• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many people tried out Calorie Mates because Snake said they tasted wonderful

It could taste like dog shit but Snake will say it tastes incredible because why the fuck would they say otherwise about a licensed product

According to Wikipedia, CalorieMate was created in 1983, 19 years after MGS3 (1964). Darn you Kojima and anachronisms! Sure, sure, sure. You could say in the fiction of MGS3 CalorieMate was created first for the military use before it became a consumer product like the internet or GPS was used by the military first. Apparently, the original is cheese flavored.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CalorieMate

Edit: If this is a real ad from Japan, it is too perfect. It's the new Big Boss himself!
cm_24.jpg

def sim

What are in these? Snowpiercer style?

No
bugs
, probably. Only a powdery, cookie thing.

It's nothing special.

I wonder how many people tried out Calorie Mates because Snake said they tasted wonderful

It could taste like dog shit but Snake will say it tastes incredible because why the fuck would they say otherwise about a licensed product

Yeah, it's just peculiar marketing like the iPod in MGS4.

jgminto

I love the caloriemate product placement in MGS3, Snake is so clearly selling you this product and it works so well because of that.

Manus

Went back and watched the first Hotline Miami quick look since I remember Ryan being blown away by it. Someone had posted this in the comments and I thought it was awesome. Dunno if it has been shared here or not.

I'm sure if Vinny was on the Cities Skylines QL, he would have somehow did something like this:

Ou3WSLw.jpg

Recreate the end of Speed 2: Cruise Control? God, I hate that I know enough about that movie to remember that scene. I'd rather watch Speed 3: Glacier of Doom (Family Guy reference, for those who care).

According to Wikipedia, CalorieMate was created in 1983, 19 years after MGS3 (1964). Darn you Kojima and anachronisms! Sure, sure, sure. You could say in the fiction of MGS3 CalorieMate was created first for the military use before it became a consumer product like the internet or GPS was used by the military first. Apparently, the original is cheese flavored.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CalorieMate

Edit: If this is a real ad from Japan, it is too perfect. It's the new Big Boss himself!
cm_24.jpg

It is a real ad, from around 2007 or 2008, iirc. 24 is really popular in Japan. There were billboard ads everywhere. There were TV commercials as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yumMoemWEA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCXowC-MlJs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_swFUVeVKo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CNmWwE4Hbw

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
lol, vinny's introduction to the video panel is great.

edit: You know, today would be a great day for gbeast playdate to return, with city skylines. I need to see vinny build a city

Volotaire

I looked up Calorie Mate to see if they tasted good but it seems like the consensus opinion is that they are average with a buttery and sweet smell. They look like shortbread biscuits.

Bronzie

Neo Member
ooof. the questions in the PAX East panel are making me cringe with the awkwardness of the people raising them and the pure shut down by Jeff

Didn't they say that a lot of the short or, in some cases, complete lack of responses to the PAX questions was because they could barely hear them? Or do we like the idea of Jeff shitting on the PAX attendees too much? I suppose they really did shut down that first guy.

Megasoum

Banned
Didn't they say that a lot of the short or, in some cases, complete lack of responses to the PAX questions was because they could barely hear them? Or do we like the idea of Jeff shitting on the PAX attendees too much? I suppose they really did shut down that first guy.

Jeff said both on his tumblr and on the latest bombcast that they couldn't hear shit. They couldn't even hear themselves around the table.

dogflaps

Banned
Yes, I am tired of Dan pledging non-interference in one breath and then telling Drew what to do in the next. Nobody cares about gawking at Eva's tits, especially right now when gaming as a whole is going through this internal reckoning over whether it wants to start to truly mature or continue to be a T&A show for socially malformed manbabies.

Gawping at Eva's tits actually leads to one of the greatest character development moments in the game.

All the way through the game, you press R1 to gawp at her tits and Snake is constantly checking her out. However, during the Shagohad battle when you're on the bike and it's rushing towards you as you make you last stand, you can press R1 and Snake is looking into her eyes for the first time. He's falling in love with her, and he's seeing her as a person as opposed to a sexual object.

Megasoum

Banned
Yes, I am tired of Dan pledging non-interference in one breath and then telling Drew what to do in the next. Nobody cares about gawking at Eva's tits, especially right now when gaming as a whole is going through this internal reckoning over whether it wants to start to truly mature or continue to be a T&A show for socially malformed manbabies.

Did you seriously put "Mature" and "Dan" in the same sentence?

Patryn

Jeff said both on his tumblr and on the latest bombcast that they couldn't hear shit. They couldn't even hear themselves around the table.

Having been in the room during the panel, I can say that the sound for that panel was literally the worst I've ever heard for a PAX panel. Rewatching it online, I probably missed at least half of what was said.

I've never heard a room echo that much, and all the audio was terribly blown out.

On another topic, I had a sobering thought this morning: I'm seeing people talk about Rab and Cara, and I realized that I'm dreading when they announce the next hire. That's going to be a dark time for Giant Bomb, and I really hope they're better prepared for the controversy and attacks that are going to follow.

In all seriousness, I see almost no way that it doesn't become a huge shitstorm, for at least a short period.

And you know what? That kind of sucks that it's going to be that way.

Wunder

Gawping at Eva's tits actually leads to one of the greatest character development moments in the game.

All the way through the game, you press R1 to gawp at her tits and Snake is constantly checking her out. However, during the Shagohad battle when you're on the bike and it's rushing towards you as you make you last stand, you can press R1 and Snake is looking into her eyes for the first time. He's falling in love with her, and he's seeing her as a person as opposed to a sexual object.

Damn. What a hero.

Myggen

Yup, that was pretty obvious during the panel too. I remember Vinny asking what Alex and Dan said a couple of times. It's probably why it seemed to be less discussion on the panel than it usually is, they just couldn't hear each other.

Renpatsu

I just watched the DmC Definitive QL. I enjoy watching pro pro players play through games of that ilk, so any folks got any recommendations of folks to watch for the new DmC?

Patryn

Also, just read the Jeff article and despite his lack of faith I am still burning the candle of hope that Fallout 4 is coming in November.

I swear to god that I read somewhere that Bethesda was planning on having the shortest announce to release window for their next game, and given that there was less than a year between announce and release of Skyrim, I feel like 3-4 months would work.

demidar

That's actually pretty good justification.

LiK

oh, I remember this. yea, great point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom