• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

BanGy.nz

Banned
Giant Bomb #13 | a while ago on the bombcast you had an email from someone from oyster bay and as soon as you read that vinny went "oyster bay", and jeff followed along. One of my coworkers is from oyster bay and he doesn't know what you're talking about so I was just wondering where that came from?

This is clearly a vote for Giant Bomb #13 | Don't watch the Q&A

Giant Bomb |OT13| After that last thread how do we make this thread not look like a dumbass?

Giant Bomb |OT14| What?

Giant Bomb |OT15| After that last thread how do we make this thread not look like a dumbass?

Giant Bomb |OT16| What?

Giant Bomb |OT17| After that last thread how do we make this thread not look like a dumbass?

Giant Bomb |OT18| What?

Giant Bomb |OT19| ARE YOU FUCKING WITH ME?

Giant Bomb |OT20| What?

LiK

P4 ER update: I love that Jeff said he felt guilty that they're checking a guide on getting all the questions right etc. Hehe, we've all been there Jeff-kun.

hamchan

Watched the panel and I found the Q&A pretty funny just for Jeff and Vinny's savage responses to the horrible questions.

Yknow, maybe they should keep doing Q&A because there is some enjoyment found in seeing them just crap on the awful questions. I loved seeing Eric Pope get in on that too.

Zaph

I've seen that video before. Is it real or some guy's vfx reel? At one point it really looks like a mouth/skull screaming.

Myggen

I've seen that video before. Is it real or some guy's vfx reel? At one point it really looks like a mouth/skull screaming.

I'm on #teamCG with that one, especially when you watch the video. Looks like some viral marketing or something.

The Break logo on the video brings me back.

kvk1

how can you not be enthralled by hot knife

That song especially. It just sounds a little to kitchy. It only picks up towards the end.

Hey, it's all subjective though! I will readily admit that the "worst" Fapple song is better than a majority of the stuff out there in the same genre.

Best to worst: WTP, EM, Tidal, TIW.

def sim

Remember, this is a sneaking mission.

drewsnakehcsm6.gif

Indeed.

Corgi

Banned
still don't get why Drew is getting destroyed by MGS3 so much.

you can literally crawl through most of the game with camo on.

wonder how he's gonna get the lieutenant's outfit.

Zebetite

Banned
Good way to get me to tune out whatever you're saying about video games: insist that a game that lots of people enjoy playing has "bad controls" like they're fucking savants

Brad's right: Jason ought to be here.

Good way to get me to tune out whatever you're saying about video games: insist that a game that lots of people enjoy playing has "bad controls" like they're fucking savants

Brad's right: Jason ought to be here.

Are they talking about Monster Hunter? They must be talking about Monster Hunter.

Liamc723

I don't know what to think about Ori. Yeah it looks great, but I am completely bored of 2D side-scrollers. I doubt I'll be picking it up no matter how great it is honestly.

Zebetite

Banned
Are they talking about Monster Hunter? They must be talking about Monster Hunter.

Yes. But don't get me wrong-- I don't even give a shit about Monster Hunter. I played Freedom Unite for a bit and didn't get into it and haven't touched the series since. It's just that one specific criticism sets me off like a firework because it's the exact reason every game has the same gosh darn control scheme these days.

At some point it was universally decreed that if a game has an unorthodox control scheme that takes more than five minutes to orient yourself to, it has "bad controls." We've lost so many different types and sub-types of games to this line of thinking. I would gladly trade one shitty open-world batman-combat action adventure game per year for something with a crazy and complicated control scheme that players can really dig into like Monster Hunter, even if it isn't necessarily a game that I myself spend much time with.

Let me just pour a 40 for the Classic Resident Evils of the world, for the PS2-era Metal Gear Solids of the world, for the God Hands of the world, for the Metroid Primes of the world, for the F-Zeroes of the world, for the Jet Set Radios of the world, etc. Brb y'all.

Myggen

I'm not sure if I want to pour it out for the classic RE games and similar tank control, those games were great at the time but always controlled like shit. I wouldn't play a game like RE2 with normal controls because that breaks the game, but I think it's obvious why something like that wouldn't fly today: It just controls badly. I'm all for some different control schemes, but tank controls died a natural and deserved death.

LiK

P4 ER update: the whole pageant and group date part was as good as i hoped. they had the same reactions as me, hahaha

kingocfs

I don't know what to think about Ori. Yeah it looks great, but I am completely bored of 2D side-scrollers. I doubt I'll be picking it up no matter how great it is honestly.

I'm in this boat as well. I'll probably at least wait until it's cheap, but the genre is doing nothing for me right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom