• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

GavinGT

Banned
Has there been a bunch of Metroidvanias that I've missed that have led to you guys being put off the genre?

I just don't enjoy exploration from a 2D sidescrolling perspective any more. After experiencing fully 3D worlds, I can't go back. It doesn't feel immersive.

SWERY has been tagging all his photos today with #thanksobama

i dunno, i mean, maybe gbeast should hire him

IkjbOtl.png

he reminds me of jeff goldblum

Jason is pissed about Dan's MonHun comments on Bombcast, heh

https://twitter.com/unastrike/status/575489692424011776

The fact that Dan took it on the plane with no guides/people/etc. to help him understand anything pretty much guaranteed he'd completely hate it. I don't care for the game myself either. I liked the time I spent with Freedom Wars and Soul Sacrifice Delta more.

Also because it just doesn't seem like his kind of game, even if he did really enjoy WoW.

Mully

I screamed, "fuck me," and paused the video after hearing that one person thank the guys for keeping up the site after July 2013. I really want to skip this guy's question.

Do people bring Ryan up at panels just because they want to show they sympathize with the crew, or are they looking for catharsis by bringing him up, or is it something else entirely?

swimbuff

Giant Bomb #13 | Walmart Bought Personalities

I like this one.

Bummed myself out a little bit thinking of the Hotline Miami quicklook. Ryan's gleeful joy of discovery at the ultraviolence unfolding before him was something special. I think I want to rewatch that now in anticipation of the QL for HM2.

So my guess it's Brad/Dan for the HM2 QL. I'd like to hear Dan's thoughts on the soundtrack since I remember him dismissing electronic music as just some "techno crap."

Liamc723

I just don't enjoy exploration from a 2D sidescrolling perspective any more. After experiencing fully 3D worlds, I can't go back. It doesn't feel immersive.

Yup, pretty much this.

Just people placing all 2d side scrollers in the same basket.

Well they all have very similar mechanics and the 2D view just doesn't do it for me anymore, thus I get no excitement out of them.

Zebetite

Banned
I just got to the part of the Bombcast where Drew emphatically states that he's enjoying MGS3. y'all overreacting.

Then Brad and Jeff who maybe spent 30 minutes between them playing the game said it controls bad and I'm literally throwing things across the room god damn it people we've been playing video games our entire lives the internet is my perpetual hate machine

ok im good

LiK

I just got to the part of the Bombcast where Drew emphatically states that he's enjoying MGS3. y'all overreacting.

Drew's a good guy. there were times where it looked like he was frustrated in MGS1 and 2. so any frustrations in 3 is expected.

I think Drews enjoying MGS3. Hes' uninhibited by Dan or mission shit and what not and really just gunning through it. I don't get the impression that he hates it at all. And granted, they don't really tell you how to get through the lab until you're knee deep in radio calls and you learn about interrogating.

Zebetite

Banned
I think Drews enjoying MGS3. Hes' uninhibited by Dan or mission shit and what not and really just gunning through it. I don't get the impression that he hates it at all. And granted, they don't really tell you how to get through the lab until you're knee deep in radio calls and you learn about interrogating.

No, that's the thing. You don't need to call anyone or interrogate anyone. That was just a comedy of errors that escalated from them missing a staircase.

There is a completely un-obscured staircase near the entrance to the lab that they did not descend and have not found since they entered. You go down the stairs and proceed through a few rooms and then the game progresses.

No, that's the thing. You don't need to call anyone or interrogate anyone. That was just a comedy of errors that escalated from them missing a staircase.

There is a completely un-obscured staircase near the entrance to the lab that they did not descend and have not found since they entered. You go down the stairs and proceed through a few rooms and then the game progresses.

Really? I didn't see shit. And when I call back to that moment, that area bugged me too. I just agree with Drews feelings, that area is...weird.

From the outside MGS4 seemed to be the best playing until GZ came out? Is it better but still bad?
None of the MGS games past 1 play bad but 4 in particular has very accessible controls. Controls like most modern stealth games(ie, you can also play it as a pure shooter) with additional movement options like rolling on your back. You can also crouch walk.

From the outside MGS4 seemed to be the best playing until GZ came out? Is it better but still bad?

To shoot in first person mode, you have to hold down L1+R1 and triangle at the same time. It just seemed...different and not really better. The encounter design in MGS4 is also far less clever than 3 too. Drew's going to have fun screwing up a brand new control scheme in 4 lol.

Jothel

I don't have a PS3 in the same country as me, I could probably get one for kinda cheap here though and play MGS4, should I or should I just wait for MGScanlon? Playing through 2-3 on Vita at the mo

santeesioux

I don't have a PS3 in the same country as me, I could probably get one for kinda cheap here though and play MGS4, should I or should I just wait for MGScanlon? Playing through 2-3 on Vita at the mo

It has a lot of long cutscenes, might be better to watch MGScanlon.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Always play games rather than watch them (unless it's shit like Deadly Premonition where the gameplay is terribad).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom