• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys I've had my 3ds open for the last hour debating whether I want MH4U or Fantasy Life and it's killing me

on the one hand I don't have a N3DS or a CPP so controls will be kind of wack maybe? and I do really like Harvest Moon type games

but I mean, MH4U sounds really good..

daydream

Banned
you guys I've had my 3ds open for the last hour debating whether I want MH4U or Fantasy Life and it's killing me

on the one hand I don't have a N3DS or a CPP so controls will be kind of wack maybe? and I do really like Harvest Moon type games

fantasy life is a straight arpg with hardly any parallels to harvest moon, just fyi (i suggest reading the first post in the ot for more info)

comes highly recommended, in any case. one of the best games of last year.

monster hunting is included

Myggen

I haven't heard a single good thing about playing MH4U without a CPP. It must be clunky as hell.

Fantasy Life sucks. Super wordy and repetitive.

Frith

wow wow wow

this danswers is amazing

it's like an injection from the real world where everyone isn't terrified of getting in trouble, fuck me.

repeater

Eurovision starts soon.

Someone needs to make sure Dan watches it.
Yeah, that'll show him the error of his ways in believing that America is the greatest nation on earth..
Europe+Israel+maybe Australia I guess
is the greatest nation on earth, and the Eurovision is just the clearest manifestation of that.

Myggen

Yeah, that'll show him the error of his ways in believing that America is the greatest nation on earth..
Europe+Israel+maybe Australia I guess
is the greatest nation on earth, and the Eurovision is just the clearest manifestation of that.

Australia is in the Eurovision?!

Liamc723

Does anyone have a link to the article that Danny was talking about with the town that went crazy? Because that sounds really interesting. Or even a documentary?

Myggen

Of course it is!
It really is

When the hell did that happen? Or have I blacked out every time they've come on in previous years?

Does anyone have a link to the article that Danny was talking about with the town that went crazy? Because that sounds really interesting. Or even a documentary?

Probably this? It's what it made me think of.

The Bridgend suicide incidents are a set of suicides involving young people in Bridgend County Borough in South Wales. Reports speculated that a "cult suicide" was to blame.[1] As of February 2012, there have been seventy-nine known deaths since January 2007,[2] though police have found no evidence to link the cases together. Of 25 people who killed themselves between January 2007 and February 2009, all but one died from hanging.[3]

I thought you guys told me Drew would like this game

Also I had a job one summer where I was finding easily a dozen ticks on me every day, I had no shortage of dick ticks over that few months

repeater

Australia is in the Eurovision?!
They're in, for the first time, this year:

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?..._for_australia_at_the_eurovision_song_contest
The Australian broadcaster, SBS, announced today that multi-talented singer and ARIA Award winner Guy Sebastian will represent Australia at the 60th Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna! The performance will be a celebration of Australian music and culture and marks the first time in Eurovision history that Australia has been invited to compete at the contest as a wild card entry to celebrate 60 years of Eurovision Song Contest.
God help us all.
Guido hat uns lieb.

i want a eurovision podcast

maybe like a pre one where drew and danny sort of break it down and introduce it to dan and jeff or something and then a post one after they all watched it and talk about each act

this is my dream podcast

Myggen

I'll say this, watching Eurovision while drinking and scoring the different countries is really fun. The contest is an absolute trainwreck, but the fun kind.

Rainmaker

Banned
The only two podcasts I regularly listen to anymore are Comedy Bang Bang and the Bombcast. I go through and marathon Harmontown every few months though.

Mully

The town that went crazy?

I haven't listened to whatever was said, but I'm assuming he was talking about a town in Medieval Europe that suddenly started to dance. Everyone began to dance. People died because they were dancing for so long.

Here's the link:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_Plague_of_1518

repeater

I'll say this, watching Eurovision while drinking and scoring the different countries is really fun. The contest is an absolute trainwreck, but the fun kind.
For maximum cringability/awesomeness, watch the qualifying round. The worst trainwrecks are usually sorted out before the finals. :)

Jamie OD

I put together a Youtube playlist of all the PAX wrestling shows and promos I could find. I figured it may come in handy if the series continues.You can find it here.

def sim

That Greg guy, formerly of IGN, is good with the mic. Someone that can think that well straight from the dome is probably alright.

Myggen

Is calling someone a cunt that bad? Don't they say it willy nilly in the UK?

From what I understand it's pretty normal in at least parts of the UK, especially Scotland(?). But Australia is on another level when it comes to usage of that word, it's no big deal over there.

In the US it seems like one of the few words that still has some shock value left.

Liamc723

From what I understand it's pretty normal in at least parts of the UK, especially Scotland(?). But Australia is on another level when it comes to usage of that word, it's no big deal over there.

In the US it seems like one of the few words that still has a shock value.

Yeah, it's pretty commonly heard here in England.

Frith

there is no way that it was the c word or someones name that doesn't make any sense in the flow of the sentence.

i would guess it has to be an ism or a obia to get bleeped in that context and only a few of them would make a joke that you could see a comedian making then retracting.

mabye, unless time was edited out then who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom