• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Is platinum going to be like the default "we need to make an action game out of this licensed franchise so we might as well get some street cred" dev?

Speaking of Platinum, have we heard anything recently about Scalebound? I feel like that game has just disappeared into the ether as they develop it after getting such a prominent spot in the conference.

I'm scandalised that daydream doesn't look like he came out of rhythm heaven.

rhythmtengokuavatarnotzuu0.png

Speaking of Platinum, have we heard anything recently about Scalebound? I feel like that game has just disappeared into the ether as they develop it after getting such a prominent spot in the conference.

Next week in game magazines.

daydream

Banned
The 'teach me MH' vid made me really fucking tempted to get MH4.

I already own 3U, though, and I don't have a N3DS/CCP so I should probably abstain and play what I got.

I think Dan needs to sit in on one of the videos.

You people are fucking crazy.

Just go watch the Metro Redux video on loop, some people have the charisma, wit and screen presence to turn fumbling the execution of a game's mechanics or, if they actually understand said mechanics, their dislike of the mechanics into something entertaining to watch. Dan turns into a 4 year old screaming in Walmart.

No thank you.

The 'teach me MH' vid made me really fucking tempted to get MH4.

I already own 3U, though, and I don't have a N3DS/CCP so I should probably abstain and play what I got.

Try the demo out. The game is quite competent without the special camera controls. There's a nice little directional camera on the touch screen that works well with the thumb.

I've also been hearing from friends that this game has a lot of improvements over 3U.

LiK

Just go watch the Metro Redux video on loop, some people have the charisma, wit and screen presence to turn fumbling the execution of a game's mechanics or, if they actually understand said mechanics, their dislike of the mechanics into something entertaining to watch. Dan turns into a 4 year old screaming in Walmart.

No thank you.

well, things have certainly escalated.

Corgi

Banned

No thank you.

which is why this would be great.

But then I'm one of THOSE guys that loved the pax east Q&A.

daydream

Banned
Try the demo out. The game is quite competent without the special camera controls. There's a nice little directional camera on the touch screen that works well with the thumb.

I've also been hearing from friends that this game has a lot of improvements over 3U.

I played the demo, it was fine and seemed like something I could get used to but I'd rather wait and get the best experience.

Or maybe zeitgeist will get the better of me, we'll see.

FStop7

Banned

No thank you.

It would be funny if Dan could pull off the grudgingly bitchy act that Jeff does so well when they play Mario Party, but that doesn't seem to be something he can or wants to do. He either dry humps a thing to death or he incoherently badmouths it.

Corgi

Banned
Dan railing on Monhun is probably the most exciting moment of a GB cast in a while. Bombcast is fantastic, but I really do miss the good old Shane vs Luke smith energy during the 1up podcast days.

GB is pretty much Gerstmann masterfully convincing everyone else that all games suck.

well, things have certainly escalated.

I enjoy a good amount of the content Dan is in, but that honest and almost infectious childlike enthusiasm he has for the things he enjoys cuts both ways, he is insufferable when it comes to the things he doesn't care for much like a child throwing a hissy fit.

Jeff is a perfect example of someone who can pull off the verbal evisceration of a game with the kind of comedic timing that will have me in stitches even when he's ranting about a game I completely disagree with him on.

Wunder

Dan railing on Monhun is probably the most exciting moment of a GB cast in a while. Bombcast is fantastic, but I really do miss the good old Shane vs Luke smith energy during the 1up podcast days.

GB is pretty much Gerstmann masterfully convincing everyone else that all games suck.

Ain't nothing need convincing. Games suck

While i think Dan is rushing to judgment on Monhun 4, Jeff's reasons for disliking those games is pretty spot on in regards to why i don't care for them: that maintenance and chasing the monster around stages stuff just sucks, but especially the chasing part. I totally agree with those points and i also think the eat-food-to-buff system kinda stinks. Oh, and the whole weird treasure box at the beginning of each stage where you get items for just one mission seems weird and kinda silly, too.

i really just don't like the game apparently, hah

Corgi

Banned
It really does make you wonder how the hell Dan got through MGS3 pre substance. Probably willed his way through it.

Maybe if they made a wrestling monster hunter clone...

It really does make you wonder how the hell Dan got through MGS3 pre substance. Probably willed his way through it.

Maybe if they made a wrestling monster hunter clone...

Vanilla Snake Eater was basically you going into first person mode a ton of times and being much more reliant on your radars. When i played it, it really felt wrong not being able to see ahead of you and it really bummed me out.

Subsistence really made the game a classic for me. Kojima goofed big time with the overhead camera on MGS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom