• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Drew didn't seem to not care about MGS, he was actively frustrated. That sucks.
RE4 is absolutely fantastic, but going back to it last year the combat does feel dated to me. I guess I'm just too used to being able to move and shoot now or something.
I played RE4 for the first time last year and it was amazing.

Wunder

It's weird to read the comments before watching the MGS3 videos because they totally seem blown out of proportion. To me, this is by far the best series to watch, MGS1 and 2 was pretty much linear gameplay and watching a ton of cutscenes and this is all spontaneous moments. I know people want them to listen to codecs and stuff, but why, just so that you can hear them laugh at all the goofy stuff? they might as well watch a youtube montage of them after then

Yeah, that's my feeling as well. I'm someone who is watching without having played any MGS games and I don't think them just sitting there going through dialogue for 5-10 minutes is that great, especially since Drew doesn't seem that into it anyway. If it's for the really random/hilarious stuff then it'd probably be better to just watch a video of it or something.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I love it when people say "GiantBomb said something bad about my favorite game so I don't listen anymore. Stubborn, narrow minded blah blah blah."
It's like they just can't accept that not everyone likes their precious game. They also feel like mentioning that in the most random threads.
In a way they made me more accepting of opinions on games.

good man, fun game

Definitely.

I mean, it's not like RE4 invented third person shooters and then other games improved on it. There were plenty of third person shooters with moving and shooting before RE4 (I want to say just about every third person shooter I played before RE4), so if that particular mechanic felt good back then I don't know why it wouldn't feel good now.

The pacing in that game is some of the best I've ever seen.

LiK

Definitely.

I mean, it's not like RE4 invented third person shooters and then other games improved on it. There were plenty of third person shooters with moving and shooting before RE4 (I want to say just about every third person shooter I played before RE4), so if that particular mechanic felt good back then I don't know why it wouldn't feel good now.

first game to do over the shoulder. pretty revolutionary back when it first came out. now every friggin' action game copies it, lol

- J - D -

"i wish there was a gun like the tranq gun"

"oh there is it's the tranq gun"

"really?"

"yeah"

<PROCEEDS TO ATTEMPT TO PISTOL SOMEONE IN THE FACE STARTING ANOTHER GOD DAMN FUCKING ALERT>

god fucking dammit

Haha. I love Drew's attempts at MGS. It's maddening and hilarious.

Watching MGScanlon reminds me of one of my favorite Ryan Davis quotes, during Breaking Brad Doom II, with Patrick and Alexis:

Ryan: "Sometimes It's like watching a fish play Doom II."
Patrick: (laughs) "What does that entail?"
Ryan: "That they always immediately forget what just happened."

Watch a clip of that moment here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FYU6eEx_anM#t=201

I love it when people say "GiantBomb said something bad about my favorite game so I don't listen anymore. Stubborn, narrow minded blah blah blah."
It's like they just can't accept that not everyone likes their precious game. They also feel like mentioning that in the most random threads.

I'm surprised most of the games that causes them to get such heat are games i personally don't give a fuck about or hated so..

RE4
Yoshi
Majora
Zelda
Metro 2033
etc

*shrug*

Zebetite

Banned
At least when Dan champions a bad Devil May Cry game he doesn't do it by throwing old DMC under the bus and accusing me of just being mad about Dante's hair so I 100% endorse Dan's tweet about DmC: Devil May Cry and wish all the best to anyone who buys it today.

Patryn

Not the greatest episode of MGScanlon... I expected someone as precise as Drew to be more methodical in his approach, but nope.

Something he talked about in the production panel at PAX East is how you can mentally prepare all you want, but as soon as the camera turns on it all goes out the window.

Zebetite

Banned
I think a big part of Drew getting as trigger-happy as he does is he still doesn't quite seem to realize (at least all the time) that Caution =/= Alert. So he'll either wait out an entire Caution phase (which takes a very long time by design because you arent supposed to wait it out-- and thus waiting it out makes for bad video) or just say "Fuck it they've already found me" and go Rambo.

Like, a good indication was in the lab basement at one point. He's on Caution with 20 seconds left and decides to throw a grenade towards the guards instead of reverting to stealth mode.

So he'll either wait out an entire Caution phase (which takes a very long time by design because you arent supposed to wait it out-- and thus waiting it out makes for bad video) or just say "Fuck it they've already found me" and go Rambo.

He's on Caution with 20 seconds left and decides to throw a grenade towards the guards instead of reverting to stealth mode.
I'm surprised he hasn't tried the fake death pill at all to get out of certain situations.

I hope we can get a quick look for Cities: Skylines. I've been playing the game for about an hour and it's awesome.

I saw a video today of someone playing and they made their sewage output and water intake a continuous circle and everybody got sick and went to the hospital and that's when I knew that game kind of ruled

One imagines it's a situation like a new game launch where they have many new players coming in to do the heists so the servers are getting overloaded. I played GTA Online for a few hours last week without issue.

Aerocrane

I saw a video today of someone playing and they made their sewage output and water intake a continuous circle and everybody got sick and went to the hospital and that's when I knew that game kind of ruled

I like how the different systems of your city are connected. If you have citizens die and hearses can't reach the buildings fast enough, diseases begin to spread and buildings become abandoned.

Yeah, but there was nothing to do in it.
GTA online seemed to just take the ideas from the Red Dead multiplayer and throw on even more grinding, that's not to say Red Dead had great multiplayer but it was easy enough to access all the content and goof around. I did enjoy playing poker online in Red Dead, it's a shame that they put it behind paid dlc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom