• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lelcar

If they do Ground Zeroes, do you think it'll be a one and done video?

Oh definitely. GZ is like a third of the length of the tanker or virtuous mission. Even the side missions are like 15 minutes each. But yeah, the main story wouldn't even be standard Quick Look length.

Liamc723

Oh definitely. GZ is like a third of the length of the tanker or virtuous mission. Even the side missions are like 15 minutes each. But yeah, the main story wouldn't even be standard Quick Look length.

I can finish that main mission in 10 minutes, but this is Drew we're talking about here haha. If they were to do it, I reckon it'd be a 2 hour video.

FStop7

Banned
you know what, i'm fine with them seeing it. it's not the same thing as people calling dan stupid and other insults because they disagree with some stuff he said

if i was in a room full of people, and someone in there kept calling someone else stupid and other insults, i would have no problem calling that guy an asshole. because he is being one
just because this is a forum, it doesn't mean people someone get free passes for being assholes

I'm not sure what you're saying here, but Dan spends quite a bit of time insulting people and their interests as part of his heel gimmick. He's cultivating a like-minded response.

Thermal goggles and the tranq gun both kinda break MGS3 in terms of difficulty. For a first time play through its ok but for repeat playthroughs they're best ignored.

using your hands makes the game too easy, you should only play it by setting the controller on a coffee table and moving the sticks with your chin

Once Metal Gear Scanlon is over I think Drew should start a new premium series that's a little more... his speed.

I'm thinking an online FPS game night with the community. Once a week (Wednesdays?), he could hop on the PC and just play a couple games of Counter-Strike or UT. Maybe Skype Vinny in every now and again. Have Danny or Mary Kish hang out on the couch. Or have Alexis visit!

Myggen

The BLACKHOLE QL got uploaded early on GS (probably by mistake, like has happened before)

Catch it while you can.

tumblr_nhdhxu7qfN1r2nk7ro1_400.gif

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
It's so great to see Brad take up MH4U. His tastes most accurately line up with mine, and the progression has been similar, too: Dota2 > Destiny > MH4U. I would have recommended Brad play MH after Destiny, I just didn't think he actually would. As someone who is also still learning some of the basics, I hope this turns into a regular series.

Mr. F

Banned
I fought
the end
without thermals my playthrough and I preferred it that way. Way more tension.

I just got to that fight and with it being my first time playing I just saved and quit to tackle it later. Seems like it could be a long one, especially as I have no idea what to do. I'd like to try it without therms as well, seems like it goes a bit against the spirit of what makes that fight so revered in people's recollection.

YEEEEESSS! Brad gets what gets you hooked into Monster Hunter.

That half-second between you mining the resource node and the text popping up showing what you get, the little jingle when you carve or farm a material, or how you need to get just 1 more glueglopper to craft that sword. He fucking gets it.

His Destiny and Dark Soul comparisons are on point too. Jason might have made a breakthrough.

Myggen

Late to the party on this, but the DBZ QL is really good. Vinny half-remembering anime is always funny.

"He's the Johnny Cash of Dragonball Z time cops"

I just got to that fight and with it being my first time playing I just saved and quit to tackle it later. Seems like it could be a long one, especially as I have no idea what to do. I'd like to try it without therms as well, seems like it goes a bit against the spirit of what makes that fight so revered in people's recollection.

With the way people talk about it it seems like it'll take you three hours, but honestly it took me about 10-15 minutes. I don't want to reveal too much, but there are ways to track him without therms, you just have to be a little more detail oriented.

I chased that old man around the forest and suplexed him proper.

No tension but pure hilarity.

I actually managed to get the Moss Camo, which I'm real proud of. Got the Mosin too.

Zocano

Heh. Watching MGS3 Part 3 reminds me why I've always felt super eh about the series (or rather specifically MGS2 and 3). The controls are cluuuuunky. I get it, they work when you are very deliberate with inputs and know exactly how you're supposed to operate them. But that's not how I think controls should be. Fluid and natural is better and it's mostly why I've never cared much for MGS2 and 3 (and why I put Ground Zeroes at #4 on my top 10 for 2014).

Woof. It's frustrating cause I know how Drew feels and know a lot of it is just the game's really restrictive and weirdly unintuitive controls.

edit: I've played through MGS3 twice, once on normal and once on hard and have done the no-kill run on Hard. I know how it needs to be played, I just know it can (and is) better.

edit edit: I sort of wished he would have stuck to no-kills for this run but I can understand that would be highly frustrating and no super great for a first time and recorded playthrough. I always tried no-kill on my first playthroughs but I know I'm super patient and willing to retry constantly but it was still nice seeing him try to do no kills even for a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom