• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who's never played original DmC, playing the DE with Turbo Mode, 60 FPS, Manual Lock-on, and Hardcore mode, this already feels so much more like a DMC game. I can see why it'd be really easy to dislike it without all that stuff, like I probably would have.

I'm glad NT took all the serious criticism with the game to heart to try and put out the best possible product. Its a much better game for it.

I have to give NT props for making these fixes, it would have been easy to say the criticism was nothing more than people dumping on it for not being DMC5 but they accepted the criticism and addressed it which results in a better game. Hopefully it comes to pc at some point.

1277483-9.jpg

Lijik

If Korra is anything to go by then i hope not, unless they're going to get a decent budget and enough time to scrape something together.

I thought Korra was pretty solid given the shoestring budget Activision probably gave them. Some of their other licensed titles barely function

I have to give NT props for making these fixes, it would have been easy to say the criticism was nothing more than people dumping on it for not being DMC5 but they accepted the criticism and addressed it which results in a better game. Hopefully it comes to pc at some point.

That's what I'm hoping for too. The 60 FPS on PC helps, but the new changes in the DE really take advantage of that frame rate to put out a really solid game.

I thought Korra was pretty solid given the shoestring budget Activision probably gave them. Some of their other licensed titles barely function

I liked it. Its the best avatar game we're probably ever gonna get. Unless Activision lets Platinum make a full budget one.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The game actually runs much faster than 60fps on PC. I played it more at around 100 and my PC sucks. Also, most of the changes already exist on PC in the form of mods.

The game actually runs much faster than 60fps on PC. I played it more at around 100 and my PC sucks. Also, most of the changes already exist on PC in the form of mods.

Built in changes tend to run better than mods. I'm kinda hoping the DmC on steam will just be updated to the DE.

I didn't have an fps counter going but I had everything maxed with v-sync on, and it was ripping. I don't really notice any change above 60-70fps but if I had to guess, it was probably over 120 if it's not locked down.

minecraft runs at something like 400fps on my computer :p

Sure, but it would be nice to not have to mess with a bunch of mods to get an experience that exists on other platforms.

Man, the 2010 GOTY podcasts are pretty much off to a bang already. I haven't even gotten to the infamous Shadow Broker vs Minerva's Den discussion yet, forgot how contentious of a game Limbo was on these podcasts.

daydream

Banned
yes, we need arcade archives: round 04

i'm feeling really uninformed right now, i thought jeff wanted to provide a public service

oh shit wait, those are all on PS Mobile which is going away.

he better buy them quick!

reminds me, i still need to pick up that tokyo jungle psm game

Aerobatics

Neo Member
I dunno guys, I'm thinking about canceling my subscription. There's more stuff then there's been in awhile, but I feel like I don't like any of it.

Dan is fine and all but he's in EVERYTHING, and he starts to get grating pretty quickly. And drew is just so boring.

MGScanlon is the same joke of "woah metal gear it's so crazyyyyy and drew sucks at it"

UPF has always been hit or miss for me, but lately it's been like 90% miss, I feel like the only person who put actual effort into entertaining and picking out a game was Vinny, and he's gone now. It just seems like it's gotten to a TNT level of "well we can't STOP doing this." Maybe more themed upfs?

The podcasts seem fine if you're into the stuff, but I'm not, and if you wanna listen to a good Q&A podcast, listen to MBMBaM. The guests on danswers are probably the only reason it's worth listening to.

Unplugged is terrible.

The only thing I really like is demo derby, but it's more for the videos they watch, and Mario party (but even that is getting really stale, the third one was not even close to the first two)

Eh, maybe I'm just being a hater, Does anyone else feel this way or am I crazy?

The rifftrax type stuff (even though dan just talking over rocky 4 is something I want nothing to do with) and Alex/Vinny do have potential though, so maybe I'll stick it out.

Dan, if you haven't decided to do a review for Codename STEAM or have decided to but do not know what to score it, please give it a 2/5. I just love seeing the review threads for nintendo games catch fire and i like for them to discuss how terrible a reviewer is for not agreeing with them.

I dunno guys, I'm thinking about canceling my subscription. There's more stuff then there's been in awhile, but I feel like I don't like any of it.

Dan is fine and all but he's in EVERYTHING, and he starts to get grating pretty quickly. And drew is just so boring.

MGScanlon is the same joke of "woah metal gear it's so crazyyyyy and drew sucks at it"

UPF has always been hit or miss for me, but lately it's been like 90% miss, I feel like the only person who put actual effort into entertaining and picking out a game was Vinny, and he's gone now. It just seems like it's gotten to a TNT level of "well we can't STOP doing this." Maybe more themed upfs?

The podcasts seem fine if you're into the stuff, but I'm not, and if you wanna listen to a good Q&A podcast, listen to MBMBaM. The guests on danswers are probably the only reason it's worth listening to.

Unplugged is terrible.

The only thing I really like is demo derby, but it's more for the videos they watch, and Mario party (but even that is getting really stale, the third one was not even close to the first two)

Eh, maybe I'm just being a hater, I imagine most people in here disagree with me and that's fine.

If that's how you feel then cancel it dude.

*shrug*

what do you expect someone to say?

Also listened the MH "rant and eh.

As expected it was tame and Brad/Drew did shutdown the situation as quickly as possible. Also Dan does have a point about it being a bit impenetrable and having difficulty of easing people in (which is funny since IIRC 4 made steps to make that better) but as Brad said his other complaints are mostly subjective and can be ignored if needed.

even if I hated everything else, I'd probably keep my subscription for the power bombcast.

I do need some new Vinny premium content in my life though.

Wunder

My god.

I can understand where you're coming from though, if you don't enjoy Dan and/or Drew then everything is pretty dry. I agree that UPF is very hit and miss but I've enjoyed the last few episodes so far. I guess I've subbed to GB long enough that I don't really mind if something is 'boring' or not, I enjoy their content and the stuff they talk about, whether it be random stupid stories or their opinions on the latest 'industry news'. I'm not really looking for X entertainment value out of a monthly subscription anymore, and I doubt most of the long-time subscribers are either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom