• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I just saw this on Dan's Tumblr:
tumblr_nkg3mh4jTG1qagnj9o1_1280.jpg
And apparently it's a limited run that's already sold out :(

They had one with the actual Russian name instead of fake Cyrillic, too.

i haven't heard that clip but it can't be worse that the twitch guy gamespot had on their Extra Life stream. Guy was really, really pushing how cool he was. It was painful. When i learned that he was from Miami but more specifically from Kendall, well, it all made sense.

Bacon

i haven't heard that clip but it can't be worse that the twitch guy gamespot had on their Extra Life stream. Guy was really, really pushing how cool he was. It was painful. When i learned that he was from Miami but more specifically from Kendall, well, it all made sense.

Oh god, that was painful

kai3345

Banned
I don't understand. Wasn't that practically the first thing he said after introducing himself? What's douchy about that?

I must've missed something. There's a lot of background noise.

keep listening. it gets real bad. he basically admits he's a fraud and super under-qualified for the position, and on;y got the interview through sheer persistence.

it's all a beautiful trainwreck to watch unfold

Myggen

I can't watch that atm, is it a skinny white guy? I only remember that one of of their live shows, some guy was being a bit of a jerk and it made it unwatchable.

It's audio only.

Also, wasn't that guy a gaffer who showed up in this thread after the fact? Should probably not be that hard on the guy. I remember one of the guys people in here were shitting on came in to explain/defend himself.

Damnit you guys, I'm trying to work and you're sending me down the youtube giant bomb clip hole again. I know what I'm listening to all day.

DROP A BOMB ON IT

daydream

Banned
keep listening. it gets real bad. he basically admits he's a fraud and super under-qualified for the position, and on;y got the interview through sheer persistence.

don't forget the many "fuck-you-i-can-do-this"

can't do without those

komplanen

I just couldn't get my head around why someone had to stop listening after "What's your Tuesday look like?"

Myggen

I mean in general.

I do too. He obviously loves doing those events and meetups, so you have to take the good with the bad. It's not like people go up and say offensive shit to them, I think they can deal with some awkward people after all these years.

I just couldn't get my head around why someone had to stop listening after "What's your Tuesday look like?"

It's a ridiculous leading line in a conversation where he's trying to interject himself into Jeff's schedule. The kid is utterly tactless in his attempt to impose himself on Jeff.

LiK

I do too. He obviously loves doing those events and meetups, so you have to take the good with the bad. It's not like people go up and say offensive shit to them, I think they can deal with some awkward people after all these years.

I liked that whenever the guests got a bit too rowdy, Ryan would usually be the one to wrangle them.

komplanen

It's a ridiculous leading line in a conversation where he's trying to interject himself into Jeff's schedule. The kid is utterly tactless in his attempt to impose himself on Jeff.

I guess so. For some reason I always assumed that's exactly what everyone in PAX would be like and thought I'm the outlier not wanting to treat a couple of video game journalists like rock stars. People who travel to these conventions to be in the same room with their heroes are often clingy and cringy.

For me I see tons of value in GB's content but the people behind it are no heroes or rolemodels to me.

I guess so. For some reason I always assumed that's exactly what everyone in PAX would be like and thought I'm the outlier not wanting to treat a couple of video game journalists like rock stars. People who travel to these conventions to be in the same room with their heroes are often clingy and cringy.

For me I see tons of value in GB's content but the people behind it are no heroes or rolemodels to me.

That's no way to talk about whoever your GB dad is.

I think that's a healthy way of looking at it. You're right that many people probably idolize the GB crew and would get nervous speaking to them.

LiK

I think that's a healthy way of looking at it. You're right that many people probably idolize the GB crew and would get nervous speaking to them.

people need to calm down. when I met Jeff by chance at Patrick's panel in the first PAX East, I asked to take a pic with him, shook his hands and I was outta there. didn't wanna bother him.

Myggen

people need to calm down. when I met Jeff by chance at Patrick's panel in the first PAX East, I asked to take a pic with him, shook his hands and I was outta there. didn't wanna bother him.

Some people are worse than others in social situations, and when speaking to people they look up to/have seen in a lot of videos. It's only natural that a lot of people will look up to/get nervous around the GB crew, given the personality driven focus of the site. Youtubers get the exact same reaction at MAGfest and other places where they show up. It might feel silly, but think of the amount of content most GB fans consume and how big fans we are; I don't think it's strange that some people get nervous when they meet them at PAX even if they don't "look up to them" or anything like that.

If you want to see some real hero worship, go watch the Q&A section of a random Comic Con panel of a nerdy tv series or film :p

LiK

Some people are worse than others in social situations, and when speaking to people they look up to/have seen in a lot of videos. It's only natural that a lot of people will look up to/get nervous around the GB crew, given the personality driven focus on the site. Youtubers get the exact same reaction at MAGfest and other places where they show up. It might feel silly, but think of the amount of content most GB fans consume and how big fans we are; I don't think it's strange that some people get nervous when they meet them at PAX and the likes.

If you want to see some real hero worship, go watch the Q&A of a random Comic Con panel of a nerdy tv series or film :p

no thanks. seen some before.

komplanen

Wanna share that pic with us so we can review your fandom? The glimmer in your eyes, the distance of the hover hand, eye contact, nervous smile etc.

AcridMeat

Banned

That goes for everyone (celebrities, athletes etc), and is the right way of going about it.
I've been to most of their PAX panels since 08 and I talked to Jeff once, after their first in 08 to congratulate him on the new site. I never felt the need to go up to any of them for the sake of it. I usually try to get a picture with Vinny though just because there's a bit of history with our interactions at PAX haha.

I've never been one to get starstruck, unless it's someone famous I have a crush on. then, god help me. but even then I just stumble on my words and wander off at the first convenient moment.

if any "celebrity" thinks they're above you, they're not worth your time anyway.

Patryn

I tend to go to at least one PAX a year, and I think I've seen one of the crew out on the floor every year. The only time I ever went up was that first year, where I shook Jeff's hand.

Other than that I tend to leave them be, although I note that I saw them.

Honestly, I just like going to their panels, because the live crowd effect (being around a bunch of people laughing with you) makes for a great and hilarious experience.

I'm trying to think of a reason why I'd want to approach any of the guys, and the only thing I can think of is to say hi to Drew or Vinny and tell them I really like their behind the scenes stuff and wouldn't mind seeing more.

or to say hi to Dan just because.

but he'll probably read this anyway, so hi Dan.

e: actually you know what, if the opportunity presented itself, I'd probably want to have a beer with Brad and talk about guinea pigs since he's done some stuff with bedding and housing that I've never tried and would like to know more.

LiK

I've never been one to get starstruck, unless it's someone famous I have a crush on. then, god help me. but even then I just stumble on my words and wander off at the first convenient moment.

if any "celebrity" thinks they're above you, they're not worth your time anyway.

this happened when I was younger when I used to go to a few comic cons. I was star struck with some artists cuz I grew up admiring their works. never cared for actual celebrities from TV /movies tho.

I enjoyed your erotic fanfic involving LiK, komplanen.

>.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom