• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

In the new Toriyama movie canon, Goku has now been re-established to be a relative weakling compared to the top dogs in the DBZ universe(s), so expect more stories to come!

HEY! Question for you guys. I'm about to put Anxiety as an Ally on sale in a couple of weeks, and I'm at the pricing part of the process. It's 251 pages long. For the paperback, I was considering pricing it at $12.99.

Does that sound fair? Be honest.

$9.99 always looks great for an impulse buy purchase IMO (it works for the WWE Network!). Maybe use that as a "Debut Price," for the first month, and have $12.99 as the RRP

sjack

Banned
Dan, I'm pretty sure people won't get on your case for telling Drew to feed when his stamina low considering it would make him running around much less frustrating. It's only when you're screaming like a manchild for him to stab everyone that people get on your case. At this point, they should just swap him with Jason since he seems to actually give useful advice.

EDIT: Christ just cancel this show. This is some DSP levels of bullshit

Dan, I'm pretty sure people won't get on your case for telling Drew to feed when his stamina low considering it would make him running around much less frustrating. It's only when you're screaming like a manchild for him to stab everyone that people get on your case. At this point, they should just swap him with Jason since he seems to actually give useful advice.

Man, it's not that bad. Drew isn't a pro gamer, and MGS isn't a game meant to be streamlined.

hamchan

Time to shut down Giant Bomb guys, the site is done.

Awww I think Drew got annoyed that Dan told him to go back to get the thermal goggles.

Myggen

The eternal struggle of some fans wanting the guy who has experienced the game to give more help, and others wanting less help is alive and well I see.

I think what people are anxious about is that they want him to rush through it expertly. Like as if he knows what he's doing. We can say this because we've played this game before. But man...lay off Drew.

hamchan

The eternal struggle of some fans wanting the guy who has experienced the game to give more help, and others wanting less help is alive and well I see.

I specifically remember people telling Dan to tell Drew to get the thermal goggles. Now another group of people are mad at Dan for telling Drew to do exactly that! The man can't win!

I don't watch many LPs, but few things cheese me off more than viewers whining over LPers playing a game "wrong". It's the most asinine thing to get worked up over. Just let Drew and Dan do their own thing, idiots.

"Dan I wanna do this right..."

Metal-gear-alert.jpg

You're being irrational.

I don't watch many LPs, but few things cheese me off more than viewers whining over LPers playing a game "wrong". It's the most asinine thing to get worked up over. Just let Drew and Dan do their own thing, idiots.

Yep, it's one of the worst things about the internet...and people.

This episode is a little rough, feels like we're back to the MGS1 Scanlon.

For better or worse, that is the essence of MGScanlon. It's not a speedrun or a pro playthrough. It's the exact opposite.

Wunder

Is this your like first MGScanlon?

sjack

Banned
I specifically remember people telling Dan to tell Drew to get the thermal goggles. Now another group of people are mad at Dan for telling Drew to do exactly that! The man can't win!

I never once mentioned anything about thermal goggles but thanks for putting words in my mouth you fucking idiot.

tchocky

None of the previous MGScanlon were as painful as the first 20 minutes of this. Drew whining about the game because if his own failures was cringe worthy

Nothing in this episode was a bad as him trying to get the mine detector in the tank hangar for nearly an hour and his complaining didn't get as bad as complaining about fighting Liquid on top of a Metal gear.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You guys should learn by now that there are people who apparently can't comprehend that someone might not be good at a game and that it's perfectly fine to be not good at games.

Wunder

You guys should learn by now that there are people who apparently can't comprehend that someone might not be good at a game and that it's perfectly fine to be not good at games.

yeah I would be scared to play a game like this on video, it would be fucking horrendous to watch

kiyomi

True, but it is frustrating to watch, that's all. I'm most of the way through Ep.2 and it can be a bit tiring to see him constantly fumble with the controls.

For the most part it's an enjoyable series because they're two cool duders playing a fun, dumbass series but I can't pretend that watching Drew blame the game for his own mistakes isn't annoying.

Volotaire

[/LIST]I think this was a perfect balance of Dan helping and Drew playing. Fantastic (I haven't watched the
cave part yet.
I wasn't sure about the start when getting the
thermal goggles and crocodile cap
when getting the crocodile cap took a quite long, but it was a good shoutout for the
thermal goggles
as they were easy to retrieve.

jgminto

This is srs video game business apparently.
Some of this complaining is what killed the Endurance Run.

Drew was a bit of a grumpy guts for the first part of the episode and that hurt how he was playing but after he started making progress he was doing pretty well. He one shot two bosses in a single episode
look how far he's come!
and cleared the cave section faster than I ever have.

erawsd

I guess Im watching for way different reasons than others.

Drew is always so composed and smiling. So a big part of what makes the series fun for me is watching him fumble, fail, and start to crack under the frustration. I get so bored when hes playing well.

I'm only a half hour in but the electric fence is easily the highlight of MGScanlon 3 so far.

Zaph

I guess Im watching for way different reasons than others.

Drew is always so composed and smiling. So a big part of what makes the series fun for me is watching him fumble, fail, and start to crack under the frustration. I get so bored when hes playing well.

I'm only a half hour in but the electric fence is easily the highlight of MGScanlon 3 so far.

This man knows. The strut episode of MGS2 was probably the best one yet.

AngryMoth

Oh my god that tick story Dan. Came out of nowhere I was speechless.

Also, in my hastiness to put on metal gear scanlon I didn't notice the triumphant return of alt-f1! I am so happy about this, loved it last season and it really helped me get into the sport.
HEY! Question for you guys. I'm about to put Anxiety as an Ally on sale in a couple of weeks, and I'm at the pricing part of the process. It's 251 pages long. For the paperback, I was considering pricing it at $12.99.

Does that sound fair? Be honest.
I'd say that's fair but honestly as someone who's trying to cut back on spending at the moment I would be a lot more likely to buy it at $9.99. But hey I suppose I can spare the extra few bucks.

Congrats on finishing it by the way, I'm looking forward to it. You're honestly and advice on this subject has been a big inspiration for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom