• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renpatsu

So I haven't been much into anime as I was in middle school, but once in a while I'll try to find some new stuff to get into.

Recently I've discovered Assassination Classroom (Ass Class) and it's pretty dope.
The concept is pretty fun, but lately reading the manga it seems like the author is struggling to figure out the next big plot development.

Toparaman

Banned
No, I was in the exact right age range for it, I just somehow missed all of Toonami when I was a kid and I must have had the only group of friends in the 90s that didn't watch it either.

I missed out on it because I didn't have cable. But later, I watched all of DB and some of DBZ. DB is so much fun (especially with Japanese voice acting) that I've watched all 150+ episodes twice over. I haven't made it through DBZ even once.

santeesioux

I missed out on it because I didn't have cable. But later, I watched all of DB and some of DBZ. DB is so much fun (especially with Japanese voice acting) that I've watched all 150+ episodes twice over. I haven't made it through DBZ even once.

I watched the first episode of Kai or whatever it is called when it premiered on Toonami recently and couldn't get into it. I just chalked it up to being 25, I know that's a crap excuse.

Pomo

I heard if you watch the first episode of MGS1, then the second episode of MGS2, then the third episode of MGS1, etc, etc, Drew enters your mind and you kind of learn how to fly a plane.

I used to be massively into F1 back in the 90s/00s but lost interest when Schumacher retired the first time -I guess I wasn't bored by his dominance!

ALT + F1 is serving as a nice welcome back to the sport- haven't watched a race yet, but maybe I'll get that far this season!

rObit

Banned
I don't even watch F1. I listen to the podcast and play the game. I'll watch the one or two races that air in the U.S. on regular cable at a decent time.

Tan

Toriyama stopped doing DB years ago (Dragon Ball GT was a thing created by Toei, the animation company, to keep the money going) and only just restarted doing canonical stuff set in the DBZ universe again.

Dragon Ball: Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!! - A 30 minute humor-focused special

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods - A theatrical release that actually got a limited run in some American theaters

Jaco the Galactic Patrolman - An eleven chapter comedy series that is revealed over time to be taking place in the DB universe before the start of the series

Dragon Ball Minus - A single prequel chapter to Dragon Ball focused on Goku's parents

Dragon Ball Z: Revival of F
- A new movie coming out in Japan next month

Is Uub present in any of these? Didn't DBZ end with Goku ditching his whole family to go train the reincarnation of majin buu just so he could have a decent sparring partner

I got 30 minutes to download Metal Gear Scanlon on my crappy Internet, and transfer to iPad before I must run to get a 4 hour bus ride.

I NEED THIS

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
HEY! Question for you guys. I'm about to put Anxiety as an Ally on sale in a couple of weeks, and I'm at the pricing part of the process. It's 251 pages long. For the paperback, I was considering pricing it at $12.99.

Does that sound fair? Be honest.

HEY! Question for you guys. I'm about to put Anxiety as an Ally on sale in a couple of weeks, and I'm at the pricing part of the process. It's 251 pages long. For the paperback, I was considering pricing it at $12.99.

That's a fair price. Maybe have like, a first week sale of 10.99?

Is Uub present in any of these? Didn't DBZ end with Goku ditching his whole family to go train the reincarnation of majin buu just so he could have a decent sparring partner
No, the movies so far take place between Buu's defeat and that short epilogue ten years later that you're talking about. I guess Toriyama isn't ready/willing to actually extend the series into true sequel territory (even though one of the movies established something that a lot of people interpreted as a possible future route for that stuff).

Doesn't seem unreasonable to me. Especially since you've obviously worked hard on it and it's an important subject for you, price it what you think it's worth.

I can't realistically see someone who's interested in reading/getting advice really caring about a few bucks more/less anyways. Those sort of conflicts are generally for dumb purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom