• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've watched the 18 minute Bloodborne video and the video of Pat and Drew in Iceland already this morning, so, his twitch seems like a proper Venn Diagram.

I have no idea about Bloodborne. Never played Demon's Souls, played Dark Souls a lot on PC (but never got very far), and haven't played Dark Souls II. But, I have a PS4 and Bloodborne looks rad. Still think I need to just wait on Bloodborne and let the hardcore folks play it for the first year.

Zaph

Drew is so good at his travel stuff. I wish he'd do more.

Jeff seemed pretty confident about the travel budget during the PAX panel. With two studios now (well, soon...) it also shouldn't hurt regular content as much as it did in the past.

Really hope it pans out.

fleck0

Swery's Instagram

zUMdVoU.jpg

I have no idea about Bloodborne. Never played Demon's Souls, played Dark Souls a lot on PC (but never got very far), and haven't played Dark Souls II. But, I have a PS4 and Bloodborne looks rad. Still think I need to just wait on Bloodborne and let the hardcore folks play it for the first year.

I am torn on BB. Part of me wants to finally be part of the group of people who play it Day 1 and discover the in's and out's of the game as people hammer against it but then again I cant imagine playing one of those games without several in depth wiki's and youtube explanation videos about everything.

Jeff seemed pretty confident about the travel budget during the PAX panel. With two studios now (well, soon...) it also shouldn't hurt regular content as much as it did in the past.

Really hope it pans out.

I would love it if they finally went to Gamecom and witnessed that mess (as well as just dick around in Germany for a few days) but as long as its right around the same time as one of the other 27 PAX's I dont see it ever happening.

Alright, I bought XENOVERSE, played the first fight and it seems not terrible. Looks pretty decent on PC and runs like butter. I gravely dislike using a controller, and fortunately the keyboard and mouse controls seem pretty decent, in combat at least. There's always a concern that traditional console games ported to PC will ignore buttons like side mouse buttons, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. The problem is the walking-around-town and menu controls. Menus are arrow keys and enter only, and talking to people requires you to hit enter as well. Not game breaking by any means, but an annoyance.

Hattip for the 18 min vid link.

About Bloodborne, I just got to a point in Dark Souls where I ran into a wall against a boss that I don't think is generally known as tough. And reading that it wasn't and I was still having a problem really killed my psyche. BB might just be one of those games I'm better off catching a video every once in a while with a really cool part than fighting through myself.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I would love it if they finally went to Gamecom and witnessed that mess (as well as just dick around in Germany for a few days) but as long as its right around the same time as one of the other 27 PAX's I dont see it ever happening.
I noticed their Gamescom impressions are quite outdated by now, since they haven't been since the move to Cologne. I think Danny made that pretty obvious once. So yeah, that could be great.

Kind of off topic (or maybe on topic), but hearing Dan say that Rocky is his favorite movie series of all time and people have been trying to get Dan to watch anime, I'm honestly shocked no one has really recommended him Hajime no Ippo.

I've never seen Rocky, but I hear comparisons between the two a lot and Hajime no Ippo is fucking fantastic. Its dumb and has a lot of funny moments, but the fights are really hype/serious and just over the top enough that Dan would really like it (with his love for dumb action movies) without completely shattering his suspense of disbelief since it does draw on a lot of real life boxing techniques.

I am torn on BB. Part of me wants to finally be part of the group of people who play it Day 1 and discover the in's and out's of the game as people hammer against it but then again I cant imagine playing one of those games without several in depth wiki's and youtube explanation videos about everything.

such casul funky student!!!
i understand what you mean

I hear Patrick will be streaming BB on day 1 so it will be fun to see him play

man just listening to the OST gives me goosebumps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dvyevuCnwo

Myggen

Holy shit you guys, I've been lurking this thread for like a year and now I can actually post. Hey y'all.

Welcome!

Also yes, SWERY has the best Instagram account of all time. And his entrance to the D4 theme at PAXMANIA was the highlight of PAX for me.

LiK

currently at P4 ER ep 94 and Vinny still skipped through VO during the longer scenes. Ah well, guess he'll keep doing that for the rest of the ER, amirite? i love whenever Jeff freaks over Vinny's tactics for certain battles tho. he won't let Vinny get away with that if it meant restarting the game from save point, lol

Myggen

So did Swery announce D4 for PC at PAX or was he just hanging out

Just hanging out, from what I can see.

currently at P4 ER ep 94 and Vinny still skipped through VO during the longer scenes. Ah well, guess he'll keep doing that for the rest of the ER, amirite? i love whenever Jeff freaks over Vinny's tactics for certain battles tho. he won't let Vinny get away with that if it meant restarting the game from save point, lol

You're moving at a good pace!

Yip he will skip some VO but Jeff usually yells at him sometimes for doing it.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I finally watched PAXAMANIA and man a funny dumb ass thing that was, it was pretty awesome. I wonder if Dirty Dan Ryckert will finally get his someday.

Hattip for the 18 min vid link.

About Bloodborne, I just got to a point in Dark Souls where I ran into a wall against a boss that I don't think is generally known as tough. And reading that it wasn't and I was still having a problem really killed my psyche. BB might just be one of those games I'm better off catching a video every once in a while with a really cool part than fighting through myself.

That's why in those situations there's co-op available for everyone, if you find a boss too hard just call someone in. I know that's what i did when i couldn't kill those 2 boss dudes, there's no shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom