• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

HEY! Question for you guys. I'm about to put Anxiety as an Ally on sale in a couple of weeks, and I'm at the pricing part of the process. It's 251 pages long. For the paperback, I was considering pricing it at $12.99.

Does that sound fair? Be honest.

Are you putting out a digital version? Preferably on Kindle?

I find that I'm doing all my reading on my iPad.

strafer

I think Drew has trouble enjoying because of the management aspect; hunting for food, healing your wounds, it almost feels like an RPG.

And he handled The Pain boss like a boss (no pun intended).

repeater

HEY! Question for you guys. I'm about to put Anxiety as an Ally on sale in a couple of weeks, and I'm at the pricing part of the process. It's 251 pages long. For the paperback, I was considering pricing it at $12.99.

Does that sound fair? Be honest.
$12.99 sounds very reasonable to me. Will these be available internationally (Sweden here), and if so, howabouts much do you reckon shipping will be?

If drew doesn't figure out the mechanics of MGS3 before
The End
then it's ok, he's going to have hours to discover them during that fight. So i'm not concerned because there's no way he can finish the game without having a better grasp on things before the end of it all.

Drew should get angry and say "people think I don't play gamss"

All that Halo has rotted his brain.

Edit: I really hope Dan does a playthrough of all the Metal Gears with Drew watching. This is getting frustrating. It's like watching Jeff Green play Resident Evil (without the "Barry?")

I'm not worried, Drew will figure it out. Let's reminisce about his Grey Fox and Liquid Snake fights.

The frustrating thing is, he hasn't even figured out the basics... And he's on the third game. It can be amusing, but it's getting a little old for me.

The frustrating thing is, he hasn't even figured out the basics... And he's on the third game. It can be amusing, but it's getting a little old for me.

Yeah, it's sorta like when you play street fighter with a friend and all they use is heavy punches and kicks and the occasional special move. Sure, they're playing the game, and yeah they're going to know how to block and punch and stuff, but they're getting by without really knowing the intricacies of the systems in place.

Drew's just kinda been going about thing with just fierce punches and roundhouse kicks, he's gotta learn that there's more to it than that.

kershner

Banned
The weird thing is that Drew has praised how detailed and open-ish the games are before, and yet he always seems to kind of just pick one technique and then use that for the whole game, regardless of how effective it is - just keep banging against that wall until you succeed.

These games are all about experimentation, he should really try and have a bit more fun with that.

Patryn

I think Drew has trouble enjoying because of the management aspect; hunting for food, healing your wounds, it almost feels like an RPG.

And he handled The Pain boss like a boss (no pun intended).

Sounds like Drew's getting frustrated by some of the very things that made me put down Metal Gear Solid 3 and, in fact, that entire series. I loved MGS1 and MGS2, but I reacted so badly to MGS3 that I've never played another Metal Gear game ever.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
All of that stuff becomes second nature after a couple of hours.

TylerD

Last 3 days I've watched Mario Party Party 2 and 3, the last 6 episodes of MGScanlon2, about 10 quicklooks, and a couple of UPFs. It's been a good 3 days.

I am actually conflicted about MGScanlon 3, because I love MGS3, I think it's one of the best games ever, and I was super stoked on the idea of watching Drew play it.

But, I also think it's a great game to just dick around by yourself and figure stuff out slowly, just playing around and experimenting, much more so than MGS 1 or 2, so I feel like Drew is missing out playing it this way.

But on the other hand, Drew did shoot a guy in the junk with a tranq accidentally, so maybe it's gonna come out a wash.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Lotta negative Nancy's in this thread. If you don't like the way Drew plays go do your euro extreme play through and compliment yourself for all your 1337 skillz.

Let drew play. There's no right or wrong way. You'd think you'd learn this over the last two MGS's.

Watching Drew waste so many bullets makes me want to scream. You'd think he would have learned from the first two games that bosses have some invincibility after a hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom