• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

you guys I've had my 3ds open for the last hour debating whether I want MH4U or Fantasy Life and it's killing me

on the one hand I don't have a N3DS or a CPP so controls will be kind of wack maybe? and I do really like Harvest Moon type games

but I mean, MH4U sounds really good..

I'm with you on the Monster Hunter. I have MH3U sitting here for the Wii U and I really want to get in to it but man... I know nothing of MH games and I know no one that plays them. I know I'd like it if I got deep enough in but it just seems like a slog.

Xeteh

LOL, Jeff and Vinny were speechless when Abaddon was fused by accident. Glad I didn't miss that.

I seriously love these updates. I wonder how different that ER would have been with Jeff on the controller because there are moments when I feel he really wanted to rip it out of Vinny's hands.

Edit: Fucking double post, my bad.

LiK

I seriously love these updates. I wonder how different that ER would have been with Jeff on the controller because there are moments when I feel he really wanted to rip it out of Vinny's hands.

Edit: Fucking double post, my bad.

heh, i think Jeff would definitely play a bit faster than Vinny. Vinny does overthink some of the tactics sometimes.

Myggen

At least jimmy made it out of the MGS thread alive.

Also, seems like Bish turned up in that thread because someone basically admitted to using multiple accounts or something.

Which thread?

MGS community thread.

edit: Haha, it's really entertaining reading through the last pages of that thread.

LiK

HAHA, yes, i finally reached the part where Jeff yelled at Vinny for skipping dialogue. That dungeon was a pain and Jeff needed the dialogue. XD

self-note: ep 109

jgminto

Maybe it's time for me to watch the entire P4 ER through. I'm replaying P3 FES right now before P5 releases but I heard you aren't as unbelievably powerful at the start of P4 NG+ so it might be better to just watch that instead.

LiK

Maybe it's time for me to watch the entire P4 ER through. I'm replaying P3 FES right now before P5 releases but I heard you aren't as unbelievably powerful at the start of P4 NG+ so it might be better to just watch that instead.

play P4G. i'm pretty surprised at how much stuff is missing in the original game. they added so much awesome new scenes and events/cutscenes in Golden. it also has a lot of great new music tracks not found in the original.

jgminto

she's a super minor part of the game and you can ignore or skip like 90% of her appearances if you want to with no penalty
She's pretty minor in PQ too but that doesn't stop the screams of her tsundere pathos from being terrible.
Is the English dub of Dragonball Z as bad as it is in this DragonBall Xenoverse QL?
It's a 90's anime dub so basically yes. It seemed like the game had specific audio problems as well though.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Is the English dub of Dragonball Z as bad as it is in this DragonBall Xenoverse QL?

There are a bunch of English dubs, but...yes. I'd say a lot of it is probably worse. And they redubbed the music early on so everything sounded like what you might expect if you searched for Dynasty Warriors sound alikes in Vinny's royalty free service.

FluxWaveZ

LOL, Jeff and Vinny were speechless when Abaddon was fused by accident. Glad I didn't miss that.

There are two things I was saddened they didn't do during the run: react to Mara the one and only time it appeared, and hang out with Kanji.

Their reaction to Andras was one of the best, too.

LiK

I'd play it if I had a Vita, though some of the changes *cough* Marie *cough* don't sound too great either.

fuck the haters, Marie is fine. she fits in well with the story, imo. i don't get the hate for her at all. don't miss out on Golden. all the new scenes and music is just glorious. they're not just short new extras but full blown scenes. P4 vanilla has been feeling pretty empty without them to me. i'm happy Jeff put it on his Top Ten for 2012, hehehe

also, no need for Vita. get PSTV!

There are two things I was saddened they didn't do during the run: react to Mara the one and only time it appeared, and hang out with Kanji.

Their reaction to Andras was one of the best, too.

ohhh, do you remember when Andras happened? i skimmed through several fusion and dungeon sequences. might've missed it.

Xeteh

fuck the haters, Marie is fine. she fits in well with the story, imo. i don't get the hate for her at all. don't miss out on Golden. all the new scenes and music is just glorious. they're not just short new extras but full blown scenes. P4 vanilla has been feeling pretty empty without them to me. i'm happy

I knew I loved you LiK. Marie is awesome. My only complaint with Golden is they doubled down on Teddie's pervertedness (I know that isn't a real word) and it got old at times. Other than that... P4G is by far the best release of P4.

LiK

I knew I loved you LiK. Marie is awesome. My only complaint with Golden is they doubled down on Teddie's pervertedness (I know that isn't a real word) and it got old at times. Other than that... P4G is by far the best release of P4.

yea, that's about it but a lot of those pervy Teddie scenes were pretty hilarious. and Golden had all those extra costumes too right? they're pretty great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom