• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a boss you can kill in uh,w hat is it, Brazil to make that a joke?

Explain. I have not heard about this.

I'll put it in spoilers for people who haven't played it yet.

If you tranq the boss at the end of the fight when she's out of the laughing octopus form and just in her plug suit, you'll get a special face camo that's basically just her face after the fight and if you use it in chapter 3, none of the guards or anyone will stop/spot you. You can just walk behind him the entire chapter and there's no consequence for it.

I'll put it in spoilers for people who haven't played it yet.

If you tranq the boss at the end of the fight when she's out of the laughing octopus form and just in her plug suit, you'll get a special face camo that's basically just her face after the fight and if you use it in chapter 3, none of the guards or anyone will stop/spot you. You can just walk behind him the entire chapter and there's no consequence for it.

Ooooooooh. Neat, didn't know you can do that.

......wait why does a
face camo
give you boobs

....That's even more stupid, and I love MGS. ._. dumb guards.

tumblr_m3t8y9wO4L1qjoqfd.gif

Its ok to love it.

Jintor

I just got to the part of the Bombcast where Drew emphatically states that he's enjoying MGS3. y'all overreacting.

Then Brad and Jeff who maybe spent 30 minutes between them playing the game said it controls bad and I'm literally throwing things across the room god damn it people we've been playing video games our entire lives the internet is my perpetual hate machine

ok im good

mgs3 controls like ass

it just controls like less ass than most of the other mgs games

I did the first heist twice, make about 220k. Did one set up for the next one. I actually like it. The setups missions have been ok and I like having everyone with different objectives.

jgminto

MGS has never played really well until Ground Zeroes imo.

That's the first time I've ever played a metal gear game where the gameplay was the best part.
GZ might have had the simplest controls of the series but the actual gameplay itself was completely hollow compared to almost every other entry. There's zero room for experimentation in the game, the best part of 3 and 4 specifically is being able to do so much with the tools you have, the AI and environments. In GZ you can do little more than shoot and cqc people.

GZ might have had the simplest controls of the series but the actual gameplay itself was completely hollow compared to almost every other entry. There's zero room for experimentation in the game, the best part of 3 and 4 specifically is being able to do so much with the tools you have, the AI and environments. In GZ you can do little more than shoot and cqc people.

Its not just about how much you can do with the gameplay. Its the responsive of the controls and the sneaking around and how much better just moving around feels in general. Its been streamlined in the best possible way you can streamline something.

I still found plenty more to do than just shoot and cqc, but of course its not like we're gonna get the full package of stuff to do until Phantom Pain anyway.

Jintor

MGS 3 controls great if you don't suck

Jintor sucks

wb Jintor <3

jintor used to be cool and now he's the lamest lame who ever did lame >:/

hey babes

i can't tell you the amount of time in every metal gear game i've spent falling off and then getting back onto a box for no apparent reason

ground zeroes definitely the best feeling so far, and you can grenade a jeep into a sentry watchtower, so it's okay

no snakes though (har-har)

Giant Bomb |OT13| Hey you're an idiot for liking Monster Hunter

EDIT: I think Dan has condemned himself to a premium feature named "Hey you're an idiot for liking Monster Hunter featuring Dan Ryckert" where Jason forces him to like it.

valeo

Don't care about video production, but still found that panel with Murray/Vinny/Drew/Jason/GamespotDrew pretty good.

Questions slightly better than the Giantbomb panel!

Don't care about video production, but still found that panel with Murray/Vinny/Drew/Jason/GamespotDrew pretty good.

Questions slightly better than the Giantbomb panel!

If someone tossed a dead rat onto the table it would generate better conversation than the Q&A at the panel.

Volotaire

I think I'l give MH4 a try when I get a N3DS in the summer. I tried the M3H demo on Wii U and was perplexed by the movement, combat style and systems.

repeater

Giant Bomb #13 | Some Asshole Cat

I really liked the MH discussion on the podcast this week. I don't think I've ever heard Dan be so genuinely frustrated with a game before - sure he'll say that something's "stupid" or "a piece of shit" every now and then, but this time I felt he was genuinely ANGRY at the game. You could tell Brad really enjoyed the discussion too. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom