• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
Why would people want to taint a good franchise with a bad one?

RiXZm41.gif

i've only played III and X and i really like both

I've only beaten SMT4, I highly recommend everyone here play that game. Slight spoilers but I also recommended playing it with
Google Maps
on hand.

I still have a save from Persona 3 on my PSP that I haven't touched in months. I just did the summer vacation thing so...

LiK

haha, one of my fave things in the P4 ER is Jeff and Vinny playing the Shuffle game. Never gets old when they see a new Persona pop up. The old Shuffle game is such a hassle compared to the Golden version.

bonercop

LiK

I remember hearing that
Yukiko's scene
in particular was heartbreaking.
I didn't have to reject any one, because unlike those jerks I stayed TRUE to Chie!
(
Except for Marie, but that was because I wanted the bonus dungeon and epilogue. ShutupmeI'mastupidjerk.
)

i maxed everyone for the SL trophy so i pissed off everyone in one day. i felt like garbage. but the scenes after school made up for it. they got their revenge lol

Megasoum

Banned
Coolio... I'll give it another try while playing some Majora.

Edit:Actually.. I need a MMO or maybe I should reinstall Diablo... I can't just sit in front of 100h of video without doing anything else at the same time.

The funny thing is, the original Megaten game isn't SMT1.

It's just Megami Tensei, and it was published by Namco for the NES, and it was based on a novel that was originally published on message boards and is utter trash with a bunch of monster and tentacle rape shit.

It's just Megami Tensei, and it was published by Namco for the NES, and it was based on a novel that was originally published on message boards and is utter trash with a bunch of monster and tentacle rape shit.

well i know which one im playing now

Tan

the world of video games is a truly beautiful thing

LiK

Now we have penis monster riding a chariot, :p

jgminto

so lets go all the way back

lets say i found a way to play smt1

like should i? would it make sense? i see there is a translation

worth my time?

ive never played persona 4 and im a real stickler about series shit so even if its a completely stand alone entry it still freaks me out

or just go straight persona 1, thats on psp right? can it be played on vita/psptv or whatever

SMT and Persona aren't related.

You should just play SMT: Nocturne and IV if you want to try the main series. Though you can also get the first SMT on ios if you want to.

Just finished the Rugby '15 Quick Look. That ending was great!

Hey, I used to work for Interac!

I read some translations of the novels a few years ago, the rapey stuff was crazy.

Jintor

Oh nice, I was gonna go for them but I started filling out the application and then found out the deadline was the next day and there is no way to fill out that application with everything in less than 24 hours, how are you finding it? Did they put you in the middle of nowhere?

kind of, but even middle of nowhere is only about an hour/half out from the nearest city (Osaka) so I'm totally fine with it

my san-nensei are all graduating this week D:

Man, Dan should watch Angel. He's the kind of cool guy Dan would appreciate.

Bad Guy-"I can do anything I want."
Angel-"Hm. Really, can you fly?"

Then Angel throws him out of a window from a skyscraper and he bursts into flames.

Jothel

I was with Tokyo Branch 1 (formerly called Branch 6) for 5 years. Taught at schools in the Southern Ibaraki area. I still miss my elementary kids.

Edit- A very good friend of mine used to work at the Yokohama branch.
Aaaah fair enough, oh yeah? They're all pretty good people so it's an easy as hell job, what made you leave? Was just time?

kind of, but even middle of nowhere is only about an hour/half out from the nearest city (Osaka) so I'm totally fine with it

my san-nensei are all graduating this week D:
Aah right fair enough, how's your Kansai-ben coming along? I only joined halfway through the year so I'm not super close with the third years but I think I'll be genuinely kinda upset when the second years graduate next year...

I just listened to this NPR podcast on the Montreal Screwjob and damn Pro Wrestling was really hardcore back in the day.

Seems that all the stars are aligning for me to give wrestling a chance but then I remember how much Dan and Jeff talk about how shit modern WWE is.

I just listened to this NPR podcast on the Montreal Screwjob and damn Pro Wrestling was really hardcore back in the day.

Seems that all the stars are aligning for me to give wrestling a chance but then I remember how much Dan and Jeff talk about how shit modern WWE is.

Back then it was a growing business, competition was strife. Backstabbing, storylines that changed the way someone looked at your company...now that WWE has a sort of monopoly in the US for it, it's stagnated.

AND GO DAN

danm999

The culture shock from Dan and Jeff in that Rugby QL makes for some great laughs.

Also congrats to Dan on getting his picture on the Wall!

tchocky

The problem with modern day WWE is the writing. WWE has at this time probably top to bottom the best in ring talent they have ever had they are just crippled by terrible scripted promos and an overlong main show (Raw).

That's the picture you want your victory to be immortalized to, Dan?

It's clearly a timeline. Notice how it starts with two people, then three people, then one person reaching into their jacket for something, then one person holding an unopened bottle, then two people with one about to drink from the bottle, then we finally reach Dan (and two other people) actually drinking from the bottle. Whoever beats Tyson next should be photographed just after they take their first swig of champagne.

Myggen

It's clearly a timeline. Notice how it starts with two people, then three people, then one person reaching into their jacket for something, then one person holding an unopened bottle, then two people with one about to drink from the bottle, then we finally reach Dan (and two other people) actually drinking from the bottle. Whoever beats Tyson next should be photographed just after they take their first swig of champagne.

Those two with him are Tim Turi (Game Informer) and Phil Kollar (former Game Informer, now Polygon), I believe. I'm guessing Tim Turi's in town for GDC, Phil Kollar lives in SF.

hamchan

Watch NXT, it's fantastic. It's quite unbelievable that WWE produces shit for the main roster and does a fantastic job with NXT. Doesn't feel like the same company at times.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So I was finishing up the podcast and got to the email saying that an undead knight or whatever (never played a zelda game) in twilight princess is actually the hero from ocarina. Are you telling me that zelda is basically berserk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom