• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
People think the country they live in is the greatest. Shock of the century.

I seriously can't believe that Dan would hold such an unconventional, never-before-stated opinion.

Zaph

People think the country they live in is the greatest. Shock of the century.

I seriously can't believe that Dan would hold such an unconventional, never-before-stated opinion.

It's one of those non-issues that's only a controversial opinion on GAF.

Myggen

2677065-0296317138-xOeLT.jpg

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It seriously boggles my mind though. How could it be possible that a person would hold a country they grew up in, a place where they've had their formative experiences that shaped their personality, how could they possibly hold it in high regard?

Clearly he should have lived in a different country for every year of his life so he can make the definitive statement on which country is the best.

If not he's just a dumbshit jingoistic asshole obviously.

It seriously boggles my mind though. How could it be possible that a person would hold a country they grew up in, a place where they've had their formative experiences that shaped their personality, how could they possibly hold it in high regard?

Clearly he should have lived in a different country for every year of his life so he can make the definitive statement on which country is the best.

He shoulda been a weeaboo, obviously!

Even if he lived in a different countey, Our The America would be superior!

Wunder

I hate the country I was born in, America seems great

Because he doesn't know about the real greatest country in the world

Did I misheard or did Dan say on the Rocky IV commentary track that he believes America to be the greatest country in the world ?

Kenny Powers: Sure, I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is, I'm not. I honestly just feel that America is the best country and the other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

Myggen

JIMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't find anything in his recent post history that should be bannable. But yeah, there seems to have been quite a few bans in the MGS thread...

i look forward to dans specific critiques of financial reform from americas legislature

maybe frank finally explained what a mortgage was to dan

or maybe risk pricing of subprime collateralized debt obligations

So in Pneuma, why didn't they just make it so that the eyes only activated when your center target was over them?

This seems like a really easy solution for all the problems Dan was having with the mechanics of the game.

dan2026

I don't know why Drew finds Metal Gear so difficult.

Even when I played them as a kid years ago I never found them difficult in the same way he does.

Myggen

So in Pneuma, why didn't they just make it so that the eyes only activated when your center target was over them?

This seems like a really easy solution for all the problems Dan was having with the mechanics of the game.

That mechanic seems poorly thought through in general. Someone in the comments mentioned that the game works much better with VR and I can kinda see that, but when it's released even before any VR is commercially available? The game looks immensely frustrating to play.

That mechanic seems poorly thought through in general. Someone in the comments mentioned that the game works much better with VR and I can kinda see that, but when it's released even before any VR is commercially available? The game looks immensely frustrating to play.

That... still sounds super imprecise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom