• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volotaire

I thought the last two episodes of MGS3 have been fantastic. Drew has been able to express himself a bit more with less Dan intervention with still the same number of silly moments. I

Myggen

Man, Ori and the Blind Forest really looks like it's something special.

edit:

Jeff GerstmannVerified @jeffgerstmann

Got one of these, so once we get done playing Mario Party 4-9, I guess we'll have to crack this open.

B_wNZWhU0AAeNLE.jpg

I would've allowed it if Drew figured out that sniping moment with The End. But otherwise, he's gotta go through it the legit way like the rest of us did that first time.

I'm gonna go ahead and defend Drew getting lost in that lab building. There is something really strange about the layout to that place, and as someone who's played that game like, hundreds of times, I still get kind of turned around in there.

He's supposed to be looking for the OTHER staircase, right? The one that leads you down to the opposite side of the jail door?

Frith

ori and the blind forest quicklook
skip the fist 12 mins if think you want to play the game
as they say them selfs its like watching the intro to a Miyazaki film... but with some dudes talking over it.

i get thats the point but this game looks amazing and i wish i could have had a bit more willpower and just looked at the gameplay section

PensOwl

Banned
I really wish drew would call the others on the codec more often, the codec calls are some of the best parts of mgs3 and from the little we've seen of them both Drew and Dan seem to enjoy them. Especially paramedic

Whoops didn't realize this has been covered to death already

Also paramedic movie codec > paramedic food codec

Quentyn

edit:

Yup, I skipped the intro, watched the first few minutes of the gameplay and was sold. Gonna pick it up on Steam tomorrow.

rorie and the blind forest seems damn good

hope the console exclusivity doesn't last for too long

Microsoft funded and published afaik. I don't think this will appear on any other console.

Nachos

This list contains some good suggestions that isn't on my list!
I use QL Crew to find old UPF episodes where they played games I have been interested in. It's a valuable resource. Sometimes I just pick random episodes.
Sorry for the late reply, but neat. Thanks!

edit:
I just realized I'll be able to watch the Mario Party Party videos instead of watching the highlight reels. Is it still worth watching them? MPP3 seemingly broke a lot of the guys playing.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
ori and the blind forest quicklook
skip the fist 12 mins if think you want to play the game
as they say them selfs its like watching the intro to a Miyazaki film... but with some dudes talking over it.

i get thats the point but this game looks amazing and i wish i could have had a bit more willpower and just looked at the gameplay section
I never really got why they don't just shut up for a 3 minute intro. They do that a lot and often they actually miss important stuff themselves during those moments.

edit: The game is made in Unity by the way and I just learned that Hearthstone is, too!

Myggen

I just realized I'll be able to watch the Mario Party Party videos instead of watching the highlight reels. Is it still worth watching them? MPP3 seemingly broke a lot of the guys playing.

MPP1 and 2 is some of my absolute favourite content on the site ever, so that's worth watching. MPP3 is not up there with the first two, but I think it's worth watching for sure. There's people in this thread who'll disagree with me on MPP3 though.

At least when Dan champions a bad Devil May Cry game he doesn't do it by throwing old DMC under the bus and accusing me of just being mad about Dante's hair so I 100% endorse Dan's tweet about DmC: Devil May Cry and wish all the best to anyone who buys it today.

"You don't like the new DMC? You're just a crybaby fucking loser."

well thanks, games media, keep on getting SSS ranks just by being thorough

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I haven't seen Van Halen's "Right Now" music video in two decades and I can no longer tell whether I'm thinking of the music video or the Crystal Pepsi ad when I remember what I think is the Right Now video. I haven't really cared enough to bother looking either one up. The Crystal Pepsi Van Halen ads were real, right? Black and white, people holding paper with words written on it? I think? Was this just the video? Did somebody in the Van Halen video drink a Crystal Pepsi? Am I remembering way too much or way too little of these two clips I last saw before I was ten years old?

hamchan

Y'know, Dan was told by angry people not to tell Drew what to do and I respect that he's following it. If that includes Drew not codexing much, going Rambo, or getting lost inside a building for half an hour, then I'm completely fine with that. I find it all hilarious either way.

(Rambo is how I do it the first time I play any MGS.)

Dazzler

just watching the PAX stream from Friday and it really was an incredibly awkward questions and answers session

The guy with the ethics in games journalism question, serious lol

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Yeah let drew just do his thing.

I don't mean this as an insidious remark, but if he's not interested enough to call people on the codec or whatever, it's not like telling him what to do will make it more enjoyable to watch. It is what it is at this point.

I'm still enjoying it; there's plenty of good moments. I just kinda tune out during parts when it's clear that he's not having fun or getting to grips with the gameplay.

Myggen

Yeah let drew just do his thing.

I don't mean this as an insidious remark, but if he's not interested enough to call people on the codec or whatever, it's not like telling him what to do will make it more enjoyable to watch. It is what it is at this point.

I'm still enjoying it; there's plenty of good moments. I just kinda tune out during parts when it's clear that he's not having fun or getting to grips with the gameplay.

I don't remember him going much to the codecs except when he needed help or Dan told him to in the first two games either,

Mikey Jr.

Hey guys, this might be tough to find, but I hope someone can help.

Ok, on Unprofessional Fridays: 02/22/2013 (17:30), Jeff talks about a quicklook he did with Ryan from developer Gungho, a F2P game that was released on XBLA. Jeff described it as a fart going back into an asshole, but unfortunately could not remember the name.

Anyone know what that game was? Cant find it at all.

Oh hush. Being a comedian isn't something you can just turn on or off.

I'm saying it's hard to keep a comedian from being a comedian

Hey guys, this might be tough to find, but I hope someone can help.

Ok, on Unprofessional Fridays: 02/22/2013 (17:30), Jeff talks about a quicklook he did with Ryan from developer Gungho, a F2P game that was released on XBLA. Jeff described it as a fart going back into an asshole, but unfortunately could not remember the name.

Anyone know what that game was? Cant find it at all.

what's your avatar from

I'm guessing chrono trigger or some snes shit but I can't tell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom