• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant bomb "dot com" official thread 12 - anime + waluigi discussion webzone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error1355

You know, at the time of watching Metal Gear Scanlon Part 5, I was raging so hard for the first 40 minutes or so. After having some cool down time from that nonsense, I'm actually pretty cool with it and laughing about it. The reaction to them realizing they were just not going down the right hallway was pretty damn good.

Looking forward to seeing how in the hell Drew will do against The End. lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Fuckin' seriously? Is this accurate? That got him a ban? Meanwhile, we have a 3 page viral marketing thread dedicated to a Youtuber because he bought a new computer?

"Port begging" is what brought Valkyria Chronicles to the PC, and... fuck it. I'm starting to understand GAF less and less any more.
Instead we have a thread dedicated to people who work for CBS? :p

Excessive port begging has always been banned on GAF, so I don't know why that would be news to anyone.

Myggen

Fuckin' seriously? Is this accurate? That got him a ban? Meanwhile, we have a 3 page viral marketing thread dedicated to a Youtuber because he bought a new computer?

"Port begging" is what brought Valkyria Chronicles to the PC, and... fuck it. I'm starting to understand GAF less and less any more.

That stuff has been bannable on GAF since pretty much the start, so it's not anything new.

edit: Lol, that Angry Joe thread is a graveyard of thread shitters.

You know, at the time of watching Metal Gear Scanlon Part 5, I was raging so hard for the first 40 minutes or so. After having some cool down time from that nonsense, I'm actually pretty cool with it and laughing about it. The reaction to them realizing they were just not going down the right hallway was pretty damn good.

Looking forward to seeing how in the hell Drew will do against The End. lol

I was just glad that 16 year old me wasn't capable of streaming the game when I played it for the first time back in 2004. I spent the whole of that section dying over and over again because I tried to sneak through the facility without wearing the scientist camo...all with the original over the head camera too.

GavinGT

Banned
ydeFlKo.gif

Is this one of those Bad Lip Reading things?

Is there a new Big Live Live Show coming up? I keep hearing it mentioned, but I don't know if it's officially coming.

Yeah they said it's coming, and they mentioned a date for it (someone else might remember what date they said) but to not hold them to that date, things can change.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
That stuff has been bannable on GAF since pretty much the start, so it's not anything new.

Holy shit, you weren't kidding. Remind me to never question a thread, no matter how dumb, irrelevant and stupid it is.

I don't mind there being threads dedicated to requesting for ports, it's just annoying when it's in the OT or any thread related to that game.

I don't mind there being threads dedicated to requesting for ports, it's just annoying when it's in the OT or any thread related to that game.

I thought the point of the no port begging rule was to prevent threads from being derailed and/or people from being idiot fanboys, and I don't see how a thread asking for an old Microsoft game to be put on PC or Xbox One, systems on which Microsoft puts out games anyway, runs afoul of those goals. It's like someone making a thread asking why Earthbound isn't available on the Virtual Console or asking for an HD remaster of a PS2 game. And wasn't a PC release even promised at some point in time?

Whatever. There's nothing more thrilling than meta-discussion.

I've been relistening to last year's E3 casts and man, they are super great. I'm interested to see what Dan brings to the table this year.

I feel like out of everything GB does, Patrick being gone is going to be most noticeable at E3 this year. He was consistently great on the late-show segments and I'm pretty sure he was basically responsible for booking guests. Hopefully the other guys can pick up his torch.

Luke_Wal

I've been relistening to last year's E3 casts and man, they are super great. I'm interested to see what Dan brings to the table this year.

I feel like out of everything GB does, Patrick being gone is going to be most noticeable at E3 this year. He was consistently great on the late-show segments and I'm pretty sure he was basically responsible for booking guests. Hopefully the other guys can pick up his torch.

Dan seems like one of those guys that probably knows everybody. I bet he can hook them up.

Other than that: do we have any timeframe on the Giant Beastcast or the new news person?

Dan seems like one of those guys that probably knows everybody. I bet he can hook them up.

Other than that: do we have any timeframe on the Giant Beastcast or the new news person?

I'd guess both of those things would happen before E3, based on the time frame with the hiring last year. At PAX East Jeff seemed to be pretty sure about who they were gonna hire, and last Alex mentioned the Beastcast was gonna be in January/Febuary, so it's already overdue.

Does anyone extract audio from the videos and just listen to that? I've been thinking about doing it since I spend a lot of time at work and commuting and have tons of time to listen to podcasts but dont have time for videos.

Also - what's the best free software for audio extraction?

The first 40 minutes of MGScanlon were worth it just for that moment he finds the staircase and realizes how dumb he must look. It's okay, Drew. We've all been there. Don't mind the whiners.

I mean, I'm alright with Angry Joe but I see people doing almost the same thing anytime anything PewDiePie related gets its own thread. *shrug*

daydream

Banned
as I see it, GAF needs to rethink its thread policy

(ir)relevancy of content is very much a thing, why shouldn't it be discussed

probably why I stick to subscriptions more and more these days

K.Sabot

Potato Marshal just invaded Patrick's Old Monk boss fight on his stream.

And soul sucked him twice already lol

yup he was forced to turn off the ps3, potato marshal wins again

tchocky

Yeah that was great. I was hoping Dan would get another chance to interview Kojima. The first time, Dan said he tried to talk to him about action movies and Kojima was havin none of it.

I think Dan has met/interviewed Kojima more than once. The action movie disappointment was the last time for ground zeroes.

hamchan

It's a weird place where doing one thing one day will not get you banned but doing the same thing on another day will get you banned because the mod is in a bad mood. Or you can get phantom banned not because of a bad post you made recently but because "you just don't fit the community" overall, and maybe an admin has never liked you. Basically, I don't understand this place that much either.

Also as someone who likes Angry Joe I wouldn't mind seeing a community thread for him that's similar to this one where we can post his videos, instead of creating a new thread every time he does literally anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom