• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I dunno, I didn't think the response against that response was all that vicious really. All I did was bring up that the people asking them to play it right seemed to be a lot more prevalent than the P4 ER, and also that I don't agree that they need to play it right. It's not like people were just trading insults back and forth.

I do understand wanting to avoid a cycle of negativity though.

I wasn't picking on any one post or person, just the trend of several people lamenting negative comments whenever they come up. That's therefore not any one person's fault, and I wouldn't want anyone to stop posting how they felt, so I guess there's no great solution. It's not a terrible problem anyway, it just seems to happen a lot.

- J - D -

One of my all time favorite moments in Giant Bomb content was that flight simulator game when Drew rolled open the hood of the plane, got turned around in the clouds, and emerged to find himself rocketing towards the ground.

Sure, the event itself was hilarious, but what made it memorable to me was the 40 minutes preceeding it. It was Drew banging his head against a wall trying to decipher his notes on starting the engine and trying to get liftoff.

What a treasure having Vinny verbally guiding Drew into sabotaging himself after all that effort!

If only he carried half as much of that energy and enthusiasm into MGScanlon. Granted, a large part of why GB flight club worked so well was because of Vinny and Dave, who were palpably as into it as Drew was.

Of couse, flight club wasn't a long-form series like MGScanlon.

Mr. F

Banned
Lordy MGS is hard to watch this time around. Kind of wish they would film them Endurance-run style and divide them into episode chunks so Drew would have an easier time picking up where he left off. Dan is kind of annoying with his insistence on checking out certain things or doing codec calls while Drew is visibly frustrated with whatever is going on at the time.

Fjordson

One of my all time favorite moments in Giant Bomb content was that flight simulator game when Drew rolled open the hood of the plane, got turned around in the clouds, and emerged to find himself rocketing towards the ground.

Sure, the event itself was hilarious, but what made it memorable to me was the 40 minutes preceeding it. It was Drew banging his head against a wall trying to decipher his notes on starting the engine and trying to get liftoff.

What a treasure having Vinny verbally guiding Drew into sabotaging himself after all that effort!
Lmao, do you remember which QL this was?

PensOwl

Banned
I wonder if any of the GB team watch the BAFTA Game Awards.

tumblr_mtpzbbC9er1sxz19yo1_500.png

Still legendary.

Homeworld quick look is rough, Brad thinks you're stuck on one plane(the verticality is one of the things that makes Homeworld so unique) and he just uses the classic throw all enemies at thing approach. Play the tutorial! Still, he said he was having fun.

tchocky

thanks for the suggestions guys my hiccup are gone

Speaking of hiccups, the only GB content that has given me hiccups from laughing is the Motorbike QL, during the multiplayer. That was also the same day they did the ql of Ride to Hell which probably makes it the best day for qls on the site..

KingKong

Homeworld quick look is rough, Brad thinks you're stuck on one plane(the verticality is one of the things that makes Homeworld so unique) and he just uses the classic throw all enemies at thing approach. Play the tutorial! Still, he said he was having fun.

Didn't he say he played the tutorial...he just forgot everything he learned

Megasoum

Banned
Tested just hit 1 million subscriber on their Youtube channel... That's kinda cool.

Also that's 10 time more than GB... Not that anyone really use YT directly for GB.

Megasoum

Banned
Well to be clear.. I use the youtube player all the time when I'm at work cause the HTML5 one doesn' work but I still go through the GB website, I don'T subscribe to the youtube channel.

Much easier for me to use Youtube mobile when on my tablet or phone when I want to see GB vids there.

Giantbomb Video buddy is so good for that (on iOS anyway... I think there's an equivalent on Android too).

LiK

GB is the main place I watch but i'll use YT if I need to but yea, I rarely check their YT page. considering they deleted or delisted a bunch of Nintendo videos and no premium videos are there, it's basically just a taste of their site for random YT traffic.

I use their Roku app for the recent stuff. too bad it doesn't have ALL the videos like the Video Buddy app. gonna pick up the cheaper AppleTV and just mirror.

FStop7

Banned
Lordy MGS is hard to watch this time around. Kind of wish they would film them Endurance-run style and divide them into episode chunks so Drew would have an easier time picking up where he left off. Dan is kind of annoying with his insistence on checking out certain things or doing codec calls while Drew is visibly frustrated with whatever is going on at the time.

Yes, I am tired of Dan pledging non-interference in one breath and then telling Drew what to do in the next. Nobody cares about gawking at Eva's tits, especially right now when gaming as a whole is going through this internal reckoning over whether it wants to start to truly mature or continue to be a T&A show for socially malformed manbabies.

GB is the main place I watch but i'll use YT if I need to but yea, I rarely check their YT page. considering they deleted or delisted a bunch of Nintendo videos and no premium videos are there, it's basically just a taste of their site for random YT traffic.

I use their Roku app for the recent stuff. too bad it doesn't have ALL the videos like the Video Buddy app. gonna pick up the cheaper AppleTV and just mirror.

I use my Xbox One for giant bomb videos if I'm doing homework on my laptop. Works great on there.

Nobody cares about gawking at Eva's tits,

That's the best part of the game.

After seeing Drew's reaction to the game so far, I think I can predict that MGS4 will be his favorite game of the series just for how much better its controls are. They are "modern" and without frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom