the VO as well. i guess i'm still pretty early. Only up to part 28 atm

thankfully, they both love Nanako so that's a relief.

I don't know what it says about Yukiko's personality in P4 that Atlus couldn't even find a way to flanderize her in Persona Q.

she's probably one of my favorite characters in PQ for that exact reason

what annoys me the most was their need to double/triple down on Kanji
"oh, he's totally not gay, he just likes a chick who pretends to be a dude." like, come on.

Zebetite

Banned

"oh, he's totally not gay, he just likes a chick who pretends to be a dude." like, come on.

I found it way more annoying that somehow Kanji got dumb enough that he has to call FOEs "F-thingies."

Myggen

Yeah, that whole aspect of Kanji is by far my least favourite thing about P4. It's just so fucking pointless and at times borderline offensive.

I found it way more annoying that somehow Kanji got dumb enough that he has to call FOEs "F-thingies."

In Ultimax he couldn't even do basic math, I at least understood the point of reference for stuff like boiling Yukiko down to "I can't cook, snrk" but Kanji never came across as being straight up dumb. I'm only onto the second dungeon in PQ so far and it's not as bad the Arena games but it's still annoying.

Jothel

I work at a junior high in Japan and I have never scrolled past anything faster than the gal gun posts from a few pages back...

Also can someone who has played P3 explain what's up with the dog that uses a persona and also how does a dog shoot itself in the head?

Kanji was pretty dumb in the original games.

He had moments where he came across as being really dumb but a lot of that seemed more due to him paying no attention to what was happening, rather than him just being stupid. No doubt he was still kind of dumb but it feels like an odd thing for them to base the character on in the spin offs compared to some of the things they focus on with other characters.

danm999

I wonder if there was some translation problem between the original writing and the localization, since
Troy Baker said Atlus US and he considered Kanji unambiguously gay, but the writing seems to try and walk that back and make it about fear of rejection in general.

I thought it was pretty disappointing myself too. That said, ever since I found out Yosuke was voted the most popular character in P4 I realized maybe I wasn't the audience being actively written to.

daydream

Banned
One of my friends said that Yosuke seems like the kind of person who fucks a couch. I don't know what that means, but it checks out.

your friend is pretty astute

yosuke is just an all-around loser

like, at the beginning, they try to set him up as this likeable klutz that's gonna be Charlie's BFF but you realise how much of an asshole he really is once kanji enters the stage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom