• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egg0

Banned
The best part about the whole playthrough is that Drew hasn't used the Fake death pill yet. Meaning the Sorrow will be night impossible since he doesn't recognize the moment to use the revival pill.

That will probably mirror my own experience with that fight. I didn't use the fake death/revival stuff at all prior to getting to that part. It took me way too long to figure out what I needed to do. When I did figure it out, the walking just became obnoxious.

Hey Jimmy, whose responsible for the graphics? You got someone good for this, right? It would suck if the new thread did not keep up with the quality these threads had.

That is to say, until SteveWinwood fucked it all up.

P2OIqD6.png

#1 Metal Gear Fan

newjeruse

What's up with that article Jeff wrote today? It seems un-Giant Bomby. It's reactive, speculative, and fairly un-informational. I don't really mean that as an insult, it just resembles a clickbait article I would expect from IGN.

I wish Giant Bomb was quicker in reacting to news with their streams. Not necessarily with the UC4 delay, but if news breaks, I wish they would just go on the set and live stream their discussion for half an hour. These kind of articles do nothing for me.

What's up with that article Jeff wrote today? It seems un-Giant Bomby. It's reactive, speculative, and fairly un-informational. I don't really mean that as an insult, it just resembles a clickbait article I would expect from IGN.

I wish Giant Bomb was quicker in reacting to news with their streams. Not necessarily with the UC4 delay, but if news breaks, I wish they would just go on the set and live stream their discussion for half an hour. These kind of articles do nothing for me.

It's a valid article with information on the listed releases for this year.

Egg0

Banned
Also the last paragraph of that article,

"This article brought to you by the fact that I'm already in some meetings about our E3 plans and now I officially have E3 on the brain whether I like it or not..."

danm999

I don't think its intended as a news piece or anything.

Seems like he was doing E3 preparations and got to thinking what Sony and MS had announced/were likely to show this year and wanted to get his thoughts about it on paper (or screen or whatever).

Brashnir

Giant Bomb 13 | It's Like Fat Albert Had Too Many Red Bulls

This is both a great Drew quote and a perfect description of Giant Bomb

Man Jimmy for being the next topic creator you should have Myggens post bookmarked! Shame shame shaaaaame.

heh i was running a little late with the creation of the next OT but i am almost finished now

Hey Jimmy, whose responsible for the graphics? You got someone good for this, right? It would suck if the new thread did not keep up with the quality these threads had.

That is to say, until SteveWinwood fucked it all up.

I have given graphics responsibility to daydream/ren

I think you guys will be pleased. I believe the Graphics will rival the Bombcast threads

Balb

The best part about the whole playthrough is that Drew hasn't used the Fake death pill yet. Meaning the Sorrow will be night impossible since he doesn't recognize the moment to use the revival pill.

Dan will lead him in the right direction like he always does.

Xeteh

eh we will talk about your payment soon.

will buckfast do?

I seriously want some buckfast... I know it'll be shit but... you know.

Hopefully he can restrain himself a bit.

I wouldn't care if Dan pointed things out to him... but when he says something like "I need to keep quiet/I don't think I should tell you something/Jason, should I mention...?" he's making it obvious to Drew that there's something there. If Dan wants to say something he should just say it, people are going to bitch regardless.

erawsd

Yea, it's certainly valid. But GB has stayed away from doing a bunch of valid things because it doesn't jibe with their ethos. This just seems out of place, but it's not a big deal.

Their ethos is that they do what they feel like doing. Jeff has a lot of thoughts about the year and felt like sharing them in an article.

Balb

Hopefully he can restrain himself a bit.

It doesn't really take much to nudge someone in the right direction. All he'd have to say is "Drew, look at all of your items." Honestly that one line could make the difference between being stuck for 5 minutes and being stuck for 45.

Catching up on MGScanlon. Part 4... auugh. Edit: Oh god pt5 hot shaping up to be much better. Edit edit: Please god just open the map

I started playing MGS3 last Friday with the intention of going along episode-to-episode with the series and deeefinitely finished it by Saturday night. So good. First time playing the HD version as well. Shocked at how easy the platinum is compared to the others.

swimbuff

More Hotline Miami?
Level design (large open spaces) and difficulty (much more enemies, windows, and offscreen shooters) seem to encourage bait and wait gameplay. Makes for a frustrating experience at times.

First game I felt I could just storm into a room with a melee weapon and improvise the rest. You felt like a badass motherfucker when you did this and cleared a level on the first try. However in this game I felt you had to die in the level a few times to learn the enemy placements and level layout until you can plan & run the optimal route, similar to games like 1001 Spikes. Makes it feel more "gamey."

Soundtrack still banging. Too bad I can't find a way to buy it without buying the game again on Steam (I have it on PS4).

Watching Breaking Brad: Demons Souls now.

It aint no Load our last Souls be it will do.

Also Dark takes so much stuff over from Demon's Souls I have to wonder if FROM and Sony ever had to sit down and hash out a legal agreement so no one sues anybody.

I mean sure games in the same genera are normally similar in many ways but those games straight up use the same fonts and sound effects in parts.

Or maybe FROM technically owns rights to the game but not the brand... who knows

Hotline Miami 2 Biggest Disappointment 2015.

it'd be kinda weird if the goty also won best disapointment!

Seriously though, as someone who loved Hotline Miami, I am absolutely adoring the second one so far. I really love what they're doing with the story and structure and since I've replayed the first game so many times I'm really into how hard it is. Shame the GB guys aren't as hot on it.

Teptom

The way he fucking says "this artist live" makes it sound like the artist is actually named "This Artist Live"

How long has he been listening to this?

swimbuff

it'd be kinda weird if the goty also won best disapointment!

Seriously though, as someone who loved Hotline Miami, I am absolutely adoring the second one so far. I really love what they're doing with the story and structure and since I've replayed the first game so many times I'm really into how hard it is. Shame the GB guys aren't as hot on it.

The difficulty in the first game never felt unfair though. I felt like I died from too many offscreen enemies in this one. Granted I could have been more careful and methodical, but I played HM1 by busting through doors and fucking shit up. Here I feel like I'm forced to lure enemies out of rooms one by one due to the sheer number of them. Also guns were always a last resort for me, but in this one it's almost impossible to clear a level without them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still into it and I appreciate they tried to differentiate it from the first game. I liked the story and structure change too, and loved the introduction of the new gameplay elements with the writer levels being my favourite. I just vastly prefer HM1. Finished that 4 times now, whereas outside of a couple of levels I don't feel like replaying HM2 at all.

Watching Breaking Brad: Demons Souls now.

It aint no Load our last Souls be it will do.

Also Dark takes so much stuff over from Demon's Souls I have to wonder if FROM and Sony ever had to sit down and hash out a legal agreement so no one sues anybody.

I mean sure games in the same genera are normally similar in many ways but those games straight up use the same fonts and sound effects in parts.

Or maybe FROM technically owns rights to the game but not the brand... who knows

perfect example

Dying light. The game looks like dead island but is not owned by deep silver. It also has the same fonts and icons as dead island and also plays the same as dead island. I believe it is on the same engine as well.

I gusss it just boils down to you can do whatever you want but don't call your game dead island or demons souls 2.

Sony and from are tight now but I would like to know what deep silver is thinking.

Renpatsu

justjim89

#HirePartyBill

Seriously, though, character work is not Dan's forte. Maybe it's just because it was basically a Fat Albert impersonation, but that was dangerously close to kinda racist for my taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom