• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branson

The weird revival of DBZ that's taken place over the last few years is really kind of amazing.
Kai is fairly popular and has introduced a new generation to it. Which is also a good thing because of the better dub.

This MGS3 play through can get stressful sometimes for players like me that try not to kill anyone haha. That ocelot ambush was cringeworthy. Or Dan telling him to just murder people. I'm like Noooooo

TraBuch

Banned
Original Unreal Tournament Instagib CTF was the most fun I've ever had playing a competitive FPS. The UT demo was probably the most time I've ever spent playing a demo. Never played the sequels because I never had a PC strong enough to play them at the time, but that was fine with me. I just kept playing the original.

Renpatsu

Hmn, in terms of Japan I think the largest contributor towards Dragon Ball's popularity has been the Cardass arcade and later 3DS games, Dragon Ball Heroes, that seems to have caught on among a younger generation and been their introduction to Dragon Ball.

I feel like the way UT and UE in general are being handled now is very smart. I hope it works the way it should.

This game is already kind of hitting the nostalgia nerve

Corgi

Banned
You think it's coming day and date with the console versions? Cause I don't.

Gotta make extra cash off those double dippers.

pretty sure it was announced to be same day when GW pc was announced.

also thermos isn't needed if you just shoot everyone...

holy shit though... never knew about life medicine lmao. never used that in my playthrough. Thought the only way to heal was wait for regeneration :/

some of the boss fights i had trouble within would have been a joke!

wonder how I missed that.

pretty sure it was announced to be same day when GW pc was announced.

also thermos isn't needed if you just shoot everyone...

holy shit though... never knew about life medicine lmao. never used that in my playthrough. Thought the only way to heal was wait for regeneration :/

some of the boss fights i had trouble within would have been a joke!

wonder how I missed that.

well the game does this weird thing where it treats rations like a food item instead of a healing item like previous MGS games did.

It makes sense, yeah, but that threw me for a curveball the first time i played too.

shwimpy

So bummed out they chose PAX East over GDC. I get it... fans over devs, doing a panel, royal rumble, and all that jazz but the end of the day GDC streams have always been so amazing in the past and something I looked forward to every year. I guess they realized they just couldn't top last year's extravaganza.

2611769-1432713825-26117.gif

Patryn

So bummed out they chose PAX East over GDC. I get it... fans over devs, doing a panel, royal rumble, and all that jazz but the end of the day GDC streams have always been so amazing in the past and something I looked forward to every year. I guess they realized they just couldn't top last year's extravaganza.

I've already said this in the thread, but even if they did choose GDC, I'm guessing a lot of the guests they'd want would be in Boston by the time they'd want to do their stream. So it'd likely end up very bare bones.

FStop7

Banned

2611769-1432713825-26117.gif

I wish they had done GDC, too. There are 34 PAXes per year.

I dunno, I'm almost fine with neither at this point. I'm always up for more Lang/Johnny V/Boon/etc, but all the indie guests they tend to bring on are either boring or insufferable. And PAX just doesn't seem special anymore. Again, its mostly about indie games that I don't really give a crap about. At least the PAX Rumble has sparked some interest for me.

Corgi

Banned
hope drew eventually realizes Snake is a fucking bullet sponge. I got spotted all the time playing 3, yet I just ran around CQCing everyone.

CQC slam is super OP in 3 with super long knockout timer. They nerfed it in Peace Walker... which required slaming against a wall to knock out, or 2 ground slams.

think GZ slam is only 30 seconds knockout unless against a wall.

komplanen

I hope Drew liking the gameplay in MGS3 more than previous games translates to faster schedule for episodes.

I'm already all bummed out because of GDC and PAX but who knows what will happen this and next week. It's hard to feel too sad after the superb content we got despite PAX South.

BearPawB

Banned
MGS3 always makes me question why people hate the Twin Snakes version of 1.
MGS3 has as many ridiculous flips and moments as that.

Myggen

The hate for Twin Snakes isn't just the anime moments, it's the way the MGS2 gameplay changes in many ways breaks the game. But for as silly as the story is in MGS1, there was never any indication that Snake was able to go as full anime as he did in Twin Snakes. So regardless of what happened in later games, those scenes felt out of place and unneeded.

komplanen

Voice acting changes is one reason. Also it's worth noting that "ridiculous flips and moments like that" isn't just a checkbox to fill. There's an art to directing and editing that I personally feel Kojima is really good at. He did not direct Twin Snakes.

LiK

The hate for Twin Snakes isn't just the anime moments, it's the way the MGS2 gameplay changes in many ways breaks the game. But for as silly as the story is in MGS1, there was never any indication that Snake was able to go as full anime as he did in Twin Snakes. So regardless of what happened in later games, those scenes felt out of place an unneeded.

the cutscenes were indeed bad cuz they made Snake do shit he can't do. it was fine with Grey Fox cuz he's a Ninja already, and the redubs and changes to the music were also awful.

jgminto

Great episode of MGS. As mentioned, Dan should lay off the hand holding but you gotta love his enthusiasm.

I watched Patrick's FNAF3 thing, and holy shit is it heartbreaking to see him transform into such a YouTuber. By the end of the year he'll be doing Skyrim mod reviews and Minecraft let's plays.

He was doing that before he left Giant Bomb too. All of his game video content was at that level. It's just something he does for fun anyway.

I'm listening to Danswers and man... If Danny ever breaks up with this current girl it would be embarrassing as all hell.

Also they tell the same stories too often.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Was ScreamRide developed as a Kinect game originally? The first mode really seemed like it was, with the front row looking back and cheering you on.

erawsd

Does it? I remember this bike scene exactly because there was a lot of complaining about it. Cant say I recall any other super human feats from "regular" characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom