• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

daydream

Banned
Any of you guys playing Helldivers? Thinking about getting it on Vita and would love to play co-op with non-randoms.

(I know I wasn't too hot on it during UPF but the QL put it back on my radar.)

I bought it and have played a bunch on PS4. Can't speak to Vita. The game itself is fun and frantic as hell, especially on the higher difficulties, but getting groups together is a MESS. 80% of the time there is some menu/UI issue that says my friends aren't in games when they are, or it fails to join them, or it says that there are only 1 of 4 players in the game when there are 3.

Ketch

Others say it's fine, I dunno. I asked in the OT but been ignored so far.

I know it's essentially 'always online' which sucks but.. I got that itch.

Let's dive into hell together. If only I could get ahold of Jimbo.

Im playing on the vita. thers been no noticeable frame rate issues for me even in 4 player coop. you can play without online... but its not fun. think left 4 dead, you wouldnt play this single player either.

biggest issue with the game is connecting to others online. constant disconnects. it works less then it should and its super frustrating

Zaph

I think at this point it's probably more accurate to say Dan has broken him.

Broke him with Mario Party, broke him by beating Tyson in half an hour, broke him with back to back Kojima...

iUmfVah.jpg

Damn it, drew is going to finish MGS3 without seeing the majority of the codec convos. Those are some of the best in the whole series

I only really explored all the codec conversations on my third playthrough. I don't really expect Drew to hunker down and talk to Sigint about every piece of equipment in his inventory. But I would enjoy it.

Fjordson

Damn it, drew is going to finish MGS3 without seeing the majority of the codec convos. Those are some of the best in the whole series
Yeah, I wished they used the codec more. Same goes for the MGS 2 play through. I was always calling people when I played these.

I'm guessing it's just tougher to think about all that when you have to talk and be on camera.

Zebetite

Banned
The number of strange ideas these two have come up with to get around the fact that they missed a staircase and have never come back to it is kind of astounding.

The scientist isn't going to tell them what they want to know. Calling Major Zero twenty times isn't going to either.

LiK

Yeah, I wished they used the codec more. Same goes for the MGS 2 play through. I was always calling people when I played these.

I'm guessing it's just tougher to think about all that when you have to talk and be on camera.

Yea, not great for their LP unless it's totally ridiculous conversations. I'm sure Drew just wants to play the game more than sitting and listening to the codec convos.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

I never used the codec unless somebody was calling me in MGS2 or 3. I didn't even know what Dan was talking about when he said Drew should be calling people all the time, had no idea why you would even think to do that.

Myggen

Mark my words - history will judge that game as overrated with un-fun combat.

Any day now...

RE4 is absolutely fantastic, but going back to it last year the combat does feel dated to me. I guess I'm just too used to being able to move and shoot now or something.

Still, one of my favourite games of all time.

edit: Wow, this week is actually a fantastic week for games. I need to start following upcoming releases more closely.

Patryn

RE4 is absolutely fantastic, but going back to it last year the combat does feel dated to me. I guess I'm just too used to being able to move and shoot now or something.

Still, one of my favourite games of all time.

edit: Wow, this week is actually a fantastic week for games. I need to start following upcoming releases more closely.

The problem with going back to RE4 is the same problem most innovative games have: Later games took the ball and ran with it much further. What was ground-breaking then is mundane now.

Patryn

I haven't been following the game, but I feel like a hell of a lot of people on GAF are convinced that Codename STEAM is going to be terrible.

What is leading everyone to that conclusion? The art style?

daydream

Banned
I haven't been following the game, but I feel like a hell of a lot of people on GAF are convinced that Codename STEAM is going to be terrible.

What is leading everyone to that conclusion? The art style?

Hm, it's a minority but yeah, some people aren't too hot on the artstyle.

I had some issues with the demo but I'm still expecting it to be a good game, albeit with some wasted potential. I doubt my problems with the AI, writing and turn speed will be addressed in the full version, the demo seemed pretty final in that regard. But yeah, who knows.

Seventy70

I love it when people say "GiantBomb said something bad about my favorite game so I don't listen anymore. Stubborn, narrow minded blah blah blah."
It's like they just can't accept that not everyone likes their precious game. They also feel like mentioning that in the most random threads.

Chuck

Still without luck
"i wish there was a gun like the tranq gun"

"oh there is it's the tranq gun"

"really?"

"yeah"

<PROCEEDS TO ATTEMPT TO PISTOL SOMEONE IN THE FACE STARTING ANOTHER GOD DAMN FUCKING ALERT>

god fucking dammit

Man, I wonder how Drew is going to react when he gets to
The Sorrow.
Haven't even gotten there, but guaranteed best episode of the series.

LiK

I love it when people say "GiantBomb said something bad about my favorite game so I don't listen anymore. Stubborn, narrow minded blah blah blah."
It's like they just can't accept that not everyone likes their precious game. They also feel like mentioning that in the most random threads.

yea, people need to accept other opinions. the GB crew has very diverse tastes so hating the entire site for one or two opinions of a game makes no sense.

that would result in me living in a world where the only people I listen to would be ones who have nothing bad to say about mid-tier jrpgs

just try to imagine that hellscape

Megasoum

Banned
Yeah... I'm no MGS expert or anything (I never even played past the Virtuous Mission in MGS3) but I realized this morning near the end of the episode that I was really missing Demo Derby...

Why would he look at Dark Souls 2 DLC right now?
The Evil Within
Although I am surprised they never looked at the Dark Souls 2 dlc. Guess everyone abandoned the game.
I've learned to accept that the giantbomb crew will hate interesting, complex games and never explain why. Or complain that they aren't coddled.

"i wish there was a gun like the tranq gun"

"oh there is it's the tranq gun"

"really?"

"yeah"

<PROCEEDS TO ATTEMPT TO PISTOL SOMEONE IN THE FACE STARTING ANOTHER GOD DAMN FUCKING ALERT>

god fucking dammit

Drew is really botching up this run. I hate to say it, but this episode was almost at DSP levels of bad.

Patryn

I'm just curious if people will get upset when GB all but ignores Pillars of Eternity. I would actually almost be a little surprised if it rated a QL, but I think that really depends on Vinny, as he's the only one would likely bother.

Doesn't help that Bloodbourne comes out the same week (same day?).

Zaph

I'm just curious if people will get upset when GB all but ignores Pillars of Eternity. I would actually almost be a little surprised if it rated a QL, but I think that really depends on Vinny, as he's the only one would likely bother.

Would really like to see Rorie do an all-day stream of that - similar to the old Greg Elder Scrolls videos.

He worked at Obsidian don't ya' know?

2 days after Bloodbourne

Also Matt Damon Is in bloodbourne confirmed

KingKong

It's weird to read the comments before watching the MGS3 videos because they totally seem blown out of proportion. To me, this is by far the best series to watch, MGS1 and 2 was pretty much linear gameplay and watching a ton of cutscenes and this is all spontaneous moments. I know people want them to listen to codecs and stuff, but why, just so that you can hear them laugh at all the goofy stuff? they might as well watch a youtube montage of them after then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom