• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So since they are currently playing MGS 3 I was thinking: How is the 3DS version of the game? I kinda want to play it but that silly Kojima refuses to release the collection for PC so I'm screwed. It's currently 13€ on Amazon which seems pretty reasonable.

Someday somebody is going to ask "Who only sings twice a day?" and this day will redeem my name.

Tan

So since they are currently playing MGS 3 I was thinking: How is the 3DS version of the game? I kinda want to play it but that silly Kojima refuses to release the collection for PC so I'm screwed. It's currently 13€ on Amazon which seems pretty reasonable.

I think the performance was a little dodgy but it's otherwise fine? There was a demo, it's probably worth checking if that's still there.

sjack

Banned

Honestly, not a fan of the new details on the characters' faces.

William

I love Vinny Playing Dragonball games. I have no interest in ever playing them but I never get tired of him talking about the insane plot or how the characters are named after vegetables.

MGS3 pretty much requires a CCP and it also runs like poo gas on the 3ds. If it's the only way you can play it then it's better than nothing but I'd recommend the vita version if what you're looking for is a portable version.

That's a damning critique if I ever heard one.

I have a New 3DS, no idea if that works. Anyway, for 13€ I'll try it.

It does. The C-Stick acts as the CPP in all games that have a CPP option.

EDIT: :lol reading the MGS3D additions and I didn't know they added crouch walking. Drew was just complaining about the lack of that in the MGS Collection version they're playing.

I think you need a CPP to use the Subsistence camera.

Plays like Peace Walker PSP without CCP or New 3DS. Face buttons control the camera, other controls crowd the d-pad and shoulder buttons.

Pros of the 3DS version are is updated controls; left trigger aim, right shoot, crouch walking, move while free aiming. Cons are everything else. Even if it's the worst version of Metal Gear Solid 3, you can't go wrong playing Metal Gear Solid 3.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
It does. The C-Stick acts as the CPP in all games that have a CPP option.

Cool.

They should try to finish MGS 3 and then do a livestream of the last episode of MGS 4 the day before MGS V launches. Though that might be a bit too promotional for some people, I dunno. I like the idea.

Zebetite

Banned
Dan, what if Rocky trained so hard that he became a Super Saiyan?

Yurr gunnuh love dis, trust me. Whut yur seein' now is my nohmal state.

Dis is a Supah Saiyan.

And dis... dis is whut is known as a Supah Saiyan dat has ascended past a Supah Saiyan. Ohr, you could just call dis a Supah Saiyan Two. Heh, jus' wait.

An' dis-- is to go even FUHTHER BEYON'!

Is Dan at GDC?

Yurr gunnuh love dis, trust me. Whut yur seein' now is my nohmal state.

Dis is a Supah Saiyan.

And dis... dis is whut is known as a Supah Saiyan dat has ascended past a Supah Saiyan. Ohr, you could just call dis a Supah Saiyan Two. Heh, jus' wait.

An' dis-- is to go even FUHTHER BEYON'!

image.php

You sit there and tell me this doesn't look like total ass:

MDYG9ba.jpg

Eh, 3DS games look better on the system than they do on just about any other screen as the low resolution of the screen hides a lot that can otherwise be seen at higher resolutions.

At least that's what i tell myself when i'm not crying about how jaggie everything looks on my n3dsXL compared to my vita & iphone.

I mean I'd argue that playing vanilla Snake Eater on a 17" CRT tv on PS2 is probably the worst possible version of that game but it was just fine for what it was

the original picture should be quoted, too

that way everyone gets to have the "well that doesn't look so b-WHOA JESUS" moment I did once I clicked the smaller image

I....I guess? It'll probably look fine on a 3DS though.

Adding to the issue is the fact that the performance level of the 3DS game is pretty awful, operating at a baseline 20 frames per second, and often dipping below that during gameplay. Here we've got hold of one of Nintendo's special 3DS "partner" units that feature twin DVI outputs, allowing for a range of different video output options unavailable on a retail unit. This allows us to capture and analyse gameplay, and we can also confirm that nothing seems to change when switching to 2D mode. You can see a full stereoscopic version of this video over on

From Digtial Foundry

AngryMoth

Gotta say I think they made a bad decision picking PAX over GDC. All this crazy VR stuff going on, and their livestreams were some of my favourite content from last year.

Megasoum

Banned
Gotta say I think they made a bad decision picking PAX over GDC. All this crazy VR stuff going on, and their livestreams were some of my favourite content from last year.

It's not really their decision... Even if they stayed in SF to do streams, all the devs are leaving early for PAX.

I was listening to some old podcasts around the time Vinny was leaving. It was interesting to hear him talk about how he was hoping that he and Alex would have time to do more projects, longer term projects and such. Right now all they're doing seems to be Unfinished with a few exceptions; I wonder if something is in the works.

To be honest, I think they need to get a third person at GBE, because hearing the same duo over and over is a little boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom