• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

Pretty much yeah, she's not great but she could of been worse, her poetry however is the worst. People seem to dislike her more now after that recent Golden anime but she's ok in the game.

i haven't watched the anime yet but i really do like her in the game esp after going through the True Ending route. people in Persona and Figure OTs also have split opinions about her. quite divisive, heh

Frith

I just bought a vita (.gif)and I've not watched the endurance run (i cant watch it and work so it's always been my gb white whale)
So I have 3 options

Play persona first then watch
Play a little bit ahead but roughly at the same pace
Watch then play

What you think? First option makes a lot of sence but I might like vinny and jeff more than jrpgs* as I haven't plaid one since ffx so mabye 3

*i originally wrote videogames here

Kimaka

Yukiko is the kind of girl that peaks in high school and then the rest of her life is a string of depressing pregnancies and broken dreams. She'll spend the majority of her life attempting to live vicariously through her six children who want nothing to do with her.

Sounds more like Rise after her popularity plummets once she hits eighteen.

LiK

I just bought a vita (.gif)and I've not watched the endurance run (i cant watch it and work so it's always been my gb white whale)
So I have 3 options

Play persona first then watch
Play a little bit ahead but roughly at the same pace
Watch then play

What you think? First option makes a lot of sence but I might like vinny and jeff more than jrpgs* as I haven't plaid one since ffx so mabye 3

*i originally wrote videogames here

i'm watching the ER after i completely finished P4G with True Ending. works better for me since i don't need to worry about any unintended spoilers. you'll notice immediate changes between P4 and P4G.

LiK

Amazing.

But I do not like some of that new VO. That is not my Kanji dammit.

what's the difference? still Troy Baker and i heard the replacement in later games sounds the same.

Edit: Dammit meant Chie.

oh, i prefer Golden Chie much more. more spunky and Fitzgerald is just better overall from what i've seen of the original Chie VA performance in the ER.

daydream

Banned
i assume jeff's mario kart rule applies to chie's va? because i really dislike her new voice in PQ

her line reading might actually be better but the timbre is too cutesy for the character, i feel (not even taking into account how dumbed down her lines are, seriously wtf atlus)

danm999

oh, i prefer Golden Chie much more. more spunky and Fitzgerald is just better overall from what i've seen of the original Chie VA performance in the ER.

I also get the impression that video isn't exactly representative of everybody at their happiest.

Jesus I think I'd find it easier to watch Nanako die again.

Jothel

i assume jeff's mario kart rule applies to chie's va? because i really dislike her new voice in PQ

her line reading might actually be better but the timbre is too cutesy for the character, i feel (not even taking into account how dumbed down her lines are, seriously wtf atlus)

I'm playing through Golden at the moment and it is taking a good long while to get used to the change because of exactly this.

whoever categorized Ultimax on amazon is killing me right now.

Automotive › Motorcycle & Powersports › Parts › Drive Train › Belts

also it either needs to drop in price or get ported to ps4 before I'm rebuying that game. should have been DLC anyway.

I think his Collar acts as an evoker (which calls into question about them still using guns, it's probably explained but I don't really remember). And his story has something to do with continuing to wait for a dead master or something.

It's been awhile though, so some of the info could be wrong.

Edit: Here's info http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Koromaru

Now I'm watching a YouTube video where (P3 FES spoilers?)
Aigis is fighting Koromaru for some reason and they're just repeatedly beating the shit out of this poor whimpering doggy and oh god now it's dead

Also this is some damn good boss music.

so lets go all the way back

lets say i found a way to play smt1

like should i? would it make sense? i see there is a translation

worth my time?

ive never played persona 4 and im a real stickler about series shit so even if its a completely stand alone entry it still freaks me out

or just go straight persona 1, thats on psp right? can it be played on vita/psptv or whatever

it's pretty rough, Steve. it's a remake of two nes/msx games. it's kind of interesting as a historical artifact but it's hard to go back to.

worth my time?

ive never played persona 4 and im a real stickler about series shit so even if its a completely stand alone entry it still freaks me out

or just go straight persona 1, thats on psp right? can it be played on vita/psptv or whatever

SMT1 has absolutely no relation to Persona. It's interesting to see how much from the series is still present in this old ass game, but there's a ton of dungeon crawling a very little story. Also the game is pretty frustrating without a walkthrough. I think you can get it on iOS now if you're interested though.

LiK

worth my time?

i haven't played it yet but go for Persona 1. Jeff actually said he completed that years ago at the beginning of the P4 ER. i was surprised cuz i don't remember him ever mentioning that in the Bombcasts.

daydream

Banned

Dizzy-4U

Dan, Brad, Jeff: I'm gonna make a game recommendation for UPF.

A few months ago I downloaded this game and being able to play it with friends recently was the most fun I had in months. It's insane, Rock & Roll Racing on crack.

I don't know what the hell was up with the devs but they didn't advertise it at all so it probably sold like 10 copies.

Full controller support, a lot of guns and modes, great performance, etc. Give it a shot guys if you can, it's really really good.

Renpatsu

Play Persona 1. I actually like the grid based battle system and Demon negotiation. Plus in P1 everyone can change their Personas, not just the MC, it's far more variable than the latter games in the series.

daydream

Banned
actually, i retract the definitiveness of my statement

it's really a toss-up between devil summoner 2 and strange journey for best smt ql

but then again, ds2 is not a ql, so technical win goes to strange journey

LiK

i own every SMT game and either never played them or never finished them. P4G is the first game in the series i finished lol...

that's gonna change this year.

I really need to watch the P4 ER....

It really is an "Endurance Run" for me though.... I know everybody is saying to though it out for the first couple of episodes and that then it gets a lot better but I just can't. I tried probably 5-6 times to start it and never survive past episode 4-5.

Doesn't help that I really don't like the game or setting.

missing out. altho i loved the game already so their comments are just hilarious to me.

Megasoum

Banned

It really is an "Endurance Run" for me though.... I know everybody is saying to though it out for the first couple of episodes and that then it gets a lot better but I just can't. I tried probably 5-6 times to start it and never survive past episode 4-5.

Jothel

You just gotta keep at it, it's the best thing on the site really.

LiK

I've never beaten a mainline SMT game. I feel like you could play nothing but SMT games and still never run out of things to play

Nocturne was my first but i never finished it. i just kept buying them thinking i would get to them later. whoops

BigBoss

You should just watch the highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXW082c_e1w&list=PL1A663B28BDFDD49E

LiK

I feel a lot of the entertainment from those would be lost without the proper context. Also, those highlights are pretty incomplete.

yea, highlights are lame if you want to follow the story and Jeff and Vinny have way too many great comments that you shouldn't skip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom