• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bacon

Lotta negative Nancy's in this thread. If you don't like the way Drew plays go do your euro extreme play through and compliment yourself for all your 1337 skillz.

Let drew play. There's no right or wrong way. You'd think you'd learn this over the last two MGS's.

Don't be a fucking idiot. Metal gear scanlong will be the death of giunt bam

KingKong

Clearly the new GB hire needs to be a pro gamer that shows these old timers whats what

May I recommend Jonathan 'Fatal1ty' Wendell

Watching Metal Gear Scanlon, I'm reminded why MGS3 is my least favourite in the series. The fucking management systems are awful. Glad MGS4 got rid of them all basically. Watching Drew play through is a lot of fun though. I don't care if he's not an expert.

You know what would put an end to all this negativity? Anime discussions!

tumblr_n2q3xqWduf1rfdoxno1_400.gif

Watching Metal Gear Scanlon, I'm reminded why MGS3 is my least favourite in the series. The fucking management systems are awful. Glad MGS4 got rid of them all basically.

MGS4 only utilized it's improvements for two short chapters in the beginning. After that it's basically cutscenes.

MGS3 is more methodical and rewarding game with perfect pacing and incredible gameplay depth. It may require more patience and tolerance for complex and dated control schemes but MGS4 didn't even manage to get close to it.

Dan took the critique about him saying too much to heart and replaced it with constantly saying "I don't know if I should say this." That's not much of an improvement

Drew's does some stupid stuff from time to time, but to me that's just the series occasionally changing from "Hey, remember how awesome MGS3 was?" to "Breaking Drew" and both of those are fun.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Breaking brad demon's souls is maybe my favourite series they've done. A lot of what made it great was brad failing a lot and how he took his losses.

I remember also voicing my opinion of the good and bad things he was doing. It's not like I wanted him to change the way he was playing, it's just part of the fun of following and discussing the series as it unfolded. People need to stop being so defensive.

LiK

wrestling and anime is all the same shit.

just watch DBZ and WWE. monologue and taunts for days and then a quick match.

POW!

Scizzy

I would love for Vinny to do a video series like this, were he plays a game for the first time.

I think GBE should actively try come up with video ideas that are so awful that even Vinny can't redeem them. Can anyone think of any? I don't think any exist.

Admittedly it was an uneven episode of MGScanlon.
Highs, lows and just some odd bits in between.
Maybe episode is a poor term to use, since it's more raw, more honest than a performed bit.
But I do hope he can enjoy playing the game, and when he isn't - that's the hardest bit for me to watch. I'm very sensitive to people enjoying themselves (too sensitive honestly, I make for an overly self concious host when friends visit).

I'm so okay with him killing people too, because that's the point about playing 3 for the first time, not knowing what's coming.

Drew rocks, Dan rocks, thumbs up.

MMaRsu

I've really become to dislike Dan and any quicklook or vid he's in. Do any of you think Jeff feels the same way? He always sounds annoyed when he's doing something with Dan.

Not that I wish upon Dan to lose his job but I don't feel like he fits in with the rest.

the smugness of some of those posters is approaching toxic levels

as someone who plays a lot of older PC games on a regular basis, I think a lot of people who fondly remember the times when "players were expected to use their brains" don't realize how many of those games actually just had shit level design. I've been replaying Dark Forces 2 lately and a lot of the levels might as well have been designed by bedroom modders with a cracked level editor

MonHun video is up. This will be a good intro for me because I'm either going to buy it or not today. I watched ProJared's videos to get a primer and played the demo and felt like I was enjoying myself, but I'm not 100% yet.

I've really become to dislike Dan and any quicklook or vid he's in. Do any of you think Jeff feels the same way? He always sounds annoyed when he's doing something with Dan.

Not that I wish upon Dan to lose his job but I don't feel like he fits in with the rest.

Jeff hates Dan? But I thought Jeff hated Drew?

Dan seems to be the most polarizing character on the GB crew. I think he's fun, if weirdly dumb.

Jeff and Dan seem to have good conversations on the podcast and UPF. I've never gotten the impression that Jeff finds Dan to be annoying.

Egg0

Banned
After reading all these posts about about MGScanlon 3, I can't wait to get back into it.

After the first episode Drew was pretty much further along than me in MGS3. I had episode 2 downloaded and ready but decided to wait until I beat it first. I need to marathon it over spring break and then get back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom