• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Feeling like watching a submarine movie tonight.

Since Hunt for Red October might be on GB at some point in the near future I think I will go for the actual best submarine movie.

Go Crimson Tides!

Zaph

Got a better one for you right here

N4EIEbF.jpg

Megasoum

Banned
Got a better one for you right here

Hah it's funny, I actually thought about watching it earlier this week.

Oh god dammit... My computer monitor doesn't like it when HDCP kicks in on my XB1 or PS4 (aka when I watch a bluray) and my TV is reserved for hockey tonight... I guess I'm not watching Crimson Tides.

Edit:Hmm I might watch K-19 instead...

Xater

Yeah so I know I really need to see it at least once in my life... And I really want to see it... But I don't have like 5 hours to watch a movie.

But anyway...Speaking of Das Boot... Which version is the right one to watch?

The DC is really good if you don't want to watch 5 hours. Otherwise the TV series version is clearly the best one.

Myggen

Yeah so I know I really need to see it at least once in my life... And I really want to see it... But I don't have like 5 hours to watch a movie.

But anyway...Speaking of Das Boot... Which version is the right one to watch?

I would say the feature length uncut version. IIRC it was originally conceived as a mini series, but they then decided to cut it as a movie (it might've also aired as a mini series on German TV, I'm not sure). It's over 4 and a half hours.

Xater

I would say the feature length uncut version. IIRC it was originally conceived as a mini series, but they then decided to cut it as a movie (it might've also aired as a mini series on German TV, I'm not sure). It's over 4 and a half hours.

The mini series version is available here in Germany. The version you refer to is basically the same thing it just cuts out the recaps of the episodes and puts it together as one film.

Yup!

Are any of you American fuckers able to tell me if this countdown to the PAX Royal Rumble is correct?

t1425828600z1.png

It says 11:30am, which isn't correct, but I know there's some daylight savings time or something happening over there tonight.

I think that timer has 1 hour too many.

Edit: Wait nm, I blame the fact i've been drinking. Timer is right

Hey, so I finally got around to watching that Dragon Ball Z Quick Look, and despite DBZ being the reason why I had a seething hatred for anime for over a decade (Vinny actually touched on it in regards to the Goku/Frieza stuff being stretched out forever), I'm kind of considering picking up Xenoverse. So I wanted to ask you guys, am I crazy?

Curufinwe

Hey, so I finally got around to watching that Dragon Ball Z Quick Look, and despite DBZ being the reason why I had a seething hatred for anime for over a decade (Vinny actually touched on it in regards to the Goku/Frieza stuff being stretched out forever), I'm kind of considering picking up Xenoverse. So I wanted to ask you guys, am I crazy?

It is crazy to hate a vast medium based on one show, yes.

Tamanon

Banned

I'm with you. I developed a seething hatred of video games because of Superman 64.

P4 ER continues. I like Jeff hoping for P5 to be fully voiced in all scenes. Hope he gets his wish. Heh

Yeah, I would love that.

How much voice acting did Catherine have? Obviously P5 will be a far longer game but it seems like they're going for a similar production level.

Also I had forgotten that Vincent from Catherine was voiced by Troy Baker but looking back of course he was

Hmm, okay. Is that taking into account daylight savings time tonight?

Yeah, it's right if you consider daylight savings.

That PAX panel was pretty decent. It seemed less energetic than usual, I imagine having so many conventions close together will do that

LiK

How much voice acting did Catherine have? Obviously P5 will be a far longer game but it seems like they're going for a similar production level.

Also I had forgotten that Vincent from Catherine was voiced by Troy Baker but looking back of course he was

It had quite a lot, iirc. And I totally forgot Baker was in Catherine too.

Myggen

PAX Royal Rumble question for the dedicated thread, what's the format going to be? Do we know?

I don't think they've said. Alex or Dan might be able to tell you on twitter though, or if Dan visits this thread

There will be three games played, according to Harmonix's blog. And the "contract signing" at the GB panel might give some indication.

I'm gonna keep it vague, the chaos more than the format itself is what's interesting.

Xeteh

It had quite a lot, iirc. And I totally forgot Baker was in Catherine too.

Another one of those Baker and Laura Bailey games, she voice Catherine. I also spent a good portion of that game not being able to hear War each time Orlando spoke because Liam O'Brian voiced both.

Awesome game.

Alfredo

PAX Royal Rumble question for the dedicated thread, what's the format going to be? Do we know?

There will be three games played, according to Harmonix's blog. And the "contract signing" at the GB panel might give some indication.

I'm gonna keep it vague, the chaos more than the format itself is what's interesting.

Pat Baer made a video detailing the card a while back. I'll quote myself:

Pat Baer goes over the Paxamania card here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSVxZIW4850

Match 1 is an "Invitational." 8 new-comers against each other for an invitation to the actual Royal Rumble.

Match 2 is "Grudge Match" between Samantha Kalman and Dr. Tracksuit, which was instigated at PAX South.

Then the Main Event is Dan vs Alex for the championship.

Sounds like the Rumble will probably be a PAX Prime thing and Paxamania is PAX East.

Of course, the card might've been changed since then.

This Q&A is terrible... jesus Boston.

Terrible questions redeemed by each attempt at trolling backfiring gloriously when they realized how pin point accurate Jeff is with retorts.

The stuttering mess of a human who asked that gamergate question getting shut down was a highlight.

Myggen

Terrible questions redeemed by each attempt at trolling backfiring gloriously when they realized how pin point accurate Jeff is with retorts.

The stuttering mess of a human who asked that gamergate question getting shut down was a highlight.

"Do you think there should be ethics in games journalism?"

"Nah, dawg." - Jeff

lol

Pat Baer made a video detailing the card a while back. I'll quote myself:

Of course, the card might've been changed since then.

Ah, I missed this. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom