• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

repeater

In the US, it's stop talking to that person and cut them out of your life bad. It's probably up there among the worst things you can call a person.
I know this because of television.
tumblr_mwsgvkTDkt1ren6yxo1_500.jpg

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Though really, considering how much people hated that DSP MGS video, I wonder how people feel about other people paying to watch something similar.

jtar86

Well, there's also the podcasts, Demo Derby and UPF. But it'll be good when GBEast (finally) begins making some Premium stuff.
Yeah I'm really looking forward to GBeast stuff. I'm not a big fan of many of the podcast except for Danswers. Unprofessional fridays have been hit or miss lately.

Volotaire

The descent from sneaking to action was fantastic outside the
basecnext to the forest
. It was quite tense while he was sneaking around the
base
too. And I really wanted Drew to fall down the
trap doors
. I was on the edge of my seat when he nearly fell down one of those.

Darksydephil. He played through it without reading any of the text and complained the whole time. There's a summary video out there somewhere that is pretty funny.

Ah. now I think I remember this.

Well, there's also the podcasts, Demo Derby and UPF. But it'll be good when GBEast (finally) begins making some Premium stuff.
It's a good amount of content if you like Dan. At least it's not the dark days of GB premium where you got nothing but an increasingly rote Happy Hour.

Happy Hour was the best god damn thing on the internet. The golden days of Tested.com

It had its moments. But it became increasingly stale and rote as it went on, and GB wasn't producing much premium content outside of it. Back then, being a subscriber was a pretty shitty deal.

And of course it was the nightmarish period of endless puppy jokes.

Volotaire

It's a bit of a shame Drew didn't walk into the other area before seeing The End. I think there was an extra useful weapon there. But it looks like he's enjoying the game much more in this episode.

EDIT: I spoke too soon

Dany

Banned
I have not listened to the last two weeks of danswers because Dan was too 'normal guy stuff' for my liking. Is it better?

Also MGS scanlon is the only videos I'm watching lol havn't seen a quick look in weeks.

sueil

I really hate metal gear scanlon 3. Drew running around with an assault rifle avoiding all codecs and optional stuff is not enjoyable.

Myggen

Yeah, really enjoyed this episode, a lot better than the two previous ones. And this series again proves that it's pretty much impossible for the "expert" in these playthroughs to walk the line between letting the novice play and giving advice, even when it comes to just pointing out easter eggs. Damned if you do damned if you don't, I guess.

Never imagined that walking through that building in a disguise would be that difficult. Literally takes five minutes max and no effort to be stealthy whatsoever. :lol

Jesus Christ at least it was funny.

LiK

Original Chie's terrible delivery is the reason Original Chie is Best Chie. It's like a half dozen lines in the game were recorded by stitching together syllables from other lines.

oof, no way. it's fun for a laugh but it's so terrible overall. OG Chie voice is so flat during all the group scenes. I'm glad they recast her for Golden. I loved her in Golden all because of Fitzgerald's performance.

Megasoum

Banned
Brad, don't mention Ori at all for the next 9 months and then drop that fire on the GOTY podcast.

Ah, you mean like Luftrausers? The game they played once on quicklook saying "Heh, it's kinda cool!" and then never talks about it for the next 10 months until the GOTY talks where it's suddenly fight for the top spot?

Biggest wtf moment of the last GOTY talks for me.

newjeruse

Ah, you mean like Luftrausers? The game they played once on quicklook saying "Heh, it's kinda cool!" and then never talks about it for the next 10 months until the GOTY talks where it's suddenly fight for the top spot?

Biggest WTF moment was Jeff trashing Destiny, then saying it was probably one of the ten best games of the year.

Myggen

Well, it didn't make the top 10 and Jeff clearly loved that game and played it quite a bit. It's not surprising that he didn't talk much about it throughout the year because it's not really a game that lends itself to much discussion outside of "it feels great to play and here's why".

Biggest WTF moment was Jeff trashing Destiny, then saying it was probably one of the ten best games of the year.

Difference between being disappointed in a game and saying it's bad (he has always praised its mechanics, for example). Even in his rant he's more talking about how disappointing it was compared to what he hoped for and the sheer potential of it, not that the game itself was trash. But that stuff was more Brad wearing everyone else down, I think :p

Difference between being disappointed in a game and saying it's bad. Even in his rant he's more talking about how disappointing it was compared to what he hoped for and the sheer potential of it, not that the game itself was trash. But that stuff was more Brad wearing everyone else down, I think :p

Nah, Jeff has outright called it a bad game a bunch of times, including in 2015. His turn in favor of Destiny in the GOTY votes was the most mind boggling thing since Ryan voting for Skyrim.

I actually liked Destiny, but Jeff tried to have his cake and eat it too. If you want to rant about how bad a game is for hours, and then vote it as one of the 10 best games of the year, you should be called out for it.

Myggen

Nah, Jeff has outright called it a bad game a bunch of times, including in 2015.. His turn in favor of Destiny in the GOTY votes was the most mind boggling thing since Ryan voting for Skyrim.

I actually liked Destiny, but Jeff tried to have his cake and eat it too.

That's more Jeff hyperbole. Even in his rant he doesn't trash the game, just talks about how dissapointing it is. "Destiny is a load of bullshit" has to be seen in the context of the rant being about how disappointing it, not that it's bad in itself. He never really rants about it being bad because he clearly loved the mechanics, liked how it looked, but that it was extremely disappointing because of the lack of content and variety, especially coming from Bungie with a huge budget.

But sure, from what he'd said of the game it didn't deserve to be on a top 10 (and it wasn't on his personal list), but it wasn't shocking to me that he'd pretty easily go with Brad in that discussion. Not anything close to Ryan voting for Skyrim, which was a huge WTF moment.

LiK

That's more Jeff hyperbole. Even in his rant he doesn't trash the game, just talks about how dissapointing it is. "Destiny is a load of bullshit" has to be seen in the context of the rant being about how disappointing it, not that it's bad in itself. He never really rants about it being bad because he clearly loved the mechanics, liked how it looked, but that it was extremely disappointing because of the lack of content and variety, especially coming from Bungie with a huge budget.

But sure, from what he'd said of the game it didn't deserve to be on a top 10 (and it wasn't on his personal list), but it wasn't shocking to me that he'd pretty easily go with Brad in that discussion. Not anything close to Ryan voting for Skyrim, which was a huge WTF moment.

it made no sense. Ryan didn't even play it. I'll never understand that decision.

swimbuff

Hello folks, newish member here, longtime lurker and even longertime fan of the site. Thought since I spend hours a week reading this thread, might as well start posting in it.

Anyway looking at the OP I think thread title should have been 'giant bemb "dot com"'.

Though really, considering how much people hated that DSP MGS video, I wonder how people feel about other people paying to watch something similar.

It's only similar in that he's kinda stumbling his way through the game. He's not really complaining about the controls or anything, he's just not great at it. Much less annoying than DSP.

I'm kinda falling off on the series now.

Hello folks, newish member here, longtime lurker and even longertime fan of the site. Thought since I spend hours a week reading this thread, might as well start posting in it.

Anyway looking at the OP I think thread title should have been 'giant bemb "dot com"'.

hi

yer a giant bemb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom