• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

So I was finishing up the podcast and got to the email saying that an undead knight or whatever (never played a zelda game) in twilight princess is actually the hero from ocarina. Are you telling me that zelda is basically berserk?

Comparing Berserk to Zelda? Yer off yer rocker.

Haunted

So I was finishing up the podcast and got to the email saying that an undead knight or whatever (never played a zelda game) in twilight princess is actually the hero from ocarina. Are you telling me that zelda is basically berserk?
Has that actually been confirmed by an official source? I thought that was just fan speculation.

Also, Dark Souls is Berserk. Zelda is too nice and wholesome to warrant comparison.

Also also, being reminded of Berserk and how awesome it used to be hurts a little bit.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Comparing Berserk to Zelda? Yer off yer rocker.

I've never Zelda played mate. :p It's just that the email talking about that undead knight theory in the emails is eerily similar of the relation between guts and the skull knight. 2 souls cursed into an eternal cycle of fighting the people who cursed them.

here, dan

for your avatar:

vUxXcSk.jpg

Those two with him are Tim Turi (Game Informer) and Phil Kollar (former Game Informer, now Polygon), I believe. I'm guessing Tim Turi's in town for GDC, Phil Kollar lives in SF.

I don't think that's Phil unless Phil looks 100% different than the last picture I saw of him

hamchan

-Joins Giant Bomb
-Beats his lifelong enemy

Obviously these two are connected and the Giant Bomb move was the best decision ever for Dan.

Its a shame there hasn't been a really good anime version done of berserk. The mid-late 90s series was pretty decent for what it was but damn if the budget wasn't small and they made it extra grim dark.

Hopefully, with Jojo FINALLY getting the series it deserves they'll get around to doing berserk right this time. I mean, there's only so much loli-pervy-harem anime that can be in production at once, right

also, if Dan can do it on an HDTV then i have 0 excuses, gonna beat Tyson/Mr Sandman? or whatever the final boss is in Punchout on the Wii U.

Wait, what's the legality of downloading Mike Tyson's Punchout if i own the post-tyson punchout? Maybe i'll do it OG style.

The funny thing is, the original Megaten game isn't SMT1.

It's just Megami Tensei, and it was published by Namco for the NES, and it was based on a novel that was originally published on message boards and is utter trash with a bunch of monster and tentacle rape shit.
Ah, that must have been the era of (S)MT that spawned the Tokyo Revelation anime, where they used lesbian orgies to summon demons from the internet. Such a wonderful introduction to the franchise!

Myggen

are they still having people by this week?

i wanna hear impressions of valves vr

For GDC? No, that's normally on the last day of GDC (the only time during GDC that people can come over to a late night panel like that), and that overlaps with PAX East this year.

All the devs who are going from GDC to PAX East will probably travel on Thursday, like Samantha is doing. So a lot of indies probably wouldn't be available for a GDC show this year.

Myggen

are there like 6 paxs

we just had one

Three. One too many imo, but it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that they're going to the two main ones (East and Prime). It's South that's the extra PAX, which to be fair didn't cause a "PAX drought" this year.

They obviously like PAX more than GDC, and are willing to sacrifice the GDC after hour stuff for PAX when they overlap like they do this year.

Yeah, kind of a bummer. GDC is usually some of my favorite stuff from the year.

It'd be cool if they could do something with the podcast or something. Record like 3 different long segments with different guests or something.

From what Jeff has said, it doesn't really seem like people have time to be on stuff like that during GDC except for the day it ends (Friday) and maybe the day before. So I doubt it. GDC is infamous for being an extremely busy week for devs.

It's a shame they aren't doing anything for GDC given it's actually interesting and not just a bunch of awkward garbage.

Yeah, kind of a bummer. GDC is usually some of my favorite stuff from the year.

It'd be cool if they could do something with the podcast or something. Record like 3 different long segments with different guests or something.

Patryn

Play Persona 1. I actually like the grid based battle system and Demon negotiation. Plus in P1 everyone can change their Personas, not just the MC, it's far more variable than the latter games in the series.

Personal opinion: For classic style Persona, play the Persona 2 series instead. Yes, you lose the grid-based combat and two-weapon style, but I think the negotiation system (make contracts!), story and music is better in the P2 games.

Then again, that may be because I'm the only person on Earth who fucking DETESTS the battle music in the P1 remake, and vastly prefers the original battle music. Seriously, I can't play the game, that's how much I hate it.

From what Jeff has said, it doesn't really seem like people have time to be on stuff like that during GDC except for the day it ends (Friday) and maybe the day before. So I doubt it. GDC is infamous for being an extremely busy week for devs.

I'm going to also take a guess that even if GB did skip PAX, a lot of the people they'd want to talk to wouldn't be skipping it, so the quality of the content wouldn't be the same as in previous years. Frankly, it was just super poor planning on either GDC or PAX's part. Personally, I suspect it was PAX.

Honestly, the whole scheduling of PAX East this year is terrible. It's way too early in the year (earliest it's ever been) and on the weekend of daylight savings. Given that they're one of the few shows that can occupy the entirety of the BCEC, and thus likely has some negotiation leverage, I'm really curious to know how they ended up picking this weekend.

Yeah, I can understand that. Damn Pax.

Myggen

I'm going to also take a guess that even if GB did skip PAX, a lot of the people they'd want to talk to wouldn't be skipping it, so the quality of the content wouldn't be the same as in previous years. Frankly, it was just super poor planning on either GDC or PAX's part. Personally, I suspect it was PAX.

Honestly, the whole scheduling of PAX East this year is terrible. It's way too early in the year (earliest it's ever been) and on the weekend of daylight savings. Given that they're one of the few shows that can occupy the entirety of the BCEC, and thus likely has some negotiation leverage, I'm really curious to know how they ended up picking this weekend.

Yeah, as I said, a lot of indies are probably doing both this year. They can't afford not to. Samantha mentioned that she's going to PAX on Thursday to set up her booth, for example. And yeah, with how many devs who need to go to both conferences, it's disastrous planning to have them overlap like this. I'm betting it'll never happen again with the amount of angry feedback both will get from devs.

Let's see who asks the most dumbass question during the QA at PAX East. there's always one imbecile.

Tell us how you really feel :p

Patryn

By the way, I asked this earlier but didn't get an answer:

Dan: Are you going to PAX East? I noticed your name missing from the panel.

Patryn

Weren't Ryan and Dan on at the same time during some of the E3 casts? I know they had him guest on a few of them years before he started at GB.

Didn't Ryan burn Dan hard on one Bombcast randomly, also?

Bacon

Weren't Ryan and Dan on at the same time during some of the E3 casts? I know they had him guest on a few of them years before he started at GB.

Yeah they were.

Ryan also said Saints Row 3 was like something that would happen in Dan Ryckert's mind or something like that on one of the bombcasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom