• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I enjoyed the CT ER. my only issue was one boss fight. the rest was quite enjoyable.

is this true? I thought they knew how to get it themselves. well, the part in the hospital seemed like they were guessing the correct answers.
It felt like they were acting surprised when they were guessing the answers anyway. lol

yeah but it's an RPG, i don't blame someone from looking at one given how tricky and obtuse RPGs can be.

This is a stealth game that basically includes in-game help from the codecs, there's nothing here that requires looking at a guide to get to the end and achieve the "true" ending.
I'm not watching the series, but if Drew got stuck for 45 minutes... they probably either should have looked it up earlier, or perhaps just edited out that entire section.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Why the condescension?

I see people complaining about other's voicing their opinions, not actually debating anything they say. You could argue that those opinions are just complaints as well, but at least they're somewhat relevant. Complaints about complaints just tend to shit up the thread, and they seem to roll out every time anyone says anything negative.

Because I find complaining about complaining about complaints asinine.

Like, I'll admit that my initial comment was complaining about complaints and it truly adds nothing, but later on I expanded on my own side on why I disagree with the complaints. They can in turn disagree with me, and that's completely fine. Just don't expect two opposite viewpoints to not clash. It's just not how it works. I do agree with you that complaining about complaints adds nothing, but most people here seems to be just talking about how they view the content differently, and that's fine.

Myggen

If they get that far.

They will of course do MGS4 (they confirmed as much on the recent Bombcast), so if they want to do GZ they'll do it (depends on whether they want to do a full playthrough of GZ and/or MGSV, which I doubt given how recent both games are and Jeff's comments from a while back about doing "let's plays" of very recent games).

Dan "FuuuUUUuuUUUUUcccKKKK You!!!" Ryckert makes a rousing return in the latest episode of MGScanlon and the DmC QL. If I wanted to die of acute alcohol poisoning I would make it into a drinking game.

Also, any spoilerly stuff in the Ori QL?

Dan "FuuuUUUuuUUUUUcccKKKK You!!!" Ryckert makes a rousing return in the latest episode of MGScanlon and the DmC QL. If I wanted to die of acute alcohol poisoning I would make it into a drinking game.

Also, any spoilerly stuff in the Ori QL?

they show the intro and then play a bit of the middle. So maybe the first 10 minutes of the game or so

BearPawB

Banned
I understand why people are frustrated at MGScanlon.

And the first 40 minutes of the most recent episode are literally painful. I think it is on Jason to step in when those situations occur, and say, "hey there is a part of this building you haven't explored".

So much of the MGS games in holding people up, and Drew never does it.
I think he just needs to have an off screen practice session, where he just gets used to the controls a bit.

I don't mind Drew playing the game as Rambo. I don't think he is playing the game wrong. I used the same strategy on The Fear as he did. I just wish he felt more comfortable trying out some of the core mechanics.

Also, the "play once a week thing", really hurts this series. Like more than any other game they have ever done.

They can finish GZ in like one video, might as well do it.

Unless Dan doesn't help Drew find out where to go (as he shouldn't), then he could get really lost.

Or he could get so absorbed in the mechanics like I did and just fuck around for hours because fuck GZ feels so good to play.

It's a lot more aggravating when it's such a simple game and the text on the screen can take up like half of what you see.

I still think to this day that it was some high-level trolling from the both of them, i refuse to believe that they would blatantly ignore such obvious prompts spoonfeeding them exactly what they need to do.

Help me remember: was their this much of a critical response in regards to Vinny's half run of DS and Brad's run of Demon's Souls? I don't remember people being this frustrated with them about how they went about things but maybe that's due to frustration being very much part of those games.
I remember people complaining with the Souls playthroughs that they weren't making the game hard enough for themselves. Royal is for noobs and all that crap.

Really, people have complained about every series. I really enjoy MGScanlon. It's just the first 40 minutes of this episode sucked. Hopefully The End will provide some entertainment.

Myggen

I'd be willing to skip those 12 minutes for spoilery stuff, but do they reference them vocally in the rest of the video? I'd be worried about them offhandedly remarking about the tragedy or whatever at minute 26 or something.

I honestly don't remember. I wouldn't be surprised if they did, so if you're that worried about spoilers you should probably just skip it for now.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Because I find complaining about complaining about complaints asinine.

Like, I'll admit that my initial comment was complaining about complaints and it truly adds nothing, but later on I expanded on my own side on why I disagree with the complaints. They can in turn disagree with me, and that's completely fine. Just don't expect two opposite viewpoints to not clash. It's just not how it works. I do agree with you that complaining about complaints adds nothing, but most people here seems to be just talking about how they view the content differently, and that's fine.

I'm not expecting people's opinions to not clash. It doesn't bother me at all if someone likes/doesn't like something, and wants to say it/argue it out with someone. It also doesn't bother me if someone's post doesn't add something to a thread like this. It's just the inevitable bunch of responses prompted by the mere existence of negative opinions that seem unnecessary. I could understand if people here were getting really worked up and angry, but the comments here are by and large pretty mild and don't really warrant that response.

Listening to Jeff listening to a broken radio station. Awesome.

this is very confusing

round the world
noise
top 40
what is up y'all
y'all ready
ryan seacrest give it up
let's do it your top 2
and for everyone who's yet to see this artist live
it's unlike any performer in pop right now
he takes the stage alone with just a guitar, just a mic and captivates stadiums without the help of a bunch of stuff goin on

e: jeff has it memorized hahaha

Wiseblood

Let's do it, your top two. For everyone who's yet to see this artist live, it's unlike any performer in pop right now. He takes the stage alone with just a guitar, just a mic, and captivates stadiums without the help of a bunch of stuff going on.

Fjordson

Respect and attention? Just because it's MGS3 it deserves some extra level of respect and attention? You guys are making MGS out like it's some sacred cow of gaming. I'm almost glad I'm not invested in the series and the playthrough.
It's not so much a sacred cow, I've just never seen anyone struggle with MGS like Drew is. Even on their first playthrough. It's not that difficult.

That being said, I still find it super entertaining so I don't really care. And I think playing on camera and having to commentate adds another layer to a game that makes it harder than just playing through something during one's free time.

Kelas

Cities skylines looks real nice. It's like a modernised sim city 4

they should make a stupid YT thumbnail fro the End fight

Like have Drews face on the left making an 'AHHHHH' face and the ends face on the right with his face popping out and bright yellow text with 'IS THIS THE END FOR DREW'

I feel this fight deserves it

Myggen

For some reason it seems to me that Brad's voice is different that usual in this Cities QL. Might have something to do with me having worked for (almost) every waking hour of this week so far, and I haven't slept for 36 hours. Time to get some sleep, I think.

Patryn

is this true? I thought they knew how to get it themselves. well, the part in the hospital seemed like they were guessing the correct answers.

As I recall, people spoiled the SHIT out of Persona 4 to the guys. They were tripping over themselves to send spoilers to the guys so they'd "play right".

Why is
The Ladder
so infamous? It didn't really seem all that special when I played it.

Also the
fear fight
without therms is still mad easy, just gotta sit close to your TV and pay attention.

Myggen

As I recall, people spoiled the SHIT out of Persona 4 to the guys. They were tripping over themselves to send spoilers to the guys so they'd "play right".

Yup, you couldn't read the comments if you wanted to avoid spoilers and I remember people sending them spoilers on Twitter too. They pretty much couldn't avoid it.

daydream

Banned
For some reason it seems to me that Brad's voice is different that usual in this Cities QL. Might have something to do with me having worked for (almost) every waking hour of this week so far, and I haven't slept for 36 hours. Time to get some sleep, I think.

nope, that's a brad ass brad voice

time to hit the hay, mygg

and another thumbnail idea for the Ladder from MGS3

Have Drew making a funny weird face and the Ladder on the right side and in bright yellow text 'Is this the End for Drew!?'

it'll be hilarious

Teddified

I think Dan just needs to know more about whats coming up and have some idea of what to do in what area. Mainly because Drew relies on him and if Dan is constantly talking about interrogating people it kinda becomes the focus. Only for Dan to pipe in later that he doesn't think interrogating matters.

Hopefully they learn to use the map again sometime.

LiK

Yup, you couldn't read the comments if you wanted to avoid spoilers and I remember people sending them spoilers on Twitter too. They pretty much couldn't avoid it.

bummer, but I was hoping they would stick with getting the true ending. it would've been pretty bad if they ended on a bad ending. the fact that they stuck with a single save and refused to go back probably fueled the paranoia from their fans. they should never do that.

I thought of another thumbnail idea

have Drews face on the left with him facepalming and on the right you have Volgin and in bright yellow text 'YOU WILL BE SHOCKED AT THIS OUTCOME'

it'll be funny

it'll get a million hits

Kelas

I thought of another thumbnail idea

have Drews face on the left with him facepalming and on the right you have Volgin and in bright yellow text 'YOU WILL BE SHOCKED AT THIS OUTCOME'

it'll be funny

it'll get a million hits

you promised me it would be hilarious so I took your basic premise and made this

bPCtko9.png

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I'm really disappointed that Jeff's mixlr isn't on the top page of results when you google "mixlr". What else is anybody looking for when they search for that site?

It's on the top suggestions, but that's an extra step I shouldn't need.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm not expecting people's opinions to not clash. It doesn't bother me at all if someone likes/doesn't like something, and wants to say it/argue it out with someone. It also doesn't bother me if someone's post doesn't add something to a thread like this. It's just the inevitable bunch of responses prompted by the mere existence of negative opinions that seem unnecessary. I could understand if people here were getting really worked up and angry, but the comments here are by and large pretty mild and don't really warrant that response.

I dunno, I didn't think the response against that response was all that vicious really. All I did was bring up that the people asking them to play it right seemed to be a lot more prevalent than the P4 ER, and also that I don't agree that they need to play it right. It's not like people were just trading insults back and forth.

I do understand wanting to avoid a cycle of negativity though.

One of my all time favorite moments in Giant Bomb content was that flight simulator game when Drew rolled open the hood of the plane, got turned around in the clouds, and emerged to find himself rocketing towards the ground.

Sure, the event itself was hilarious, but what made it memorable to me was the 40 minutes preceeding it. It was Drew banging his head against a wall trying to decipher his notes on starting the engine and trying to get liftoff.

What a treasure having Vinny verbally guiding Drew into sabotaging himself after all that effort!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom