• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drew forgot to get the
thermal goggles

I did the same thing. I just fought
the fear and i hated myself because i didnt have thermals, even though the guide i check every once in a while mentions them. I don't think I can even go back for them. I think I assumed that since i picked them up in virtuous mission I would still have them.

jred2k

Is MGS2 a lot harder to sneak in than MGS1 or is Drew just bad at it? I just started the Metal Gear Scanlon series last week and I blazed through MGS1, but I'm not finding the sequel as fun to watch through. I think the setup of the first basically being a boss fight every episode was more engaging. Drew seems like hes constantly fighting the controls in the second one.

Tucah

you speak so well
Drew on Twitter said:
B_L7ozNU0AAxrD0.jpg
Danny on Twitter said:

hmmmmm

LiK

Is MGS2 a lot harder to sneak in than MGS1 or is Drew just bad at it? I just started the Metal Gear Scanlon series last week and I blazed through MGS1, but I'm not finding the sequel as fun to watch through. I think the setup of the first basically being a boss fight every episode was more engaging. Drew seems like hes constantly fighting the controls in the second one.

enemies are "smarter" and more numerous than the original. yea, it's harder to stealth.

Zocano

Guys, I love Danny. I love him so much.

Sweet! Danny confirmed a while ago that Danswers wouldn't replace his and Drew's plans for a podcast to replace Alt+F1. Guess this might be that replacement!

I don't listen to it cause it's not really my thing but why are they stopping it?

BearPawB

Banned
Guys, I love Danny. I love him so much.

I don't listen to it cause it's not really my thing but why are they stopping it?

they feel like they "did it" and want to constantly try new things.
Which i think is a valid thought, but kinda sucks for us fans of that particular podcast.

tchocky

Sweet! Danny confirmed a while ago that Danswers wouldn't replace his and Drew's plans for a podcast to replace Alt+F1. Guess this might be that replacement!

It could possibly be a UFC podcast since Danny watches most shows and Drew watched the Rousey fight with Dan in a bar at this past weekend.

BearPawB

Banned
It could possibly be a UFC podcast since Danny watches most shows and Drew watched the Rousey fight with Dan in a bar at this past weekend.

I would be so disappointed by this, and i used to be so easy into the UFC.
The UFC has been such shit for the past few years.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
still sad they are abandoning alt-f1 completely.
There isn't another podcast like it.
This would be a good time for a pre-season F1 podcast, though, so I'm not cinvinced it's not one!

Also, one of the indie devs Danny had on the MIX stream yesterday worked for Codemasters and they immediately started talking about F1. The fire is still burning!

sjack

Banned
Metal Gear Solid V confirmed for September 1st

Enough time to Finish 3 & 4!!

Ugh, I'm not a fan of the part in the video where Kojima said he wanted to turn Big Boss into a borderline silent protagonist. The whole concept of player avatars and "putting your feet in the character's shoes" is so overrated and dumb.

I find it much more relatable and interesting having a well written and developed protagonist than playing as a fucking mime. I remember he said he had similiar goals with Old Snake during interviews for MGS 4, and he was barely a character in that game. Solid Snake and Big Boss are so much more as characters than simply avatars for the players, and I'm disappointed that Kojima has decided to take this direction in developing Big Boss.

The weird revival of DBZ that's taken place over the last few years is really kind of amazing.

My wife is a fourth grade teacher and just had a student tell her he was getting a Trunks haircut. I was shocked any kid in her class even knew what it was. Then I was more shocked realizing the kid is basically going to get a bowl cut.

justjim89

Great episode of MGS. As mentioned, Dan should lay off the hand holding but you gotta love his enthusiasm.

I watched Patrick's FNAF3 thing, and holy shit is it heartbreaking to see him transform into such a YouTuber. By the end of the year he'll be doing Skyrim mod reviews and Minecraft let's plays.

sjack

Banned
I watched Patrick's FNAF3 thing, and holy shit is it heartbreaking to see him transform into such a YouTuber. By the end of the year he'll be doing Skyrim mod reviews and Minecraft let's plays.

I know you guys like to think otherwise, but 70% of Giantbomb is pretty much a glorified youtube channel.

Also, he's been doing videos like these forever. I don't see how it's any different than the stuff he did for Giant Bomb.

Cyros

I played MGS3 back around when it released, and made it to the End before I quit. Looking at Metal Gear Scanlon I have no clue how I made it that far.

def sim

The weird revival of DBZ that's taken place over the last few years is really kind of amazing.

Yeah, I don't know who the current audience is or if the show is even still airing. I assume most people buying Xenoverse (top seller on steam since release) are all in their 20s or early 30s going for the childhood wish fulfillment the character creation allows.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Jeff isn't really dodging or anything, I wouldn't worry about it.

It looks like the gameplay is very close to Unreal Tournament 3, meaning no shield gun, no adrenalin or dodge-jumps, even the weapons look exactly the same. But they are getting the stuff around the core game right this time, which was really the worst thing about 3.

edit:
It's funny, the way Jeff and Drew want to play the game, with all those shitty mutators, mods and wacky maps is my least favourite way to play UT. It's cool for an hour or so, but I enjoy the pure competitive Team Deathmatch the most. Full-blown mods on the other hand can be amazing, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom